4 Years of being single

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    You should be single until you get out of the mindset of every thinking about settling.
    It happens, at all different ages.
    I was single for a good 10+ yrs.
    I had dated people but I'd get tired of them early on, so nothing lasted more then a few months.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My advice to single peoples? Get out of your comfort zone. Go places you don't usually go, do things you don't usually do. Live life, have experiences, try new things, meet new people. You never know, one of them could be that special someone. I once read that most people spend most of their lives in a radius of just a few miles from their home (think about it, especially if you live in a city, you really do)... Maybe if you got out of your little zone you'd meet someone! :flowerforyou:
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I meet lots of women, but it's never the right person at the right time. I have certain standards like in school or college degree, into some type of fitness, open minded, that I haven't budged on.

As seen by some posts, some people see 4 years of voluntarily being single as me having a problem. If I go in relationship for a few months, then women will see me as desirable and won't be seen as stale meat anymore.

With how awesome I am, I usually get "4 years single? You must be a player."
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I meet lots of women, but it's never the right person at the right time. I have certain standards like in school or college degree, into some type of fitness, open minded, that I haven't budged on.

As seen by some posts, some people see 4 years of voluntarily being single as me having a problem. If I go in relationship for a few months, then women will see me as desirable and won't be seen as stale meat anymore.

You're putting far too much stock into what people think about you. If you haven't found the right one then you haven't found the right one. There's nothing wrong with being single for an extended period of time. You're young; go bang a few out til you find the one worth keeping.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I'm so tired of having to pay my own bills. And the lawn doesn't mow itself, you know.

winnerwinnerchickendinner :laugh:
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options
    Don't ever lower your standards or settle. I don't care how long you're single. I was single about 3.5 years and I was fully prepared to wait it out. Having a partner is a time consuming commitment. I encourage anyone to NOT settle otherwise you'll want out later.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    single for 8 years crew. not a single GF was had in that time. be right back, no sex life.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    single for 8 years crew. not a single GF was had in that time. be right back, no sex life.

Celibate for 8 years? With THAT physique!?
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I had a wife too. I would like to quit doing laundry and cooking. But I still want to date men.:ohwell: .
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    Ummmm NEVER...be happy with who you are and what you have, and don't be desperate ever to be in a "relationship" just to say you have someone...I've been "SINGLE" for oh, 10 years now (doesn't mean I don't go on a lot of dates) I just know what I want, and more importantly what I DONT WANT....why would you compromise, I highly doubt that brings long term happiness!! Just my opinion :)
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options

:smokin:
  • fishnbrah
    Options

you have to have game. women dont care what you look like. they just want to be told what they want to hear.
  • moya_rargh
    Options

you have to have game. women dont care what you look like. they just want to be told what they want to hear.

Even a body like yours isn't enough to get interest!? My God, how picky do women want to be? I might as well put a gun in my mouth now, I've got NO chance then. :frown:
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused, I thought all we cared about was money? It is SO hard to keep up.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have been single for over 3 years, and will probably be single for MANY more. There is no time that is a good time to settle. Better to be single and lonely than in a relationship, or worse married, and lonely and miserable. Been there, it ain't fun. I typically am only attracted to chicks that are prolly out of my league anyway. So I will stay single until one of them is ready to "settle" lol.

Oh, and edit to add:

3DmCoAh.jpg
  • fishnbrah
    Options

Even a body like yours isn't enough to get interest!? My God, how picky do women want to be? I might as well put a gun in my mouth now, I've got NO chance then. :frown:

the body doesnt mean anything bro. honestly i just as much attention if not more when i wear looser fitting clothes or am bulking and not even cut. they usually think im a player or something. although on beach vacations it comes in handy, thats the only time.
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    I'm so confused, I thought all we cared about was money? It is SO hard to keep up.

Isn't it just!?
  • fishnbrah
    Options

thats all part of being told what you want to hear.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over 4 years. I consider myself successful, in shape, attractive, etc.

"I just haven't found the right one."

At what age or point do I settle for less just so I can 'be in a relationship'? It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

I got married for the first time at 36 years old (he was 27...my son was 14)..I turned down a marriage proposal before that too. I was single most of my sons life...

at no point is it okay to "settle" for less so you can be in a "relationship"...

Hire a maid, hire a cook and well hire a date...:smile:
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that 4 years is a long time to be single?? :angry: