*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• lcanady
    lcanady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in! Great idea! I would like to lose 20 lbs. Today I have started off with a healthy breakfast and I did 45 mins of Zumba! I will weigh in on Fridays. Until tomorrow...:drinker:
  • brycensmom
    Options
    I am back. I did an officail weigh in this morning and I am 238.0 :(. I am up about 2 lbs for some reason. I want to set my thanksgiving goal to lose 15 lbs and that will put me at 223!!! Hope I can do it. Please add me ladies and we can all encourage each other
  • brycensmom
    Options
    sorry forgot about this part.....

09-09-2010 SW 238.0
    CW 238.0
    Thanksgiving GW 223

I CAN lose 15 lbs by then!!!
  • Treask40
    Options
    I am in... a day late! I have to weigh in the morning.
    Goal- exercise 30 min 4 times a week.
    Weight loss - 20 lbs
    I will check in on thursdays!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodi Yes I am interested. I am sorry I forgot about it.

starting weight: 239.2
    current weight: 239
    goal weight: 219:heart:
    . Iknow i can do it!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today :)

Glad I found this challenge:

Starting weight - 180
    Current weight- 176.4 as of 9/9/10
    Goal weight - 158 by Thanksgiving
  • cheche530
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • cheche530
    Options
    I am late but I am here my current weight is 225 my goal my thanksgiving is 140 Ya a big goal but i Have already lost 60 lbs in 3 months so its a challenge but I wanna try :) and succeed :) THANKS :) XOXO- Cheche530
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    Starting 146 (up 2 from Mid August:grumble: )

goal 135 (11 pounds = 1 pound a week)

I don't know if I can do this being so close to my final goal so I would be happy with a goal of 140 which is about half a pound a week. I guess we will just have to see how it goes.

I am starting the Turbo Fire ChaLean Extreme Hybrid on Monday and that will take me all the way into January so I should be at my final goal by my daughters wedding.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    count me in :)

SW: 165
    CW: 165
    GW: 150
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also new to My fitness pal. I would love to join this awesome challenge!

I currently weigh 150 and hope to lose 10 lbs or more by Thanksgiving!

Jodie, thanks for this challenge! :)

My weight info:

SW: 150

CW: 150

GW: 140

Kathleen
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    OK so yesterday I SUCKED at eating!!!! I'm just finishing up a Lose Big contest at the gym, and next week is our last weigh in. I had myself a big ole pitty party yesterday, but I'm back on track today.
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making the list Jodi!
  • kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Jodi,

I forget to tell you that I will be weighing in every Thursday.

hope to get to know most of you better. :)

Jodi, Thank again for making the list. :)

Kathleen
  • shamrock677
    Options
    wow, thanks for posting it on your page. Makes it much easier.
    You are awesome for doing this.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I"m doing pretty good so far, its night time though when I usually wind up messing up. Any tips for not eating so much at night?
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am a day late, but I would love to join this thread and this challenge. I have been trying to lose the 20 lbs I want to for a few years, and just keep going up and down 5 lbs. I have started to become more active and am watching what I eat always, even during the weekend. Beer is a hard thing to resist for me, especially with football season approaching! ;-) So, here are the stats:
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have the same problem. I eat sensibly during the day but for some reason my appetite really kicks in around 7 or 8 at night, don't know why but it does. It's hard to keep from eating so I keep a lot of fruit in the house so if I do eat it's not as bad as eating a lot of stuff I don't need,.
  • kbfries
    Options
    Just found myfitnesspal and would love to join! :)

Starting Weight 172
    Current Weight 172
    Goal Weight 160
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I"m doing pretty good so far, its night time though when I usually wind up messing up. Any tips for not eating so much at night?

Night time is my worst time too!! I have to admit, thats one of the reasons I decided to take on the challenge of putting this Thanksgiving challenge together.... to keep me busy and accountable! Last night, and so far tonight too, I have been busy reading posts and trying to get the list of challengers updated that I forgot to have my evening snack!!! I've tried reading.... cleaning out drawers.... exercising.... anything and everything to take my mind off of snacking at night. I have to stay really conscious of myself and my emotions.... its mind over matter. We can do this!!