White Wheat Bread ?

I'm not a big fan of whole grain / wheat. But I like white, white wheat, potato and oatmeal.

What's your opinion on white wheat ?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    I use it often.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I love all bread. Oatmeal bread is my favorite, I'm making some right now. :heart:
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    You shouldn't be eating wheat in general. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that as of now though. Lol.
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    I love Texas toast white bread (for my french toast), but if I could have only one bread for the rest of my life, that would be potato bread.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    You shouldn't be eating wheat in general. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that as of now though. Lol.

Why not? Assuming a person doesn't have a gluten allergy?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Eat what you like. I eat and bake all kinds of bread.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    I used to buy it for my kids before I got them to agree to upgrade to at least honey wheat. It does have a little more fiber in it than regular white bread at least, but there are no other advantages. I got freaked out about the preservatives when I realized that the brand I used to buy never molded.
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    I got freaked out about the preservatives when I realized that the brand I used to buy never molded.
    WTF! Now you are going to have me watch my bread....
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Eat what you like. Bread and wheat is just the latest victim of the internet fear-mongering hype machine. It's perfectly fine for the general population who do not have a sensitivity to it. Your white bread may not have as much fiber as the whole grain variety but hopefully you're eating enough vegetables that it should matter. Same goes for white rice, white pasta, etc.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    I am not biased towards any bread, unless it's made with cauliflower.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

:sick:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    I got freaked out about the preservatives when I realized that the brand I used to buy never molded.
    WTF! Now you are going to have me watch my bread....
    Ha! I do buy white Kaiser rolls from the bakery sometimes, and they only last a very few day before turning moldy. And the whole wheat bread I eat regularly only lasts a week and a half at the most. Keep an eye on yours ;P Wish I had the time to make my own all the time.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I used to buy it for my kids before I got them to agree to upgrade to at least honey wheat. It does have a little more fiber in it than regular white bread at least, but there are no other advantages. I got freaked out about the preservatives when I realized that the brand I used to buy never molded.

Why would you want your food to spoil?
  • benefiting

One reason is that it contains gliadin and if you aren't familiar with what that is I suggest you look into it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

this…lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

One reason is that it contains gliadin and if you aren't familiar with what that is I suggest you look into it.

oooo another boogeyman ….giladin…

if this is so bad for us how is that everyone that eats wheat is doing just fine?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member

this…lol

IS NO FOOD SACRED ANYMORE!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

I know what it is. But again, if a person has no gluten sensitivity and doesn't have coeliac disease then why should they be concerned about it?
  • benefiting

oooo another boogeyman ….giladin…

if this is so bad for us how is that everyone that eats wheat is doing just fine?

Yeah, totally... that's why lots of people are overweight. Wheat is in almost everything processed today.
  • benefiting

I know what it is. But again, if a person has no gluten sensitivity and doesn't have coeliac disease then why should they be concerned about it?

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/01/the-gliadin-effect/