Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ September '10 ~

124»

Replies

• Thanks Jam & Barbie! :flowerforyou:
    Im not sure how much weight I gained back in the past 2 months. I havent wanted to go anywhere near a scale yet! :ohwell: I have been doing pretty good with my eating this week, so I think I will be brave & see how much damage I have done on Monday. Weighing myself seems to be the only way to really hold myself accontable for what I eat. Once I stop seeing the # go up (or down) I just dont care and start over eating again. Thats why I like to give myself a weekly weigh in day. I havent been logging or exercising yet. Trying to get back into it all, but starting out slow with getting the eating under control again. Boy is it an uphill battle!!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Hi all,

I made it to the Y and did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer at lvl 2. I worked up a real sweat, but not sure how many calories I burned.

My goal is to up a lvl every other time until I get to lvl 5 and then hang there for a while.

Have a great evening.

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Hi all,

I did the GutNBut today already. The marching is too easy now so I've switched that up to bicycle kicks. I could sure feel the difference. Yesterday I used 5 pound weights for my arm exercises and I can feel that too.

Barbie - I hope you have a good time on your retreat. I think your post might have motivated me to find time to work outside this weekend even if just for 5 minutes.

Have a great Saturday all,

Jeannie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I did a triathlon this weekend and they mark your race number on your hands and arm (and your age on your calf -- how rude is that??!!). When I held out my hands, the body-marking gal said "whoa, those are tiny". That was fun. :happy: Sometimes it's nice to be fun sized.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: the weekend retreat was wonderful.....we slept in cabins, walked around the lake, did line dancing and zumba in addition to the spiritual activities.....I didn't log my food and ate a lot more peanut butter and toast and cashews, almonds, and peanuts than I should have.....the scale was up three pounds this morning but going out to Subway for dinner might have been part of the problem

:flowerforyou: I got home early enough on Sunday to go the monthly three hour line dance party....I was exhausted by the end of the day.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Finally got the courage to get on the scale this morning...horrible, horrible, horrible! :sad: I knew i gained weight, but i wasnt expecting that much! I am...ughh...148.2. :noway: :noway: I was 142.0 before I took the break from Mfp. Thats more than when I first joined Mfp last October. When I joined I was 145. This is why I NEED mfp. I get out of control without it! I swore I would never be one of those people to gain the weight back after I lost it. But now I see how fast & easy that can happen!! So I updated my ticker and I am ready to get back at it (again!). I guess there is nothing I can do except keep dusting myself off after I fall off the horse & get back on! (And try harder not to fall off again!). Mentally preparing myself to start working out again starting monday! Hope you all have a good day.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    jzbaby,

I backslid, too. I lost weight for my wedding and then I let life get in the way. The frustrating thing is that I know what I need to do to lose the weight, but I don't always do it. The great thing is that MFP is always here, always free, and there are always people to support you. It helps me to know that other people go through some of the same struggles.

Good luck to you!
  • *Marilla- It is frustrating to know the right things to do and do the wrong thing anyway! Lets start makin the right choices again! I know that seeing how much I gained was the kick in the butt I needed to really start trying again. I started logging my food again today. I havent done that in a long time!

*My goal of the week is: Continue logging all my food everyday & Drink lots of water.
    When I was losing, it helped so much to set a goal for myself for the week!!
  • jam0525
    Mac - Your post made me giggle.

Barbie - Welcome back.

JZ and Marilla - Count me in. Let's do this.

I finally put an end date on when I want to be at goal: January 5, 2011. I want to be at 135 by then. It will be tough, but I'm going to give it my best try. Once I get there I will probably lower my goal to 130, but first I want to hit my original goal.

As some of you may remember my kids bought me size 8 capris for my birthday in May. Well, I am wearing them today. I can hardly breath in them, but I thought putting them on is a way to kick start my commitment.

Have a great day,

JAM (Jeannie)
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jeannie, I've known you for awhile and I'm convinced that you can reach your goal.....you have all the skills and the willingness to succeed.....I'll be cheering for you.

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, getting back to those good habits will get you back on the weight loss trail.....you can do it.

:flowerforyou: Marila, I was slim for my wedding in 1989 and then gained a ton of weight and didn't do anything about it until 2009.......you can do better than that.....starting today you'll get rid of that early marriage weight and never let it come back.

:flowerforyou: MacMadame, how great it must have felt to have someone call you "tiny" after the amazing weight loss journey you've been on.....and how awesome that you are competing in triathlons. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Choco, I'll bet you're busy but still finding time for those outstanding workouts that you do :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: After two out of town trips and another one coming up this weekend, we decided to do a cleanse today....I was fine except for getting a little lightheaded while carrying rocks across the yard this afternoon......I decided that was too strenuous and quit the yard work and took the dogs to the dog park instead. now I'm doing laundry and tending to computer chores...
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Good morning everyone,

Barbie, thank you for the words of support. I really appreciate them.

I did my new arm exercises this morning along with the GutNBut. I've picked 3 other arm exercises to go with the one the ortho said I had to do. I'm doing the 45 reps on the 'one', but just 10 reps on the others as the instructions that came with the weights said to start off with. Next week I will up the other exercises to 20 reps.

Well, here comes my mom and her walker, so I will cut this off now.

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Hi all,

Do we want to let this forum ride for a while or start a new one for October?

I keep hoping we will get a few more members.

Let me know what you think.

Jeannie
  • Jam- Prob a good idea to start a new one for october. Seems to always get a few new people interested in the group :wink:
  • barbiecat
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: we are four hours away from home at an event that will last all weekend....we have wifi at the hotel but we'll be busy and I'd rather be walking than sitting at the computer so I'll skip logging food and exercise for the weekend but continue to be vigilant.

:drinker: I like the idea of starting a new thread for October.....it feels like a new beginning, a chance to make a fresh start, and we may gather some new members.

:drinker: now it's time to go outside and see what the possibilities are for taking a walk
    :heart: :heart:
  • jam0525
    Here is the link to the new thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/124090-fit-fun-sized-group-october-10

btw - nice new picture JZ. Barbie, I hope you have some fun at your event.

Choco - I hope all is well and settling down at your job.

Jeannie
This discussion has been closed.