Moms -- Can You Help Me Out?(lady question)

Options

Replies

• tammieo1
    Options
    honey a few hours will not change. you are preg or you aren't! there is no such thing as a little pregnant.
    but you must let us know so we can cheer with you!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel any different...go to the Dollar store and buy in Bulk!

I can also vouch that the tests from the Dollar Tree are very accurate.

Also, my son is no less awesome because I found out he was on the way with a $1 test.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about testing in the morning since they say that's the best time to, but heck -- after hearing these I guess I'll just hold it for a while until I get home hah!

That should work, right?! lol

Seven days late, if you are pregnant, it's going to show up on a test regardless of what time you pee on it.
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options

get tested soon, you need prenatal vitamins. the pressure thing doesn't sound normal for a beginning pregger as you called it lol

I just got some prenatal's last night as I should be taking them anyways if we're not trying to at least prevent pregnancy, so I do have those now.

And the pressure thing happens sometimes when my pants are tight in that area and its usually cause I have to potty soon lol...so honestly I think that's what's really causing that. Its just when you are, like, wondering -- it could be anything! lol

I shall test this afternoon if at all possible -- I wanna know now! hah
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I felt unsually great for the first few weeks, "Raging Hormones" but in a good way.....
    At 5 Weeks I couldnt smoke anymore thank the lord, the smell made me gag, the same with food, I was very lathargic and always had indegestion....zantac was my friend, I just had to eat clean to keep myself from puking....
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    honey a few hours will not change. you are preg or you aren't! there is no such thing as a little pregnant.
    but you must let us know so we can cheer with you!

I will for sure!! :smile:
  • Ladyluna39
    Options
    If you have recently dropped a lot of body fat it will mess with your hormones. I can tell when my body fat drops under about 20 because my cycles go from 28 days to 36 days. The first time I had that happen I freaked- I already have five kids, my career was on track, and I was fit. When it happened again, I saw the doctor and after several months of following up, finally figured it out.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I was tired, I thought...I had the flu.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    First things I noticed were that the veins in my breasts were much more visible and my hip joints felt looser, almost wobbly. This was VERY early in pregnancy.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It was actually my husband who suspected both times that I was pregnant.

My biggest "flag" was that I didn't have my usual crazy hormonal/emotional swing the week before my period was due, I was rather mellow actually.
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am one that knew almost from conception. Just that, "oh boy, we just got me pregnant" feeling. I also always start throwing up a week before my period is late and I don't stop throwing up until I have the baby. So for me it is very obvious.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Honestly, I just knew. I knew the morning after I had sex that I was pregnant without a single physical symptom.

^^^^ Sore boobs too. REALLY sore. Then of course insued 9 solid months of puking. /story.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The only "symptom" I had from the get go was I would gag at the sight of any water, I hated taking a shower during my first and second trimester... Don't know what the deal was but water made me gag and dish water made me throw up. Of course my hubby worked crazy hours and we didn't have a dish washer. So I was still stuck doing them about 90% of the time. It eventually went away by the end of the second trimester.However, I didn't link it to pregnancy. I have had problems with acid re-flux in the past and just thought it was that. I didn't know until I was late and took a test.

That and I was extremely tired, but I have always loved my sleep. SO I just thought I was going through a lazy phase or something.

All the other stuff, breast tenderness, tummy tenderness, crampy pin-prick feeling etc didn't come until latter for me.

But every one is different. My best friend's face broke out so bad from Acne when she conceived and she had never had issues with acne. My mom has had 7 pregnancies and every single one was different in it's own way... I hated the one were she craved Brussels sprouts from the day she conceived until even after the pregnancy!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My cousin and I got pregnant around the same time. She said she knew from the beginning and tested a bunch of times before getting a positive.
    I had no idea and we were trying. I had a fight with my husband and ended up bawling and crying, he thought I was nuts. The same night, I thought I had started my period because I was spotting. The next night I had a couple of drinks and was hung over the next day. I was still hung over the day after that and my period hadn't really started, although I was still spotting. I decided to test. Turns out I wasn't hung over.
    I had tender breasts as well but that comes with my period as well.
  • JerriBeasley
    JerriBeasley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My morning sickness started at about 4 weeks and lasted through delivery. I thought I had the worst case of food poisoning ever until the doc told me I was pregnant. I had no idea and it was a total shock.

Be sure you are getting enough folic acid. It is very important for babies! Good luck.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I had tender breasts and I remember that my hair dye didnt take to my hair!
    Oh yeah. The tender breasts! But I also get those with PMS.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    First clue was gagging non-stop every morning a few days before AF was due ...so first test was faint, second test was solid

Been trying for #2 for 3 years.... learned that pms symptoms & pregnancy symptoms are very similar ....take the test

Wait... why haven't you taken a test yet?
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am one that knew almost from conception. Just that, "oh boy, we just got me pregnant" feeling. I also always start throwing up a week before my period is late and I don't stop throwing up until I have the baby. So for me it is very obvious.

^this too
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    Wait... why haven't you taken a test yet?

I was just making sure AF didn't come since I can be a bit irregular sometimes. I am also half-way expecting what I'm feeling to be 'phantom symptoms' so IDK i just figured I should wait until my period tracker app said I was supposed to be over my period -- just to give it a bit more time to make sure AF wasn't just being late

Today is supposed to be the last day of my expected period, so I think it's been well enough time to go ahead and test today/tomorrow