*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• scentsykristen
    Options
    I just joined MFP today so I'm right on track for this challenge! Yay!

SW: 255
    CW: 255
    GW: 230
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on the Thanksgiving Weigh Loss Challenge up for a challenge within a challenge? I'm thinking of an exercise challenge to get us up and accountable for some form of exercise every morning... Here's what I'm throwing down if you want to pick it up :)

I'll be willing to lead an East Coast session if there are others who want to lead other time zones.

M-F get up early log onto MFP.
    Between 6:00am – 7:00 am come to this thread and say "Good Morning".
    Go off and do 30 minutes of whatever exercise you want (sleeping doesn’t count as an exercise).
    Come back to this thread after 30 minutes and say what you did for exercise and wish everyone “Good Luck” for the day.
    I will keep track of who has said “Good Morning” and “Good Luck” every day and let you know who’s had the most “log ins” each week.

I'll start the group on Monday since it’s already late on Thursday. Let me know if you're interested!
  • Roma_Tee
    Options
    Count me in... Starting Weight 235
    Goal Weight by Thanksgiving 213
  • Treask40
    Options
    Ok, so I weighed........sigh.
    SW-215
    Goal -190
    I am going to be working out as much as possible, but will be having a breast reduction surgery right in the middle of this, not sure how that will affect my weight... but all the more reason for me to be losing, so the rest of me can match the new "girls" .
    Thanks for the challenge, its what I need to keep me accountable. If anyone wants a buddy to share food plan and exercise let me know, i could use extra accountability.
    Good luck all!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    So far I've had a so-so week. I also struggle with the nighttime eating--for me it's because I am tired and bored. I need to work on a special jewelry project so my plan is to do that in the evenings.
    Today I start the actual design part of it and the I need to figure out the materials I need to get and then order them. That should keep me busy (and I have some things to finish while I wait for my supplies to arrive).

The best thing about my hobby it that I cannot be eating while I am doing it! (I also crochet in the winters--another way to keep my hands busy!)
  • ckholmes
    Options
    Im in for the Challenge a couple days late but here it is

Starting weight: 267.0
    Current weight: 260.0

Thanksgiving weight challenge : 240.0

Please give me the strength and motivation to do this and to learn a new lifestyle :)
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I weighed........sigh.
    SW-215
    Goal -190
    I am going to be working out as much as possible, but will be having a breast reduction surgery right in the middle of this, not sure how that will affect my weight... but all the more reason for me to be losing, so the rest of me can match the new "girls" .
    Thanks for the challenge, its what I need to keep me accountable. If anyone wants a buddy to share food plan and exercise let me know, i could use extra accountability.
    Good luck all!

I'm envious of you having breast reduction surgery! I have always wished I was brave enough to do that. I pray that it goes well for you!
  • ranthrop
    Options
    I am it too!!
  • ranthrop
    Options
    I am in too
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday! At five o'clock I will officially be on vacation! WooHoo! My oldest daughter and her boyfriend are coming here (I live in Va., they live in NY state where I am from). On Monday we are all (hubby and youngest daughter that lives here and her son) we are all going down to Va Beach for a few days. I cannnot wait! I plan to do a LOT of walking while there.... sunrise walks on the beach! (So I can be like my friend Coni!) Hopefully the hotel has WiFi so that I can check with all my challengers every day! I wont be able to weigh in next Tuesday, but I will still be good! I am sooooo ready for this weight to come off, and no vacation is going to get in my way!

I have mentioned that I have a baked goods addiction.... so, what did I do today.... I organized a bake sale at work for mid-October! I know, silly girl!! But we raise money to buy a family Christmas gifts, so we really need to do it. It's a month away... I will be feeling really strong by then, so I'm too worried yet!

Talk to you all later!
  • aam_84
    Options
    Count me in! I am needing something to keep me going on here... Thanks :)
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Jodie,

Have a great Vacation! Know that your support is with you! Have fun and don't deprive yourself. A little here and there is ok and remember what is at the end of the road. Get caught up in your family, I find that sometimes that is enough to make me put whatever it is I am not supposed to be eating at a particilar moment down. Enjoy your family!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Treask40
    Options
    not too good at this...........I don't know how to reply to a specific post.
  • Treask40
    Options
    I'm envious of you having breast reduction surgery! I have always wished I was brave enough to do that. I pray that it goes well for you!

Thanks for the well wishes, I have always wanted to as well... i had a friend that had it done and she told me most insurance will pay if you have certain symptoms. I thought what the heck, went to a consultation and everything fell into place. YAY! thats all i can say about it .. YAY!!!! (of course I may be saying boo hoo after the surgery for a few days)
    [/quote]
  • ginacab3
    ginacab3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OK. It realy sounds good, and it's always helpful to have a goal.

SW 160
    GW 150
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodie,

Enjoy your vacation with your family.
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I've been wanting to do that also but just haven't done it. The more weight I lose the more heavier those girls become. It's really bothering my shoulders and back more then it used to. Let me know how it goes for you.
  • JodieHut
    Options
    not too good at this...........I don't know how to reply to a specific post.

To reply to a specific post....in the bottom right corner of post, click on "Quote" ..... just start reply underneath message.... when it posts, the original appears in a box, and your response is under it!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. Is it too late to join the challenge? Two days late on that. lol
  • JodieHut
    Options
    It's NEVER too late!!!

Hope everyone is planning an active and healthy weekend. Be mindful of your goal at all times..... especially when you are tempted by a treat!