200+ (Week 45) Getting Fit For Fall!

Options
124»

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I like the Getting Hot for Halloween name (spelled either way cuz I'm not worried about menopause). It's way better than what I came up with: Fall into fitness (thought I'd put it out there to contribute)

Have a good day ya'll, I'm going to bed.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I like the Hot for Halloween!

Amy - http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/bal-arneson/index.html
    This womans show is all about Indian food. The only bad thing is you need Garam Masala spice at the very least. She's made some super easy looking curry dishes. There are a few spice websites I've been perusing so I can buy some Indian spices. When I went to Ontario in May we ate lunch at this Indian food place and ever since I've been wanting more...so I too want to try my hand at cooking some!
    I'ts too bad there isn't Trader Joes in Germany because they actually have some pretty decent curry sauces in jars.

Congrats ladies on your one year anniversary!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I really like "Hot for Halloween"... The medicine is helping me feel a bit better by at least eliminating the sore throat (nasal drip stopped) but my head is pounding and fuzzy. I finally made an appt to get my hair done Sunday afternoon - cut and color. The breaking point was the young chick with the owl saying "she goes well with your grey" as I posed for a picture:grumble: Just wait until she turns 40... My brag of the day was running into a former client's son and he exclaimed "WOW. You've lost a lot of weight." Made my day. I think we all tend to forget how far we've come and get too obsessed with the scale not moving this instant. Speaking of Mr. Scale - he may be back on my good side this week. Keeping my fingers crossed that the pound I've been down sticks for tomorrow. DH want to go out for dinner but I'm not sure what I want to do. I still have 1 more client at 6:15... I guess I should go walk on Mr. Tready for 30 min to get some exercise. I don't feel like running or going out in the cold weather - It's only 55 out there!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Add 30 min of ex today for monthly total 599. Good luck on tomorrow's weigh-in!!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NEW THREAD AND CHALLENGE Y'ALL :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

keep an eye out for "hot for halloween" (week 47... i mis-titled this week's post... it was really 46)
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I've been pretty busy the last week and haven't been on the message boards, so am hopelessly behind. Have skimmed through the last few days of posts and will go back and read more thoroughly later. In the meantime, here are a few random thoughts based on what I read.

I vote for Hot for Halloween as the best name so far and personally lacking the creativity to come up with anything remotely as good.

Lunches...I tend to plan these more than dinners because I live alone, so can fix whatever I have on hand for dinner or even have a bowl of cereal and nobody cares. But lunches I have to pack to work (train and walking, so has to fit in the backpack), then find space in the communal fridge/freezer to stash my stuff. If I run out my options are limited to the unhealthy crap they serve in the cafeteria or the high cal food in the local restaurants. No groceries nearby. Typically I try and keep stashes of yogurt, cottage cheese, wasa bread, and some of the healthy choice fresh mixers in the office, then bring in daily stuff in the backpack. Often a sandwich or maybe some leftover chicken or turkey to put on a salad that I buy in the cafeteria.