*THANKSGIVING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE*

Options

Replies

• Shmee77
    Options
    This challenge is so great, its really keeping me motivated. I started p90x this week, but modified it a little so I could still swim and bike and not lose all my triathlon training. Cut out the run though. I'll be a better runner when I have less weight to carry and it'll be safer on my poor old lady knees.

SW 180
    CW 176 (lost 1 lb)
    GW 160
    Old lady knees??? You're 24!!! LOL

I have stage 3 osteoarthritis and I found that out when I sprained my knee and tore my meniscus two years ago. I got these shots that are meant to regrow cartilage and on the pamphlet for the shots was a 70 year old lady golfing...haha. Even since I've called them my old lady knees.
  • Shmee77
    Options
    I bought a new scale today. Mine has been iffy...I don't think its consistent. So I got a really nice one and wanted to compare. Weighed myself on the old one....178...then the new....175?/?? Three pounds?? So I'm changing my SW and GW, still trying to lose the 20 lbs, just adjusted it to be accurate :)

SW-177
    CW-173
    GW157
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This challenge is so great, its really keeping me motivated. I started p90x this week, but modified it a little so I could still swim and bike and not lose all my triathlon training. Cut out the run though. I'll be a better runner when I have less weight to carry and it'll be safer on my poor old lady knees.

SW 180
    CW 176 (lost 1 lb)
    GW 160
    Old lady knees??? You're 24!!! LOL

I have stage 3 osteoarthritis and I found that out when I sprained my knee and tore my meniscus two years ago. I got these shots that are meant to regrow cartilage and on the pamphlet for the shots was a 70 year old lady golfing...haha. Even since I've called them my old lady knees.

Did you get the Synvisc injections? I got them about 3 months ago. I know what you mean about old lady knees, I'm not a spring chicken but I don't consider myself a old hen either LOL. My knees starting bothering me a few years ago, I really messed up my right knee trying to keep with all those young chickens in a circuit interval class, I was doing lunges and went down to far and tore the cartilage in my right now and had to have the scope surgery and it was all down hill from there. My doctor says I'm on the back road to a knee replacement and eventually I'll be on the main road.
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Today:187.8

Don't remembert where I was last week, but at a loss :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I hope your "old lady knees" feel better soon. Keep on track during the challenge and I'm sure you'll feel better. I'll be watching your progress... and your "old lady knees" :)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi - newbie here and was wondering if it's to late to join this challenge. If not where do I start?

Bonnie

Just post your start weight, current weight, and goal weight. We weigh in/report on Mondays. Good luck
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hi - newbie here and was wondering if it's to late to join this challenge. If not where do I start?

Bonnie

Just post your start weight, current weight, and goal weight. We weigh in/report on Mondays. Good luck

Actually, I'd prefer everyone 'reported' on Wednesdays. You can weigh in whenever you want, but for me to keep track of all 80 challengers, having the same 'report' day will be easier. I just dont want to overlook someone posting their weigh-in's if its on a different day. I'm in the process of updating the spreadsheet right now.... it's quite a task, but I am loving it!!! You are all very inspiring!

I'll be back home this weekend and be able to concentrate on ME and my weight loss without the interruption of the beach... pool... shopping.... family.... restaurants..... walks on the beach..... hmmm, I'm love vacations! (but I'm exhausted!!)
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Jodie -

Hope the vacation is going well! So happy to have you with us even though you are busy enjoying your family and some down time! Thanks for everything you are doing!! :flowerforyou:
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    AHHHH JOdie I'm so sorry I'm late, I weighed in at 254 yesterday, a loss of 2 pounds!
  • ginacab3
    ginacab3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Arrggghhh, I missed weigh in....I'll just update next week...sorry.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Sorry Jodie...I report to another thred on Mondays ... so I had that in my head. Thank you for keeping track of everything! :flowerforyou:
  • ashlya1
    Options
    I am in! I weigh 161 and my goal is 125. I am determined to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving. I am going wedding dress shopping after Christmas and hope to be at my goal weight! Gotta get picture ready!!!!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving Goal, Take 25lbs off :drinker:

Starting weight 238 goal 213
    9/15 no lost 238
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Late on the weigh in and will check on by Wednesday next week. 1 lb lost this week!!
  • vickyajones
    vickyajones Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I totally blew it yesterday. We had a massive work meeting with rich food and good wine. Eek! Back on track today...
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I'm changing my weigh-in date. It is too stressful for me to keep weighing all week. I have 10 lbs to lose in 9 1/2 weeks. Hope everyone else is doing great this week.

Starting weight 190 6/12/10
    Current weight 174 9/8/10
    174 9/15/10
    173 9/17/10 (change my weigh-in date to Fridays)
    Goal weight 163
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies.... I'm home and ready to rock this weight off!! I have to admit I overindulged here and there while on vacation! Hopefully all the walking will have helped with some of those extra calories. My daughter and her boyfriend are still here at my house for another day or two.... THEN I can get my life back to normal. I've come to realize that I MUST step up my exercise or this weight will take forever to come off.

Congrats to all the first-week losers!! You give me inspiration. There were quite a few Challengers who didnt post this week, so I will spend some time this weekend sending them messages.... supporting them and encouraging them to remain committed to their goal. Never give up!!!

Thanks for supporting each other!! Week one was a great success!!!

Jodie:happy:
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies.... I'm home and ready to rock this weight off!! I have to admit I overindulged here and there while on vacation! Hopefully all the walking will have helped with some of those extra calories. My daughter and her boyfriend are still here at my house for another day or two.... THEN I can get my life back to normal. I've come to realize that I MUST step up my exercise or this weight will take forever to come off.

Congrats to all the first-week losers!! You give me inspiration. There were quite a few Challengers who didnt post this week, so I will spend some time this weekend sending them messages.... supporting them and encouraging them to remain committed to their goal. Never give up!!!

Thanks for supporting each other!! Week one was a great success!!!

Jodie:happy:

Jodie don't get discouraged!!! Just focus on one thing at a time. Last week I focused on NOT eating fast food, and I lost 2 pounds just doing that! Now this week I'm reintegrating the recommended water into my diet. Next week I'll start counting calories religiously, then walking, then trying to get more veggies.

Don't try to go back to super strict all at once, it's too overwhelming. When you get off track its so easy to go back to that (that's what i've been doing the past month) it's much easier to take it one step at a time.
  • I would love to loose atleast 15lbs to 20lbs by Thanksgiving :) Im going back to my home town that week and would feel so good If I could accomplish that by then. Plus eating more healthy Is making me have so much more energy! I love feelin good!!! <3
  • nikkirhea1
    Options
    I have not weighed in this week and think I have not lost anything but haven't gained. I will check in on Wednesday. I have been so sidetracked. I have not been exercising like I was initially when I signed on to this sight. My daughter was sick last week. I have got to get on it. Where does the motivation go?