*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Here's a few little motivational quotes I found on the web..... they all made me stop and think.

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

You may delay, but time will not.

Take twice as long to eat half as much.

Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us.

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quotes! love them!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    today i am at 260...down 2 from last week and i am now officially down 100 from my highest weight. (my ticker is based on when i started to try for real, the first 33 i lost were not because i was trying at all.)
  • JodieHut
    Options
    today i am at 260...down 2 from last week and i am now officially down 100 from my highest weight. (my ticker is based on when i started to try for real, the first 33 i lost were not because i was trying at all.)

Down ONE HUNDRED POUNDS!!!!!!!! Wow.... I'm so impressed! Congrats girl!! My final goal will be a total loss of between 112 and 122, so I love seeing people like yourself actually being able to lose 100+ pounds. You are a true inspiration.
  • ljps
    ljps Posts: 9
    Options
    don't remember my starting weight,

tw 260.6

The wii says the numbers are going down!

I would love to be under 250 by Thanksgiving
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Here's a few little motivational quotes I found on the web..... they all made me stop and think.

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

You may delay, but time will not.

Take twice as long to eat half as much.

Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us.

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

Thanks, love the quotes, especially the last one.
  • shamrock677
    Options
    Does anyone have any exercise ideas. I work full time and am also a mommy to a busy toddler and have a hard time finding time to work out.
    any suggestions?
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any exercise ideas. I work full time and am also a mommy to a busy toddler and have a hard time finding time to work out.
    any suggestions?

My first reaction is use your toddler as a weight!!!! Lift baby with your arms (give kisses), give horsie rides (do push ups), become a swing (hold baby in arms and swing), play chase (run), play hide n' go seek (crawl around the house). Toddlers are the best exercise!!
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for today: 184.4

Can't remember where I was last week, but I know I lost!
  • dfast
    Options
    Finally I am down at least a pound! Don't remember my starting weight but I am at 137 now. Hoping to get to 130 by Thanksgiving :)
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Weigh in for today: 184.4

Can't remember where I was last week, but I know I lost!

You were at 187.8 last week..... thats a great loss! Congrats!!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    Finally I am down at least a pound! Don't remember my starting weight but I am at 137 now. Hoping to get to 130 by Thanksgiving :)

I have you down for 138 last week.... another good loss!! You gals rock!!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    any suggestions?

I suggest Jillians 30 Day Shred DVD..... there are three workouts and each is only 20 minutes long. Quick and INTENSE!!
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I hope this is the correct thread.

Starting weight 190
    Goal weight 150
    Current weight 185
    Lost this week: 3 lbs.

Motivation: Eric. He couldn't do what he needed to do to be healthy and now he is gone. We used to try to inspire and motivate each other, but he lost the strength to keep trying. I'll do this for him. I miss you Eric. You were a good friend.

2040688.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I changed my post...it didn't make any sense...hope this does.

Starting MFP weight 190 6/12/10
    1st weigh-in 174 9/8/10
    2nd weigh-in 174 9/15/10
    3rd weigh-in 172 9/22/10

Goal weight 163 - 9 lbs to go
  • vickyajones
    vickyajones Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    any suggestions?

I suggest Jillians 30 Day Shred DVD..... there are three workouts and each is only 20 minutes long. Quick and INTENSE!!

Jodie - I just ordered that DVD and am excited but a little bit worried I might disturb my neighbors. I live in a second floor apartment I am sure if I can hear my downstairs neighbor's twins in the morning, they can hear me! Is it easily adaptable? Also, my space is limited but I can manage pilates ok (and if I wasn't worried about the neighbors, Tai Bo). Can it be done in a smallish space? (not cramped but not an American-sized living room).

It's funny the things that make me miss America!
  • JodieHut
    Options
    You dont need a lot of space to do this dvd.... she doesnt have you run all around or anything. The only thing I can think of that may cause noise is the jumping jacks. I have bad knees, so I had to modify them. Jillian says you cant modify them, but I did!! It really is a good exercise program. I love it most though because its only twenty minutes! Cant wait to hear how you like it!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was invited by an American family to join them for thanksgiving and they deep fried the turkey... OMG... that would have to be the tastiest turkey I have EVER eaten....hate to think of the calories in that!

I have never had deep=fried turkey but the Hungry Girl website has this to say about it:

HG,

Everyone is making deep fried turkeys these days. My friend says they are healthier than regular roasted turkeys, but this doesn't seem likely to me. Which is better for you?

-Perplexed 'Bout Poultry
    Dear Perplexed,

Great question! I've received so many emails about this. Not surprisingly (though it will be to your friend, apparently!), a deep fried bird contains more fat and calories than a regular roasted turkey. But the difference isn't as big as you'd think. The nutritional information is as follows; 3.5 ounces of deep fried turkey has approximately 190 calories and 11 grams of fat, while the same size portion of regular roasted turkey breast typically contains about 165 calories and 7 grams of fat. Last, and when it comes to fat and calories, least, a 3.5 ounce serving of skinless roasted turkey breast clocks in at around 140 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. As you may have guessed, the roasted turkey without skin is your best bet. You may also be wondering if skinless deep fried turkey and skinless oven roasted turkey have the same amount of calories (I was). Close, but not quite. Turkey skin melts a little during cooking, seeping into the meat right below it. This, of course, makes the meat a little bit fattier and more caloric than its roasted counterpart. To minimize this effect, I suggest you take turkey from a little further down into the bird. Overall, while it's a good idea to stick with skinless roasted turkey breast, I'd worry more about those creamy, fatty side dishes and rich, decadent desserts, than about how your turkey is cooked. HG Tip: Turkey that's deep fried in canola or vegetable oil at a higher temperature (350 degrees+) will absorb less fat and oil than turkeys that are fried at lower temperatures. Happy Thanksgiving!

So, it's really not too bad for you--IF it is done right (oil at the correct temp., etc.)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    any suggestions?

You can also check youtube and exercisetv.tv--there are a LOT of workouts on the web that don't take a lot of time and if you stick to lower impact they shouldn't make too much noise, either.

That's how I started--and I still prefer a lot of the routines I found online to most of the DVDs I've tried!
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I forgot about writing my weight in yesterday. I am still at the same weight, but I guess it's good I didn't gain. Starting weight 138, current weight 138. Need to kick it up for next week!