4 Years of being single

Options

Replies

• moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Been single a year, with many more years to come. When I say single, I mean completely celibate as I seem to be the lowest of the low in the eyes of the opposite sex. They are completely creeped out by the sight of me and I'm so ashamed of myself for it.

Unlike the OP, I miss having somebody to cook for!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    It's not about settling for less, it's about looking for different things. People create an image in their mind of what they want their relationship or significant other to be like, and it's usually never how it ends up happening. I'd suggest being more openminded about the kind of girl u expect yourself to end up with.

Speaking of open minded, I don't recall him mentioning he was looking for a female. Just sayin...
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know this chap and unfortunately he is not trolling. Well maybe a little about the cooking and cleaning. He is a decent guy who is serving his country and trying to navigate the world alone. He recently shaved his head. What do you ladies think about shaved heads? I think he would have been better served to just keep it short. He is 6'2" iirc 215 pounds and has abs. If you guys can toss him legit feedback I know he would appreciate it.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    It's not about settling for less, it's about looking for different things. People create an image in their mind of what they want their relationship or significant other to be like, and it's usually never how it ends up happening. I'd suggest being more openminded about the kind of girl u expect yourself to end up with.

Speaking of open minded, I don't recall him mentioning he was looking for a female. Just sayin...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good eye, sir!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    As someone who is getting divorced after 15 years......it is better to be alone than live with a psycho. I hope that I find someone who will treat me right but I will never settle I have been to hell and back and I deserve better
  • Billy323
    Options
    He isn't gay and I was serious about him currently serving his country
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Well, lose the expectation of a cook and housekeeper, and start looking for a girl that shares your interests. Not a bad looking guy, but the 50s era search is a huge turn off.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    He isn't gay and I was serious about him currently serving his country

Yes. Word of advice, OP...remove the pic with your last name in it. B!tches be trippin all up in dis place.
  • Billy323
    Options

Yes. Word of advice, OP...remove the pic with your last name in it. B!tches be trippin all up in dis place.

I like you.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was totally expecting a different OP. It can't be that hard to find a woman who wants you to cook for her and do her laundry. Seriously?
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Well, lose the expectation of a cook and housekeeper, and start looking for a girl that shares your interests. Not a bad looking guy, but the 50s era search is a huge turn off.

This. Although my DS and I were just discussing that military life can make that a bit more challenging to find someone who's a partner rather than a dependapotamus. Get creative, and maybe consider joining some local activity groups via Meetup as a way to meet new people w/similar interests?
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I like you.

+1
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Well around here things are a little different. I do the cooking and my wife does the laundry.

Any interest in a threesome?
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I know this chap and unfortunately he is not trolling. Well maybe a little about the cooking and cleaning. He is a decent guy who is serving his country and trying to navigate the world alone. He recently shaved his head. What do you ladies think about shaved heads? I think he would have been better served to just keep it short. He is 6'2" iirc 215 pounds and has abs. If you guys can toss him legit feedback I know he would appreciate it.

If this is the case ... then he won't find anyone until he is happy in himself. Love isn't about having someone come along so that your habits can change (or to have them do your laundry) it's about having someone come into your life and share your life. The moment you start looking for someone to fill a void ... or the dishwasher ... you end up forgetting what it is all about.

Just my opinion, no need to hate if you don't agree :-)
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    well according to your twitter (which is clearly on your profile pic), you love to photograph women, so you really shouldn't be having issues meeting them :wink:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over 4 years. I consider myself successful, in shape, attractive, etc.

"I just haven't found the right one."

At what age or point do I settle for less just so I can 'be in a relationship'? It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

So you want to date me so I can do your laundry and cook for you? Um, no.

^^^ this! :noway:

your reply indicates very low understanding of forums

Didn't know I was taking a test... Lol-- thanks for pointing that out :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Well around here things are a little different. I do the cooking and my wife does the laundry.

I'm in! I gots 'sperience and errything!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

So.... whatcha bringing to the party then?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

So.... whatcha bringing to the party then?

I'm bringing the favors. :wink:
  • Billy323
    Options
    well according to your twitter (which is clearly on your profile pic), you love to photograph women, so you really shouldn't be having issues meeting them :wink:

You're the same guy who said he reported that Twilight kid for joining mfp while being too you. You need a hobby pal. You're a snitch and a stalker.