White Wheat Bread ?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating wheat in general. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that as of now though. Lol.

Why not? Assuming a person doesn't have a gluten allergy?

One reason is that it contains gliadin and if you aren't familiar with what that is I suggest you look into it.

I know what it is. But again, if a person has no gluten sensitivity and doesn't have coeliac disease then why should they be concerned about it?

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/01/the-gliadin-effect/
    Oh, there's the problem. Wheat Belly. That book is basically fiction, as it completely ignores science, relying on confirmation bias to scare people into buying books.

Okay then, I didn't originally get my information from that particular place but it has some of the same stuff. Each to their own. :)

Where did you get it from originally? Wheat is consumed globally and many countries have no obesity problem.

I think it was from "The Skinny On Obesity" which is a documentary.

I am familiar with it.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating wheat in general. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that as of now though. Lol.

One reason is that it contains gliadin and if you aren't familiar with what that is I suggest you look into it.

oooo another boogeyman ….giladin…

if this is so bad for us how is that everyone that eats wheat is doing just fine?

Yeah, totally... that's why lots of people are overweight. Wheat is in almost everything processed today.

Yeah, I am sure that it has nothing to do with overeating. Must be wheat.

Corn is in everything too. And sugar.

I never said overeating wasn't apart of it. Actually Giladin sends your brain addicting signals which cause you to overeat.

Can you explain why I am able to lose weight and meet my calorie goals despite eating wheat?

Do I look like an expert to you? Lol. I never claimed to be. I'm just going off the information I know. I'm not here to argue my beliefs with anyone. I was just stating my opinion.

It's sad when your beliefs/opinions are based on nonsense.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Civilization was built on bread and beer.

Eat it all you like assuming you don't have a wheat allergy or Celiac disease. It will not make you fat.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options

if this is so bad for us how is that everyone that eats wheat is doing just fine?

Yeah, totally... that's why lots of people are overweight. Wheat is in almost everything processed today.

I never said overeating wasn't apart of it. Actually Giladin sends your brain addicting signals which cause you to overeat.

Can you explain why I am able to lose weight and meet my calorie goals despite eating wheat?

Do I look like an expert to you? Lol. I never claimed to be. I'm just going off the information I know. I'm not here to argue my beliefs with anyone. I was just stating my opinion.

It's sad when your beliefs/opinions are based on nonsense.

Oh love, it's sad you feel that way. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

LOL you made the claim that giladin was bad and is leading to the obesity epidemic..you get challenged on it and then come up with it was just an "opinion" …yea, credibility failure of epic proportions...
  • benefiting
    Options

LOL you made the claim that giladin was bad and is leading to the obesity epidemic..you get challenged on it and then come up with it was just an "opinion" …yea, credibility failure of epic proportions...

Yeah, I admit that was bad on my part. I don't usually think before I type **** on the boards and at times it results in riot against what I say. Obviously it's an opinion though, I can't sit here and say it's a fact. I'm no scientist and I don't know everything about the human body. I was just status something I BELIEVE IN. It doesn't mean you have to.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options

LOL @ addicting signals in the brain. Do you mean the gliadin in wheat releases the neurotransmitter dopamine? that's what causes pleasure in the brain, what makes you addicted. Guess what? so do LOTS of food, mainly proteins but bananas are a high source for dopamine release as well. Chocolate, OMG CHOCOLATE!!! And cheese, mmmmmmm, I love cheese...it's got that protein in it that sends addicting signals to my brain. :-)

Don't worry your pretty little brain about such things :happy:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Suckaz

1549472_274099276076627_1704463270_n.jpg
  • benefiting
    Options

Eat it all you like assuming you don't have a wheat allergy or Celiac disease. It will not make you fat.

There is a difference between bread and beer in the older times and what they are today. -_-
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I know what it is. But again, if a person has no gluten sensitivity and doesn't have coeliac disease then why should they be concerned about it?

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/01/the-gliadin-effect/

Am I the only one who has wondered why Dr. Davis is overweight himself but promotes this diet, in big part as a way to lose weight :huh: His 2013 interviews show that he's actually quite a large man. Maybe I'm missing something? (sincere question)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I respect your opinion but your opinion is based on BS misinformation presented to you by highly biased sources.

Read original science and read people who aren't selling books and movies. You will come to as totally different conclusion.
  • benefiting
    Options

LOL @ addicting signals in the brain. Do you mean the gliadin in wheat releases the neurotransmitter dopamine? that's what causes pleasure in the brain, what makes you addicted. Guess what? so do LOTS of food, mainly proteins but bananas are a high source for dopamine release as well. Chocolate, OMG CHOCOLATE!!! And cheese, mmmmmmm, I love cheese...it's got that protein in it that sends addicting signals to my brain. :-)

Don't worry your pretty little brain about such things :happy:

Well, I'm glad to amuse you considering I have difficulty trying to communicate my thoughts into words. -_-
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

People are overweight because food is readily available and we eat too much of it while not moving enough.
  • girlonfire2913
    Options

[/quot

i agree!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Wheat has been in pretty much everything since the dawn of civilization. Wheat isn't the reason people are fat, processed or not.
  • benefiting
    Options

People are overweight because food is readily available and we eat too much of it while not moving enough.

I think it's a bit more than just having the food there and not moving enough. Food can be an addiction and what do we crave when we're down, stressed or tired? Processed food aka wheat based + sugary processed crap (that's delicious)! Wheat isn't the same as it use to be, it is full of crap now.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

There is a difference between bread and beer in the older times and what they are today. -_-

What's the difference between the bread I make, from scratch, every week and what my ancestors made exactly? Other than that I use a food processor with a dough paddle.

I do want to add that I make my own bread cause tasty, not cause I'm a crazy anti processed bread hippy. And it's always white bread. Though I want to try cinnamon raisin next week. I hear it makes awesome bread pudding.

Can this thread now be about bread recipes/recipes that use bread?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Orly?
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

What's the difference between the bread I make, from scratch, every week and what my ancestors made exactly? Other than that I use a food processor with a dough paddle.

Your modern wheat is the offspring of several generations of ancient wheat which makes it not-wheat, and then you put it in a food processor which makes it processed food, and process food is bad because SCIENCE!

thanks-obama-28.gif