Nobel Prize Winner picks Diet of the Future

Options

Replies

• MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    I think 2014 might be the year of the vegan. There's some serious money going into new vegan products, which seem to be very successful. http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681647/the-3-companies-that-bill-gates-thinks-are-shaping-the-future-of-food
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hmm, a cheeseburger sounds really good right now.

Maybe with some bacon.

2m4rjw8.jpg
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hmm, a cheeseburger sounds really good right now.

Maybe with some bacon.

2m4rjw8.jpg

That is the sexiest thing I have seen all day. Give it to me baby!!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Because everyone is not sick enough on grain/sugar based diets…… Gotta up the ante, must have maximum rates of malnutrition and disease because that's what's best for corporate profits.
  • MadameLAL
    Options
    What's the purpose of posting a picture of a bacon burger? Are you trying to start a flame war?
  • MadameLAL
    Options
    Because everyone is not sick enough on grain/sugar based diets…… Gotta up the ante, must have maximum rates of malnutrition and disease because that's what's best for corporate profits.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Could you elaborate?

ETA: Akimajuktuq~~Congrats on your amazing weight loss! I haven't been on the forums for a while and didn't recognize you right away. You're a new woman.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    What's the purpose of posting a picture of a bacon burger? Are you trying to start a flame war?

Or, just a flame-grilled war!?
  • MadameLAL
    Options

Or, just a flame-grilled war!?

Yup. Bring on the flame-grilled portabello mushrooms, but leave the acrimony out of it.
  • VegesaurusRex
    Options
    First, congratulations on your weight loss. You look good.

Second, what are you saying? Unless you are a junk-food vegetarian, you don't gain weight on plant food diets.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    I predict and believe that the farm to fork philosophy will rise exponentially faster.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I look forward to this as it will drive meat prices down.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there will be an increase... people are always doing dumb things.

I wasn't going to post at all, but the instant-on butthurt replies are hard to pass up.
  • MadameLAL
    Options
    I look forward to this as it will drive meat prices down.

Food prices are artificially controlled by farm subsidies. I'm not sure what would happen to meat prices if government policy favored plant-based agriculture.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    +1 for driving meat prices down for us Omnivores.

Sorry veggie peeps...soy chicken does not taste like chicken and soy bacon does not taste like bacon, and I have no problem with devouring that huge piece of cow muscle on my plate.

That being said...I am glad that they are creating new innovative ways for vegans and vegetarians to get protein.
  • MadameLAL
    Options
    I predict and believe that the farm to fork philosophy will rise exponentially faster.

Nothing wrong with that! Last year I bought a CSA share, and we ate local organic veggies for 16 weeks. But, unfortunately, that only carries us for about one third of the year.
  • MadameLAL
    Options

Sorry veggie peeps...soy chicken does not taste like chicken and soy bacon does not taste like bacon, and I have no problem with devouring that huge piece of cow muscle on my plate.

That being said...I am glad that they are creating new innovative ways for vegans and vegetarians to get protein.

As I recall 40 years ago when I ate meat, animal parts like 'cow muscle' tasted good, but that said, my tastes have changed and I don't miss it. Most habits are just that: habits.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

As I recall 40 years ago when I ate meat, animal parts like 'cow muscle' tasted good, but that said, my tastes have changed and I don't miss it. Most habits are just that: habits.

Okay...I sense a bit of PETA-nesh in you. Leaving thread.
  • MadameLAL
    Options

Okay...I sense a bit of PETA-nesh in you. Leaving thread.

Suit yourself. You were the one who called beef 'cow muscle.' I actually respect that, since it's a refreshfully honest way of talking about it. And I actually hate PETA, with its stupid media stunts and fat-shaming.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    How can you tell if someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Over and over again.
  • MadameLAL
    Options
    How can you tell if someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Over and over again.

Who here has self-identified as a vegan?