Week 3, "H20" Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween Challenge.

Options
Ladies and gents were doing quite well... We have over 100 people on here.. Happy to see all the people joining.

Dont forget about the Team H20 website that Pinky created for us.. Dont forget to keep visiting there.. so we can make that as much as a success as this right here.. :)http://teamh20.webs.com/

Also.. Remember we did expand to Facebook this last week. were up to 17 members on there.. http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=144117988960394&ref=ts

Memebers, feel free to invite people to join us. The more the merrier,

Week 3, is starting off pretty good. :) Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. If not I guess next week Ill have to work that much harder. Im excited about how much H20 has risen.. Thanks to ALL of you. I love to see the familiar faces coming back daily or every other day.. its amazing.. Hope week 3 is wonderful for all of us..

NEWBIES: You are welcome anytime.. Feel free to join in. This is only one of many challenges that we will have to come. Always up to meeting new people, and help to inspire them to do well. Weigh ins are Thursday Morning thru Sunday Night.. Some weigh in at other times.. Its not a big deal when you weigh in.. Were here to have fun.. Looking forward to some more new people.. Lets push this group to 200 members... :)

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    This is the first I have come across this group and I would like to give it a try. I like that you have an additonal web site to go to as well cuz I forget to come back and find posts sometimes so having that on my favorites will be good to keep me on track...HEIDI
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day is Sunday for me and hoping, hoping, hoping that the weight loss I saw on Wed. will either stay the same or go DOWN!!!! Excited about this challenge because it will push me and I am so glad I read this post because I am feeling unmotivated today! Now I guess I will get up and go walk 3 miles like I should have done already! Good luck with your weigh in's everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Week 3 and going strong!! Good morning from Lake of the Ozarks, Mo!! I didn't weigh in this morning, probably won't til Tue once I'm home from our mini vacay. Keep up the great work all!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Week three is horrible for me. I didn't have money for groceries and I was out of the house for 18 hours a day so I pretty much had to eat what was on hand. I went from doing good on a low-carb low-cal to just trying to work out enough to balance everything.

I gained three pounds.

This weekend will be spent reflecting, regaining inspiration and most importantly - GROCERY SHOPPING. I'm considering just going full on atkins because it has worked wonders on both my father and my grandmother (my grandmother especially - she's allergic to most fruits and some vegetables). I will do thorough research and get my act together.

This morning when I got off the scale I went so far as to put on my gym clothes before I just sat down and started crying. I started feeling the familiar twang of emotional eating and instead of going straight for the fat stuff I managed to get some of the low calorie cucumber pasta salad I made for a pot luck tonight. It filled me up and stayed under 400 calories. I ended up shutting down physically and emotionally before I finally had to leave for work.

On the bright side - I brought my gym bag with me to work and now that I'm feeling more revved and inspired again I will be going to the gym after work. I won't be drinking at the potluck tonight so nothing is going to keep me from going this weekend either. I know that by Monday I will be full force back in effect.

I can do this guys. We can ALL do this! I don't care how horrible today is, it can only get better!
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I will weigh in on Mondays. :)
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Week three is horrible for me. I didn't have money for groceries and I was out of the house for 18 hours a day so I pretty much had to eat what was on hand. I went from doing good on a low-carb low-cal to just trying to work out enough to balance everything.

I gained three pounds.

This weekend will be spent reflecting, regaining inspiration and most importantly - GROCERY SHOPPING. I'm considering just going full on atkins because it has worked wonders on both my father and my grandmother (my grandmother especially - she's allergic to most fruits and some vegetables). I will do thorough research and get my act together.

This morning when I got off the scale I went so far as to put on my gym clothes before I just sat down and started crying. I started feeling the familiar twang of emotional eating and instead of going straight for the fat stuff I managed to get some of the low calorie cucumber pasta salad I made for a pot luck tonight. It filled me up and stayed under 400 calories. I ended up shutting down physically and emotionally before I finally had to leave for work.

On the bright side - I brought my gym bag with me to work and now that I'm feeling more revved and inspired again I will be going to the gym after work. I won't be drinking at the potluck tonight so nothing is going to keep me from going this weekend either. I know that by Monday I will be full force back in effect.

I can do this guys. We can ALL do this! I don't care how horrible today is, it can only get better!
    Sorry your week was so rough.*hugs* I know it sucks to work so hard and not get the results you wanted. But you are definitely on the right track! Keep it up!! We can totally do this!!! Hope your day and your weekend are spectacular!! (^_^)
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Managed to keep it going this last week or so even with the schedule from hell, which I just found out will be continuing into next week. We shall see if I can keep up the good work while working overnights. Haven't done them for awhile so they've been throwing me off. Hope everyones week goes great!! Oh and don't be a Lazy Umi like this guy, get out and do something fun!!!
    LazyUmi.jpg
  • nursee67
    Options
    Hey everyone.... I didn't weigh in today...probably will on Mon since that is my previous weigh in day. So glad to be part of the group...it really does keep me accountable!
    Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend! I will be at work...nursing never sleeps!
  • carcar63
    Options
    Hi all, I'm sorry, I lost track of the thread last week and just found it again. I usually weigh in on Mondays but I got on this morning just for chuckles to see where I was and I actually went up 2lbs., hopefully when I officially weigh in on Monday it'll be back down to where it was. Good luck to all and I hope everyone has a nice Labor Day Weekend.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I couldnt contain myself.. I had to do it.. I weighed myself tonight.. TWO pounds down.. heck yeah..

SW 291
    CW 289..

Go me!! I didn eat the best choices today,.. I bought 30 day shred today.. Thanks to everyone always talking about it.. Gonna start it monday or tuesday.. I might try it out on Tomorrow night or Sunday.. But not fully until Monday or Tuesday.. :) Exciting!!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    reposting~

ok so I weighed in this am and it was 323
    went out walking and did almost a mile.a good day in all
    so for the heck of it weighed in again
    321.8 ..
    so taking the 321.8
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey all did a weigh in today and happy to say I lost 2 pounds. Hope next week is good also. Wishing everyone all the best from New Mexico.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Here we go, week three, here we go! *clap, clap!*
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Also - I'm posting the current weigh-in log in a couple minutes. I've included those who have posted their week 3 weigh-ins on the document. Let me know if you see any problems/omissions. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

I gained three pounds.

Oh awesome possum pal - I'm sorry this week has been rough for you. :( You seem to be such an active always-on-the-go kind of girl. I'm wondering if maybe you need to up your calorie intake a smidge more. Like maybe your body is always working, and with your calories limited to what they are now, and adding in your awesome exercise routine, maybe your body isn't working with the calories you're putting in the way it should be. I dunno, I'm no scientist, but I just want to see you succeed and support you on your way to your goal! *hug*
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm just now finding this group, but I would love to join in and give it my best shot to loose around 20 lbs by Halloween. My birthday is October 26th - so it would also be the best birthday present to myself. I tried to lose for the past year but I'm about where I started last year. I didn't weigh in this morning, so I will weigh myself tomorrow. So a year later, here I am.....still trying to get this ball rolling. I figure I've got a year under my belt where I could see what works AND what does NOT work.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    just came across and like the idea of your challenge. autumn is a favorite time of year for me. will keep up with your posts and best of luck to everyone!
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Totally forgot to post my weigh in!
    H20 Start
    W1:245.4
    W2:241.4
    W3:238.8
    Everyone is doing so awesome! (^_^)
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    H20 SW - 220
    W1 - 217.8
    W2 - 214.6

Woohoo!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    just came across and like the idea of your challenge. autumn is a favorite time of year for me. will keep up with your posts and best of luck to everyone!
    yay, Elm!! Glad to see you here!! Autumn is my fave too! I'm still on vacay, and my scale batteries are dead, but I will weigh in either Tue or Wed. XoxoxoX Bru