I'm going to get crucified for this BUT

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Maybes if these people were a little more reasonable they wouldn't assume quite so much.

Shall I quote your OP?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Everyone "freaks" out differently about their weight. I know - I recently went on vacation for 10 days and threw abandon to the wind and came back 8 pounds heavier....whether water weight, bloating or just plain fat, it doesn't really matter, it was still a lot of weight in a short time. So it does happen.

And lets be honest....this girl doesn't need to be LECTURED on the "right" way or the "healthy" way to lose the weight... we all know how a person becomes over weight-yet here we are (most of us) overweight, so we chose to "ignore" what we knew to be the "right" and "healthy" way to eat...and gained weight. So we can't lecture some one for the same thing we did...ignoring healthy eating habits.

What we can do, is give her encouragement, not lecture her about MFP rules, not doubt whether she is telling the truth or not about the weight she gained, not tell her sarcastically to go buy another dress, not call her a troll and not tell her how wrong she is!!!

We are better than that! She needs compassionate guidance, not a bunch of judgmental people jumping down her throat.

Ok, so then nicely go about telling her that 6kg in two weeks is impossible and dangerous. Preferably in a PM because if it's a private message, it must be an excellent idea.
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm looking for an effective "crash" routine to shift 6kg in as close to two weeks as poss!

Like many people I binged over Xmas
    Putting on 6kg!!!!!!! :(
    While I'm at uni, I eat very well and go to the gym at least 4 times a week consistently. But going home for a month for Xmas, where there isn't a gym and I could only run on the roads (which I did) and my mum isn't inboard with the "clean" eating thing and while in under her roof it causes too many arguments, has done me over.

I've got an important event in two weeks and my dress I bought before Xmas doesn't fit right now!

As a disclaimer (for anybody who cares to know) I'm under no illusion that this will benefit me in the long term. I'm very happy with my regular healthy living routine, just interested if anyone can help me get over this speed bump and back to where I'd worked months to be!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Are you familiar with what a crucifixion entails?

Really? Because I'm sure you, by no means, are intending to diminish the brutality and very real history of something that was done to hundreds of people, maybe thousands, by comparing the unacceptance of your 'diet plan' to the act.
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The majority of the helpful replies I've received have been from guys, not quite all the "anorexic girls" your pinpointing.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    The majority of the helpful replies I've received have been from guys, not quite all the "anorexic girls" your pinpointing.

There would be no ulterior motive for that.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    No way you actually gained over 13 pounds in one month. You are saying you overate 46,270 calories in addition to your regular intake. You're tiny. Not buying it. I smell troll....

ETA: corrected kg to lbs calc...
    EXACTLY.
    Do the math.
    What's your idea of a "crash"?
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    If your sure, like you say you are, and I know you are, why post that comment? Would you also like a round of applause?
  • CurlyGlitterChicken
    Options
    Get back on the horse and see what happens.

If I've been misbehavin', I usually drop quite a bit of water weight in the first week that I'm back on track. I'm not sure if that's enough to get you back into the dress, but I'd recommend investing in some Spanx or getting another dress in addition. Nothing is more miserable that trying to diet yourself into a garment with a deadline hanging over you.

Good luck!
  • wheird
    Options

:laugh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    If your sure, like you say you are, and I know you are, why post that comment? Would you also like a round of applause?

Who is this to?

Use the quote button. It is here to help you.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Are you familiar with what a crucifixion entails?
    It's a figure of speech. Hyperbole.
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    My idea of "crash" is just something a little more focused than everyday plans. That's why I put it in "" I'm not in search of a tolerable starvation tactic. Just ways to help achieve a target in a more focused way
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

:laugh:

All you need to do is drink a little water, have an apple, and tell me your KIK handle.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    And there it is! Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • moliva4
    moliva4 Posts: 29
    Options
    I think some people may have actually are helping her when they were talking about the water weight... I know for a fact, even when I eat healthily to lose weight, I'll often lose about 6 lbs in the first week - close to 12lbs isn't necessarily ridiculous, unhealthy, etc. depending on what kind of weight is being lossed.

PS... Please don't look at my diary and judge me on it since I'm posting on this "crucifying" me for lack of calories - because though I use it as a guide and then will know at the end of the day I have a certain amount of "free" calories to snack... or drink...
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    It wasn't to you, I'm not going to aid people jumping in on other peoples arguments trying to cause a scene.
  • charskii
    Options
    I'd try drinking loads of water to flush out your system as well as any bloating and just eat fruits and veggies, avoid salt and refined carbs. All the best, I do hope you get into your dress and don't forget about magic knickers xxxx
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    It wasn't to you, I'm not going to aid people jumping in on other peoples arguments trying to cause a scene.

:huh: