• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    In because that sh!ts funny.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    x lbs = x lbs whether it's a basket of laundry or iron
    a squat is a squat whether it's in the gym or the laundry room (as long as your form is correct jebusgod)
    exercise = exercise. muscles don't know the diff.
    ...so i dunno why anyone would shame/hate on this. i really don't. :huh:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    AMATEURS!

offgridlaundry.jpg

washingclothes.jpg
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I will do this workout only if it is in public at a laundromat. I want to see how long it takes before someone asks wtf is wrong with me. :laugh:

I think they will start by wondering WTH is wrong with you, but by the squat sprints, they will just shrug it off as you being a crack head.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about the video you posted is that Mehdi is demonstrating similar depth in his squats as the woman you are criticizing. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, parallel (or just a smidge below it) is what you're aiming for with low bar squats.

not even close. the woman in the picture is going like 15 degrees above parallel and Mehdi is well below parallel in his video
    Lol. Are you taking into account that the picture was taken at an angle? Because she is at parallel.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about the video you posted is that Mehdi is demonstrating similar depth in his squats as the woman you are criticizing. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, parallel (or just a smidge below it) is what you're aiming for with low bar squats.

not even close. the woman in the picture is going like 15 degrees above parallel and Mehdi is well below parallel in his video
    Lol. Are you taking into account that the picture was taken at an angle? Because she is at parallel.

Yes, I did take that into account.

If you squat above parallel--you will not create a muscle imbalance. Below parallel--you engage big muscle group (glutes) and decrease stress on the knee. Form takes into account many things. Are you doing a barbell squat or a "chair pose" for yoga? One is below parallel, the other above. Both are correct for that particular exercise. Neither will create an imbalance.

So to say someone has bad form simply because they are not going below parallel is not necessarily correct. To mock a woman who has the tenacity to find opportunities to squat wherever she can with whatever tools she's got at her disposal? Pft.

I agree with the PP--do what you can, where you can, with what you've got!!