White Wheat Bread ?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    You shouldn't be eating wheat in general. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that as of now though. Lol.

Why not? Assuming a person doesn't have a gluten allergy?

One reason is that it contains gliadin and if you aren't familiar with what that is I suggest you look into it.
    Gliadin? It's a protein. One half of gluten. It's usually the protein associated with an allergic reaction to wheat. If you aren't allergic to wheat, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and thousands of years of consumption bears that out quite nicely.

Why, what do you think gliadin is?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    You shouldn't be eating wheat in general. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that as of now though. Lol.

One reason is that it contains gliadin and if you aren't familiar with what that is I suggest you look into it.

oooo another boogeyman ….giladin…

if this is so bad for us how is that everyone that eats wheat is doing just fine?

Yeah, totally... that's why lots of people are overweight. Wheat is in almost everything processed today.
    ummm yea…people are overweight because they eat too many calories, not because of some random ingredient in wheat…

I eat about 30% of my intake from carbs and have had no issues with losing, and keeping weight off …I also maintain about 12% body fat...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member

if this is so bad for us how is that everyone that eats wheat is doing just fine?

Yeah, totally... that's why lots of people are overweight. Wheat is in almost everything processed today.

Yeah, I am sure that it has nothing to do with overeating. Must be wheat.

Corn is in everything too. And sugar.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

Gliadin? It's a protein. One half of gluten. It's usually the protein associated with an allergic reaction to wheat. If you aren't allergic to wheat, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and thousands of years of consumption bears that out quite nicely.

Why, what do you think gliadin is?

and along came a Tiger….
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

When given the choice, the Roman legions voted to have bread instead of gruel to fuel the army.
    They're all dead now so, maybe it was the gliadin!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

LOL. No it isn't. the reason people are overweight is because they overeat/eat at a calorie surplus.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member

I know what it is. But again, if a person has no gluten sensitivity and doesn't have coeliac disease then why should they be concerned about it?

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/01/the-gliadin-effect/
    Oh, there's the problem. Wheat Belly. That book is basically fiction, as it completely ignores science, relying on confirmation bias to scare people into buying books.
  • wheird

I know what it is. But again, if a person has no gluten sensitivity and doesn't have coeliac disease then why should they be concerned about it?

Lol.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member

I never said overeating wasn't apart of it. Actually Giladin sends your brain addicting signals which cause you to overeat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Oh, there's the problem. Wheat Belly. That book is basically fiction, as it completely ignores science, relying on confirmation bias to scare people into buying books.

Yep
  • PikaKnight

^QFT
  • wheird

I never said overeating wasn't apart of it. Actually Giladin sends your brain addicting signals which cause you to overeat.

Can you explain why I am able to lose weight and meet my calorie goals despite eating wheat?
  • benefiting

Okay then, I didn't originally get my information from that particular place but it has some of the same stuff. Each to their own. :)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

Okay then, I didn't originally get my information from that particular place but it has some of the same stuff. Each to their own. :)
    No. You're not entitled to your own facts.
  • wheird

Where did you get it from originally? Wheat is consumed globally and many countries have no obesity problem.
  • benefiting

Can you explain why I am able to lose weight and meet my calorie goals despite eating wheat?

Do I look like an expert to you? Lol. I never claimed to be. I'm just going off the information I know. I'm not here to argue my beliefs with anyone. I was just stating my opinion.
  • wheird

Do I look like an expert to you? Lol. I never claimed to be. I'm just going off the information I know. I'm not here to argue my beliefs with anyone. I was just stating my opinion.

Ok.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member

Unless there is an allergy, there is no sane reason to avoid wheat.
  • PikaKnight

:indifferent:
  • benefiting

Where did you get it from originally? Wheat is consumed globally and many countries have no obesity problem.

I think it was from "The Skinny On Obesity" which is a documentary.