Moms -- Can You Help Me Out?(lady question)

Options

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Definitely test.
    I'm a mom of two... my first tell-tale signs were tender breasts. Some may argue that it's impossible, but I KNEW that I was prego (with both pregnancies) before taking a test. There was no immediate noticeable change with my body, I just knew.
    Then came the nausea... thankfully it wasn't full blown vomiting, but it was still irritating. (saltines helped immensely).

However, on the other hand as you said, some things just throw off your cycle. Mine was like clock-work--every 28 days. When I was stressed out (a lot) about something, mine would always be late. (3-7 days). But you could also skip a month due to stress etc.

Take a test asap. You could be prolonging your already late period if you're stressing about the results.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my son I was a mad crazy lunatic! I was in St. Croix with my husband, brother, and daughter and it was over my bday. My husband left my card in the bottom of a cooler and it got drenched and I went postal on him! LOL! So I tested and I was indeed pregnant, not just a crazy lunatic. LOL! My brother was the first to know after my husband and daughter and he was like "What is this thing? Did you pee on this?" He has no idea what a pregnancy test was! LOL!

SO GO TEST! I AM ROOTING FOR YOU!:flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My first sign and only one is being married to the porcelain throne for 9 months. I immediately lose weight and the desire to eat. Everything makes me nauseous including water and my own saliva. However, I had hyperemesis, so this is not typical. Congrats and good luck.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My first sign and only one is being married to the porcelain throne for 9 months. I immediately lose weight and the desire to eat. Everything makes me nauseous including water and my own saliva. However, I had hyperemesis, so this is not typical. Congrats and good luck.

My best friend had hyperemesis as well. I felt so bad for the poor girl. She ended having to quit her job, because her boss wasn't to nice about the whole situation.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Dollar tree tests are good. I'm going to "warn" you though...I tested with dollar tree and I was a week late. It came back negative. I decided to look again after 10 mins just for giggles and there was a very slight line. I went to the doc and the same thing happened there. I took a blood test and then 2 days later I "miscarried" and a month later found out I was preggers and I conceived a week before I took the test. Listen to your body...
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    haha ok if I can sneak out during lunch to buy a test I will, but it not I'll try to test at home this afternoon after work and let you ladies know! I'll drink lots of water today! haha

Don't drink lots of water!!!!!!!!! That'll dilute your urine, you should not drink a couple hours before
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    haha ok if I can sneak out during lunch to buy a test I will, but it not I'll try to test at home this afternoon after work and let you ladies know! I'll drink lots of water today! haha

Don't drink lots of water!!!!!!!!! That'll dilute your urine, you should not drink a couple hours before

ok so I'll drink lots of water up until a couple hours before I go home then :blushing: lol
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in just to see the results--you've built up a lot of anticipation here! I've never been pregnant, so I have nothing to offer, but my husband and I started trying a couple of months ago so I am with you, wondering if every possible symptom presages pregnancy or my period. I am trying not to obsess about it and just let things happen in a relaxed way. Sometimes that's easier said than done, though. Good luck!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I had a sudden attack of being a raging *****, which is not my normal personality, then my boobs got sore. But REALLY, tests are great these days, don't wait and wonder..
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good luck!:happy:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    first 5 weeks is all I can tell you...sore breasts, MAJOR crazy acne on my chin that normally is not an issue at all for me, and super strong fingernails suddenly.
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in just to see the results--you've built up a lot of anticipation here! I've never been pregnant, so I have nothing to offer, but my husband and I started trying a couple of months ago so I am with you, wondering if every possible symptom presages pregnancy or my period. I am trying not to obsess about it and just let things happen in a relaxed way. Sometimes that's easier said than done, though. Good luck!

geez i hope I don't disappoint! lol

And my significant other and I have been Not Trying/Not Preventing for a few months so far, and nothing yet. My sister got pregnant like in 1 try so I was a little upset I wasn't the same way lol...but everybody is different, even sisters.

I totally get where you're coming from though on the "not let it get to your head" thing, cause I easily obsess over stuff like this too! haha

But good luck!

I let y'all know what I find out!! 5pm won't get here soon enough, I'm sure! lol
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Fire breathing heartburn and boobs so sore I couldn't touch them.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be pregnant? You can certainly think yourself into all the symptoms and even the late period when your really anxious to get pregnant.....take the test, anything besides a positive test means nothing.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just take a pregnancy test. I didn't feel anything until 8 weeks.

As you are 7 days late, you're well within the time frame to take a pregnancy test and have it be accurate.

This was my experience. The only thing I felt with baby number 1 at 8 weeks was TIRED and cravings were through the roof.But I didn't realize I was pregnant til I did the test.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I did notice that the veins on my upper chest, near my collar bones, were VERY prominent and typically they aren't. Get that test, I gotta know now lol! Best of luck!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    I didnt feel anything with any of mine, but I did have a couple of those ghost pregnancies where I wanted to be pregnant so ba my body started having symptoms like a late period, itchy nipples, ect. best way to tell is just take a test
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

geez i hope I don't disappoint! lol

And my significant other and I have been Not Trying/Not Preventing for a few months so far, and nothing yet. My sister got pregnant like in 1 try so I was a little upset I wasn't the same way lol...but everybody is different, even sisters.

I totally get where you're coming from though on the "not let it get to your head" thing, cause I easily obsess over stuff like this too! haha

But good luck!

I let y'all know what I find out!! 5pm won't get here soon enough, I'm sure! lol

Yeah, my sister has been able to "schedule" getting pregnant 3 times. Each time on the first try. Took us 8 months the first time (actively trying) and 6 the 2nd time.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had sore breasts that didn't go away like they usually did before my period. I had to pee a lot. @ 6 weeks I started feeling nauseous. My heart seemed to be beating harder all the time. I just felt "weird."
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You can buy a pregnancy test at the dollar store. Just spend the dollar and find out.

But for me, I knew I was pregnant right away, or at least I had a sneaking suspicion. I was a few days late, then I "started" my period, which only lasted 2 days at most. By the end of the week, I knew for sure I was so I spent the buck to find out. It was positive. I got another one from another dollar store and again it was positive.