Week 3, "H20" Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween Challenge.

Options

Replies

• mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Today is my weigh-in day and I am down a little. :happy:

H20 Starting weight:199
    Week 2 weight: 198.6
    Week 3 weight (today): 197

Happy Labor Day weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Hi all!!!! I am so excited! :happy: Good News: I am down 3 lbs!! (yeah!!! doing the Snoopy happy dance) So now I'm I have 17 lbs left to go!!! Yahoooo! I tried the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred last night and much to my surprise I actually enjoyed it. So if I continue with that program and making correct food choices, perhaps I really can do this. I'm just now starting to believe in myself. I think I can I think I can I think I can...............
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey everyone I haven't weighed in yet I will in the AM to start off week 3 hopefully it will be good

So far week 1 I wasn't officially here but I weighed 159.4
    Week 2 165.2
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Week 6
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    ThekitSune6 your right it can and will get better you can do this and great job taking your gym clothes to work. I know what you mean when you dont have the right food in the house it really does make it hard. So glad your geeting that out the way this weekend!! Here's to a great week:drinker:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hello to the new faces! So happy to have you here.

Cenedria, Sweetie, mommy2boyz, and AngelDog - congrats you losers!!

Thanks to TOM, I'm in a lovely bleh mood about all of this. I've been below my calories and doing at least 30 mins of exercise 6 out of the 7 days of week. I guess Veruca Salt is just piping up again, dammit.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies.. I love seeing all the new faces.. :)

Chin up to all those who are currently struggling.. Remember you ARE worth fighting for. Keep up the hard work. Dont let the set backs get best of you. We all have moments of weakness.. Its whether we find the strength within the weakness or just give up.. I now some days it feels easier just to give up, but its SOO worth all the hard work we have all been putting into ourselves.. Remember here is the place for support. Remember we ARE here for you.. :)

Hope everyone has a safe Labor Day Weekend.. Even if it means splurging a little bit here and there.. But remember to get back on track.. :) Just think of how great you look now and you are just a little ways into the weight loss.. :)

UPDATE: Ive seen alot of new changes in my body since Ive started this journey.. And I'm happier with each day that passes.. Some days I feel sooo skinny, other days I feel fat.. I know I still have alot of weight to lose, but I have more confidence in me than I have had in a long time.. I absolutely love it.. I hope it only gets better.. I'm happy that Ive lost a total of 23 pounds thus far! Happy Labor Day!!! :)
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did so well during week two. My starting weight for this challenge was 172 during the first week and 169 during the second so a 3 pound loss. Week 3 however is not going to be so great and I weigh in tomorrow morning. I ran my usual three miles everyday and strength trained every other day, however, I had two days where I just was out of control food wise! I ate heatlhy foods but I consumed too much to where the calorie count became unhealthy. At the end of those days I felt so defeated! Not a good feeling at all when progress is moving in the wrong direction!

I am starting to feel like losing 20 pounds in less than two months is not going to happen for me but then I try to stay positive and realize that even if I lose only half of that, ten pounds in two months is still a great accomplisment! So either way it is a win win situation.

Well, here is to the good kick in the butt that I need to get my eating habits in check this week and to wishing all of you a great third week!! Maybe at the end of this journey we will be able to reward ourselves with a piece of halloween candy and not feel guilty about it! Or better yet, maybe two!!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I did so well during week two. My starting weight for this challenge was 172 during the first week and 169 during the second so a 3 pound loss. Week 3 however is not going to be so great and I weigh in tomorrow morning. I ran my usual three miles everyday and strength trained every other day, however, I had two days where I just was out of control food wise! I ate heatlhy foods but I consumed too much to where the calorie count became unhealthy. At the end of those days I felt so defeated! Not a good feeling at all when progress is moving in the wrong direction!

I am starting to feel like losing 20 pounds in less than two months is not going to happen for me but then I try to stay positive and realize that even if I lose only half of that, ten pounds in two months is still a great accomplisment! So either way it is a win win situation.

Well, here is to the good kick in the butt that I need to get my eating habits in check this week and to wishing all of you a great third week!! Maybe at the end of this journey we will be able to reward ourselves with a piece of halloween candy and not feel guilty about it! Or better yet, maybe two!!!

You can do it hun.. You cant let it get you down. Even if you dont get to the "20" pounds you are trying. We all have days where we go a little over board, whether is healthy or not.. It happens and its part of life. Its a matter of whether we let it defeat us or not. You can stop it at anytime.. Just keep your chin up.. DONT let "food" defeat you, and end your journey. The journey is never over, although you may show weakness now, in the future you will have much more strength.. Sometimes you gotta go thru the weakest hours to find the strongest ones.. I wish you luck in week 3... <3
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Down .4 this week I will take it after my Fried seafood platter yesterday and my little balloon fingers this morning to let me know I need to flush all the sodium out of my system!! This week will be better!!

So far week 1 I wasn't officially here but I weighed 159.4
    Week 2 165.2
    Week 3 164.8
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Week 6
  • carcar63
    Options

I completely understand what you're saying. When I started the challenge I was 332 then 327 then 329 then 331, now this morning I'm 328.6. It's very fustrating when you're trying to lose weight and think you're eating right and exercising daily but the weight is just going up and down. Anyway, yesterday I got thinking maybe it wasn't how much I was eating but what I was eating so I looked at the past couple of weeks and it seemed like I was eating a lot of carbs, even though I've been measuring and have been at or under my cal intake for the day. So, I got on line and found a sight to plan my meals for me ( I think I need a little more help). So, again, with a little help and a new stratagy I'm off to start another week and hopefully it won't see my weight going up and down. I'm going to start my weight at 328.6 and go from there. I joined the challenge to lose 20 pounds and if I am lucky lose my own personal goal of 30 by Halloween, but like you said even if we/I lose only half that at least it's a loss.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    just came across and like the idea of your challenge. autumn is a favorite time of year for me. will keep up with your posts and best of luck to everyone!

Me too! I love everything about fall! October is definitely my favorite month of the year!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't know the exact start date that the H20 Challenge was issued because I didn't start till last week. I weigh in on Sunday's religiously and will only count what the scale says on that day, so, I am going to post back to Aug. 15 cuz this is week three.

Here are the stats!

8/15 - 231.5
    8/22 - 230.5
    8/29 - 228.4
    9/5 - 225.5

Not sure if I have a 5 or 6lb. loss in regards to the challenge but I will take the losses that are there! If it needs adjusting on the chart, feel free to adjust it! :)

I did terrible with food choices yesterday and had a LOT of carbs, but, I was with family and had a great time! I think we all need a day every now and again to enjoy some of the things that we wouldn't normally eat on a daily basis. That is the ONLY way this is doable for me!

I'm challenging myself to drink extra water today to undo some of that extra sodium that I had and I am walking another mile!! :)

Good luck everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful, long weekend!
  • luvstolose
    Options
    Halloween challange:
    Starting weight for challange 235
    Current weight for challange 232

Starting weight for MFP 244
    Current weight for MFP 232 :) its goind down!!!
  • P3AC3nLOV3
    Options
    I wanna join!

Start Weight SUNDAY 9/05/2010- 262lbs
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I wanna join!

Start Weight SUNDAY 9/05/2010- 262lbs

Welcome!!! :)
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My eating was terrible this week and I haven't worked out :( My hubby had a surprise bday party for me friday night and my eating has been bad since. I just don't understand why I do this? I cry and feel like drap and hate myself for being so fat and then I turn around and pig out on something. I'm soooo tired of myself.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    My eating was terrible this week and I haven't worked out :( My hubby had a surprise bday party for me friday night and my eating has been bad since. I just don't understand why I do this? I cry and feel like drap and hate myself for being so fat and then I turn around and pig out on something. I'm soooo tired of myself.

It happens hun.. dust off your knees and move forward.. not sense in beating yourself up over it.. ;)
  • ChandraSinger
    Options
    I lost another 2 pounds this week! I have lost a total of 4 pounds since starting this challenge and a total of 19 pounds overall!! :happy:

1521612.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • nursee67
    Options
    Not that it was the best eating this week...I lost 1.6 lbs! That is the first loss I have had in awhile. Now I have to keep it up! Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • twinskatergirl
    Options
    Would love to join this challenge.
    My starting weigh is 156
    on October 31 i will hopefully be 136. :smile: