I just have to accept that I will always be fat

Options

Replies

• Lizziepf1976
    Lizziepf1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't give up this is my 3rd. time coming back to MFP, I too felt like a failure and I did Quit, but I came back after a year, because I want to prove to myself that I can achieve my goals, yes, I lack discipline and self control but is now or never for me at least for me because I'll be turning 38 and I want to be healthy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Off to throw away my 'skinny' clothes.

This is the line that struck me...if you have skinny cloths then you weren't always fat...
  • Lizziepf1976
    Lizziepf1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I decided to take baby steps, today I will cut back on sugar: I will only drink water no sugary drinks and no coffee or milk, just plain H2O!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You sound like a whiner. Nobody here is going to support starving yourself. You are weak and obviously don't care about yourself. If you did than you wouldn't be Starving yourself and killing your body. If you want and help from us than you need to make an educated and assertive effort to change your habits. Quite honestly I nor anyone else will want to read your complaining otherwise.

Where is she starving herself?
  • korpinator99
    korpinator99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    500 calories 2x a week? Seriously?? That's not even enough calories to fill one day let alone a week. If you think that isn't starving yourself than I feel horrible for you.
    You sound like a whiner. Nobody here is going to support starving yourself. You are weak and obviously don't care about yourself. If you did than you wouldn't be Starving yourself and killing your body. If you want and help from us than you need to make an educated and assertive effort to change your habits. Quite honestly I nor anyone else will want to read your complaining otherwise.

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm serious. It is absolutely a fad. If it works for you, that's great, I don't think it's bad or wrong. but it's also not the One True Way We Were All Meant To Eat.

There is a One True Way We Were All Meant To Eat?

Just because 5:2 is not for you, doesn't mean you should refer to it as a fad.

Read up on it a bit more first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
  • LizMaddPear
    LizMaddPear Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Duplicate- meant to quote but hit the wrong button.
  • LizMaddPear
    LizMaddPear Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 days of 500 cals., 5 days of normal eating, as long as one doesn't go overboard with an 'I can eat anything I want on these days!' mindset. It apparently works wonderfully for some people but not so well for others- can't imagine it's much good for people who have very physically active working days, but desk-sitters (like me!) can easily manage it. One low-cal day in two or three isn't going to result in actual starvation, let alone damage. Unless there's an underlying medical issue, of course.
    500 calories 2x a week? Seriously?? That's not even enough calories to fill one day let alone a week. If you think that isn't starving yourself than I feel horrible for you.

• 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. just have more motivation $ patience $ knowledge about fat loss
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many diets, I dont have the discipline, I LOVE food that is bad for me, it makes me feel full in a different way to anything else.

I will just always be fat, there is no other option for me.

I have been trying this 5:2 diet, I got so hungry and found a galaxy bar and ate it at about 4pm

I've also had a bowl of granola and a yogurt and a banana today.

well over my 500 calories, so I have basically been hungry all day for no reason what so ever.

I give up, this is the end of my weight loss journey because I am just not good enough and I never ever will be.

Off to throw away my 'skinny' clothes.
    Not sure what you are looking for here. Stay in the fight? Or perhaps, you can do this? Either way, its simple. Just do it. If you want to lose weight eat less than your TDEE. Its that simple.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Ummm.... you do realize that she would be eating at TDEE for the other 5 days, therefore creating the exact same deficit in calories as she would if she reduced her calories daily. It's not starvation or starving. Perhaps taking a look at the facts before shooting off.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Or you could make small healthy choices over time. All or nothing never works. Start by eating all the calories you need to maintain your current weight according to the fitnesspal settings (mine is currently 1850) and add some daily exercise, but don't include the exercise into your daily total, you'll need to save them for the days you screw up. Figure out what your triggers are, when you get hungry so you know when to eat, what you can' t live without (chocolate? Wine on Sat. Night?), how to add lower calorie higher bulk foods into your diet like veggies and fruit, etc. It takes time. There is no short term fix that will stick.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    2 days of 500 cals., 5 days of normal eating, as long as one doesn't go overboard with an 'I can eat anything I want on these days!' mindset. It apparently works wonderfully for some people but not so well for others- can't imagine it's much good for people who have very physically active working days, but desk-sitters (like me!) can easily manage it. One low-cal day in two or three isn't going to result in actual starvation, let alone damage. Unless there's an underlying medical issue, of course.

I work a physical job, I also workout daily, actual fast days are better workout days for most.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I would want to quit too if I had to eat only 500 calories a day. Even if it is for two days a week. I've lost 30 pounds eating what I want, just in smaller portions. You have to find that sweet spot for you. The right balance that you're comfortable with and your body's comfortable with. Something you can live with forever. It takes trial and error but I can guarantee you this, you won't be successful if you quit.
  • comingsize12
    comingsize12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't give up perhaps the 5;2 diet is not for you. In fact 500 calories is extremely low. You have to keep your head up and keep fighting. I've been trying to loss weight after giving birth 16 years ago. I have ups and downs but I am now determined to loss this weight. You can do this, we can do it with you. Try something else maybe 1200 calories a day, maybe even 1500 but don't give ....you can't
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Give up????? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on now.... Pick yourself up off the floor, and get back on it! We all have bad days, take it as that... Tomorrow is a new day, if the 5:2 diet is not for you (certainly not for me as I love to eat) then try something else - I follow TDEE/BMR guidelines and it works!!! I eat approx 1800 cals per day and losing weight! xx
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to see a therapist. Its very easy for people to stand back and tell you that you "don't want it enough" or "you are making it too complicated". Weight loss begins between your ears.

You have to like yourself enough to think you are worth it. Who wants to get instructions from someone they don't really like?

You will get there. You're here.

LEGIT.
  • FixIngMe14
    Options
    Why in the world are you DIETING in the first place?

:( This just saddens me.

Finding out your TDEE is first and foremost. And you gotta EAT
    to lose weight!

Odd concept... yes I know.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Not being a failure is my new priority

If you stop trying, you have failed. This is so sad to read your words about always being fat. Look at you = lost 22 kg already? :flowerforyou:

Go read some of the success stories, see what they did and ate, how they felt, and they kept on trying. We all have days (well I do!) where we eat badly - but next day we get up and start a new day, aiming to eat well, get some exercise, log everything. Every day that you try is a win.

I must admit I don't like this 5:2 "diet"- better to eat your proper calories on a daily basis, hopefully using good nourishing foods, every day.