What is "too skinny" for you?

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I watched Twilight Breaking Dawn..... I'm not a Twilight person never read the books.
    Anyways at the end when she is like giving birth and "dies" that is like horrible skinny... my stomach was turning.
    That is what I would label as way to horribly skinny.... like I'm scarred that you might eat me skinny.
  • UndoneTwo
    Options
    I wouldn't base it on looks.

I'd say that I'm too thin when my doctor suggests that I put on weight. Or when I'm too tired to concentrate, exercise or carry out normal daily activities.

Yes!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Guys , I think you got me wrong. I am not judging naturally skinny OR anorexic people. The question was simply"what looks unhealthy" .I get called too skinny , that is why.

My family is horrible about this, they tell me I'm to skinny. But as soon as I gain weight their grabbing my fat and telling me I better watch my weight. Ugg, there's no in between with them. Try not to let people get to you. :flowerforyou:
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I watched Twilight Breaking Dawn..... I'm not a Twilight person never read the books.
    Anyways at the end when she is like giving birth and "dies" that is like horrible skinny... my stomach was turning.
    That is what I would label as way to horribly skinny.... like I'm scarred that you might eat me skinny.

Haha, totally agree with you there. She looked horrible at the end of that movie. Thank God she's not that skinny in real life.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    OP, if people are calling you skinny, why not post pictures? Who are these people saying you're skinny, anyway?
  • Kilo321
    Kilo321 Posts: 44
    Options
    Shape and curves is far more attractive than just thin. Not sure why the quote " body of a twelve year old boy" was ever a good thing. Angelina Jolie was hot in her Tomb Raider days. I think she is too thin now. Just my opinion... CURVES!
  • esmeylull
    Options
    I know these are forums and we like to "discuss" different topics, but I can't see how it's an appropriate discussion to bodyshame people, to the point of posting pictures to say, "Sorry. Not attractive."

Oh, but don't you know? It's totally cool to bash on skinny people! They don't have feelings! There's no room for them in their yucky bony bodies. It's science. Real women have curves, bones are for dogs, men should look like He-Man, etc. etc.

People don't even bat an eye at telling someone to eat a sandwich, but those same people would never in their life tell an overweight person to put one down. It's the same damn thing.

Yeah, this.

Also wondering what OPs motivation is for posting this, since she's already been called out in other threads for posting controversial junk. That, along with a blank profile makes me think there be troll here....

I feel like people like you just enjoy arguing.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Shape and curves is far more attractive than just thin. Not sure why the quote " body of a twelve year old boy" was ever a good thing. Angelina Jolie was hot in her Tomb Raider days. I think she is too thin now. Just my opinion... CURVES!
    Fat and rolls ARE NOT CURVES!!! If I weighed 90 pounds, I would still have curves. It's my body type.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Guys , I think you got me wrong. I am not judging naturally skinny OR anorexic people. The question was simply"what looks unhealthy" .I get called too skinny , that is why.

My family is horrible about this, they tell me I'm to skinny. But as soon as I gain weight their grabbing my fat and telling me I better watch my weight. Ugg, there's no in between with them. Try not to let people get to you. :flowerforyou:

Some people are so unhappy with themselves that they like to point out someone else's flaws...well, the things that are in THEIR opinion flaws. I've been there and while it sucks, try not to let them get to you. We are all made differently and react to food and exercise differently. You will never satisy that person that is making comments. Just worry about satisfying yourself.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options

It really does not matter, what or how you ask. Some People here turn everything into something negative.
  • Kilo321
    Kilo321 Posts: 44
    Options
    If your 90lbs and have curves, attractive. If your 150lbs and curves, not fat, it's attractive. Never said anything about weight.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Too skinny would be under 150lbs. For my built, going under that would be too much. I liked it when I weighed in the 165-170lbs range. I prefer a higher body fat percentage than the average person, and do not like too much muscular definition.

There will always be people that are negative no matter if you're "too skinny" or "too fat". Don't entertain them.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    What's your reason for asking?

I would say if they look unhealthy or if the thinness looks unnatural for their bone structure, or they have wasted muscles. So, it isn't a specific weight, BMI, or measurements.

As someone pointed out, people think Marilyn Monroe was far from skinny when actually she had a 22 inch waist and wore what is today a size 0.

Marilyn Monroe was not a size zero . She did have a tiny waist.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.asp
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Thin and well toned is fantastic, but the most beautiful woman I've ever seen is Marilyn Monroe and she was far from skinny.

She was actually far slimmer than what everyone seems to think....she also used to lift weights!
  • Slymm416
    Options
    I'd have to agree with those that emphasize muscle tone and not just fat loss. A tight toned body is the look I would go for. It's hard to be 'skinny' when one's muscles are nicely defined.

Also, for me, having a BF%-age of 15-17 would work great for me. It's all in how my clothes fit and how comfortable I am in my own skin
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Thin and well toned is fantastic, but the most beautiful woman I've ever seen is Marilyn Monroe and she was far from skinny.

I really wish this myth would die. Marilyn Monroe was skinny. She was 5' 5.5", and between 115 and 120. Her measurements were 35, 22, 35. In today's clothes, she would be a size 0 to a 4.

The picture everybody loves to post, the one of her on the beach and heavier, is when she was 140, her highest weight after suffering two miscarriages.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    this again. We all have differing opinions on what looks "too thin" or "too skinny". Every person has his or her own tastes. For myself, I hope to be a healthy weight for my frame, and I try not to judge others based on their looks. You never know what other people are going through in their lives, and personality weighs much more for me on my opinion of others than their physical appearance.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Really, the only time I would think someone is "too skinny" is if they emaciated or malnourished to the extent that they basically look like a thin veil of skin over a skeleton, think Karen Carpenter toward the end of her life. I think every body type between the extremes of grotesquely obese or deathly skinny can be beautiful in its own way.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

I really wish this myth would die. Marilyn Monroe was skinny. She was 5' 5.5", and between 115 and 120. Her measurements were 35, 22, 35. In today's clothes, she would be a size 0 to a 4.

The picture everybody loves to post, the one of her on the beach and heavier, is when she was 140, her highest weight after suffering two miscarriages.
    Indeed. In Norman Mailer's biography of Marilyn, he references the notion that she was not 'a mere slip of a girl' and that her body relatively later in her (too short) life may have shown some indications toward weight gain should she have gotten to middle age and beyond, but she was never heavy, even by (arguably) relatively slimmer standards of yesteryear.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Gollum is too skinny. :laugh:

gollum.jpg