Moms -- Can You Help Me Out?(lady question)

Options
thelowcarblady
thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
So, I am posting this mostly cause I'm just curious...

I am like 7 days late right now -- I'm fairly regular (usually between 28-32 days) but sometimes things will throw my cycle off, so I'm not sure if that's what's happening now or not -- I haven't taken a test yet, I was planning on doing it in the morning.

ANYWAYS -- what I'm curious about is what the first 'feelings' or 'sensations' you felt when you were like brand new preggers? Like did you feel your abdomen feel different? Or like what other things led you to realize you were pregnant?

I've been having some sorta pressure around my uterus area, but I can't really tell if it's really my digestive track. My nip's have been kinda sore for the better part of a week, maybe a bit longer; however that sometimes happens before AF. But that's it. No other noticeable symptoms other than those and my late period (currently cycle day 37). Also for those of you who track your cervix - it says you are supposed to have a fairly soft one that's high up when pregnant, and mine changes a lot but has been mostly softish and med/high all week. It's usually the typical hard/low right before AF.

Did you feel anything at all or were y'all the walking textbook preggers lady by the 4-6 week period -- at least that's what I'm assuming I'd be around this point if I am even preggers.

Help a sista out! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Well, of course your best bet is the test, because every one of us is different when it comes to their pregnancy.

I'm had 2 children & 3 miscarriages, and the one common thing about all 5 pregnancies? I didn't feel a thing! No swollen or tender breasts, no pressure below, no morning sickness, no heartburn, no sensitivities to smells or tastes.

Then you have my cousin who from the first week said that she couldn't keep anything down, the smell of food caused her to gag, her breasts felt like someone was poking at them with a spear...well, you get the picture.

I will admit that the pressure around your uterus & sensitive nipples do lean in that direction, though they could be something else. But as you have both of them at the same time, it could be a sign of pregnancy.

But as I said, that test is your best friend!!!
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    Definitely get the test, it's the only way to know for sure.

I didn't feel anything until about the one month mark, apart from the gradual need to pee more.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just take a pregnancy test. I didn't feel anything until 8 weeks.

As you are 7 days late, you're well within the time frame to take a pregnancy test and have it be accurate.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Woman's intuition is a very real thing. With the last of mine, I just knew. It's not really something that can be explained. I never got sick until after I had positive pregnancy tests. However, with my very first, I was working as a hospice aide. I always had a very strong stomach, but I noticed that I was bathing a patient one time, and I actually gagged. That clued me in that something was up. We women are so different. We go through the same things, but our bodies react in so many different ways. Best of luck, OP!
  • SACasto
    SACasto Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had the sore nips, that is about it! I hope it is positive, if that is what you want, ha!
  • avemaryama
    avemaryama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to have to second sister-girl. I didn't feel anything, didn't even show tli the seventh month and If I hadn't gotten the test I'd probably be one of those crazy people who have babies in toilets.

My husband is the one who caught on that we hadn't been erm...interrupted in a month and a half.

i think the test would be most prudent, you may be feeling shadow signs that you think you SHOULD be feeling if you were newly preggers. I wish you all the best in health and if you are with child God bless you and may it be easy and fun.
  • explorationerin
    Options
    personally the feeling i got when pregnant where the same as what i get on a normal monthly basis anyway... in fact finding out about my son was a bit of a surprise... i was 3 weeks late, felt a bit crampy thinking it was gonna arrive any day... took a test on the off chance and boom there he was!!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    With my first I took a test and that told me. My second, I was throwing up at about 6 weeks (2 weeks after I took the test). My third, I was nauseous right away and all day. Take the test.
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    i think the test would be most prudent, you may be feeling shadow signs that you think you SHOULD be feeling if you were newly preggers. I wish you all the best in health and if you are with child God bless you and may it be easy and fun.

Yeah -- the possibility that they are 'shadow' signs is the whole reason I waited to test until now -- with my luck, that's probably what they are! lol

But, if I am -- I would be ecstatic! If not -- then that's fine. We're not trying but also not preventing, so I kinda hate the wondering. However, if I really got into it -- I would end up being one of those obsessive types that would be stressing out so bad to get preggers that it would like never happen. So i figure just let nature do it's thing, and see how it goes! lol

Thanks for the replies ladies! I love the feedback. I still welcome any new personal experiences with this -- I like reading about them :bigsmile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different sensations. I had pinprick cramps and was STARVING all the time. But that happens when I'm PMSing, too. lol

Honestly, I just knew. I knew the morning after I had sex that I was pregnant without a single physical symptom.
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    GET A TEST ASAP!!!
    That would literally make me go crazy not knowing!!!
    And yes, I have two small children and you would be surprised at how well you know your own body. With my first I was only like 5 days late on my period, but I just felt weird. It's hard to explain but everything you are saying really leans towards being pregnant...
    If you are CONGRATS!!!! If not, it will happen when it's meant to happen :love:
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I always find out early because my body has very specific symptoms. The frist two pregnancies I actually had cramps mid cycle, which according to my Dr. was the egg implanting in my uterus. This time none of that. My breasts get sore and stay that way, that's my #1 tip off. Otherwise I can get ill a little early on, just randomly. I don't think I've every had to wait until a late period to take a positive pregnancy test.

The main thing to know is that it's different for everyone and I'm extremely curious now what that test is going to show you!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I knew almost from conception. I get so ridiculously sick, my ovarian cysts grow like crazy, tons of pain and complications start right away.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have been pregnant 3 times... 2 miscarriages and 1 Son. Each and every time, the first thing that I felt was tenderness in my breasts. My lower back--maybe even could be considered hip area--was tender--like things were shifting around or something. I didn't have morning sickness one time with any of them.
    I suggest taking the test to make sure... our bodies are amazing and funny at the same time. We can think about something or want something so bad that sometimes, we can trick our bodies into showing symptoms. Good luck either way!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel any different...go to the Dollar store and buy in Bulk!
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    I was thinking about testing in the morning since they say that's the best time to, but heck -- after hearing these I guess I'll just hold it for a while until I get home hah!

That should work, right?! lol
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I had my kids young, and I was always very regular. So, from one day late up to two weeks, I had the nastiest case of the 'runs'. The first time, it just seemed like one of those things, took the test and bam, pregnant. The second time, from day late, I started with those 'runs' again, and knew before I took the test.

My daughter in law felt nothing until now, and she's due in May. Just felt the baby move two weeks ago, before that, no sickness, sore breasts, urge to pee....nothing.

Every woman sure is different!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had tender breasts and I remember that my hair dye didnt take to my hair!
  • tammieo1
    Options
    well. I just knew. however, nips were tender even for a t-shirt or bra, fainting, just feeling the norm. spotted in the very beginning not the usual color. then the morning sickness hit, every day 24/7 for the first trimester. talk about a diet plan.

get tested soon, you need prenatal vitamins. the pressure thing doesn't sound normal for a beginning pregger as you called it lol

good luck and I hope this is a good thing for you. both of mine were, enjoy the entire experience, they grow up fast!
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    I had tender breasts and I remember that my hair dye didnt take to my hair!

The hair dye thing -- I've heard of that happening to other women. Our bodies are so weird sometimes!! lol