Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are reading into it too much. I'm not sure why you would want to run in that kind of temperature. He sound concerned for you not trying to sabotage.

People who let things like extremely low temperatures stop them from running are quitters.

Exactly!

Don't be a quitter OP!
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

If you're running in Detroit you might want to carry a SIG Sauer P250 or something. Possibly an M-60.

I live in Detroit. True story! :laugh:

Go minigun or go home ;) Might need a running partner,, or three, to hump the ammo though
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
    Did you not read? He told her to put on a coat! He doesn't want her to run in just a sports bra. This is only the beginning.

Honestly, I think a guy who cares about his wife enough to tell her to put a coat or a shirt on before running out in -40 weather, be it because he's concerned or because he doesn't want guys seeing her is a lot better than a guy who doesn't care what his wife does. She said he doesn't do it every time, just when she's in a sport's bra. He doesn't want other guys looking at his wife -he cares about her-. I don't see what's so bad about that?? I know there's a thin line between being a control freak and being caring. But is he telling her not to run outside at all?
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

If you're running in only a sports bra in -40F weather, you're a moron .

YOU"RE MEAN!
  • Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    If I'm running in -40 weather, it's definitely because I'm being chased by a serial killer. Otherwise...NFW
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    All I know is running in -40 is insane. I'd suggest a coat too.

running when its just 20 outside is crazy to me! WEAR A COAT!!!!
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I hear you, my gym opened late this morning so I said I guess I'll just go into work an hour late - and he says oh no don't do that! Men :P
  • Julettashane
    Options
    If I'm running in -40 weather, it's definitely because I'm being chased by a serial killer. Otherwise...NFW

true story
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am assuming this is one of those fake posts to get reactions. But just in case:

Really? The guy mentions putting on a coat or hat because of the low temps and you think he's not being supportive. Come on already! He didn't tell you not to run, he suggested you dress for the weather. Sounds like a caring, attentive husband to me. :huh:
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    All I know is running in -40 is insane. I'd suggest a coat too.

running when its just 20 outside is crazy to me! WEAR A COAT!!!!

I ran a race on New Years in 20F.
    I overheated and had to take a layer off.
    Really considered running the last mile in just a tank top.
    But then I had too much to carry...
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I see no problem in running in -40 weather. Just remember when you pass my house come inside and we'll cuddle naked to get you warm again before you go home to that abusive husband.
  • starbuxlvr2014
    Options
    I cant tell if this a bad attempt at humor or what...
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

QFT
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why your all calling me a moron and idiot.. I was looking for help because I want to EXERSIZE.. Isn't that what this site is for?? How do I delete this??
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

If you're running in only a sports bra in -40F weather, you're a moron .

I bet penguins jog in -40 without tops. Are you saying penguins are morons?
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I hear you, my gym opened late this morning so I said I guess I'll just go into work an hour late - and he says oh no don't do that! Men :P

This guy is dead weight! Good lord, drop him before he turns you into one of those bedridden fat sacks you see on TLC.
  • Julettashane
    Options

Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

Good men are a prize. Sounds like he cares. Also, put a shirt on if he doesnt like you running in a sports bra. Small sacrifice if you ask me.

^^ this!!
    I don't understand running in a sports bra anyway....I like to have a shirt on hot or cold outside no matter the weather
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why your all calling me a moron and idiot.. I was looking for help because I want to EXERSIZE.. Isn't that what this site is for?? How do I delete this??

I thought this was a suport cite. Smdh @ all the RUDE ppl.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I cant tell if this a bad attempt at humor or what...
    Apparently, not the only one lol
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My husband said it was too cold and that he was worried!! Is he worried that I'm going to get too hot and leave him?? is this sabotage??
    He said honey you need to put on a coat and hat if your going to run in -40 windchill..

I'm really upset right now!! why doesn't my husband get my fitness journey?? any advice??

I think it's pretty obvious that he just wanted you to put a coat on
    If your going to make an issue out of being told to put a coat on with a -40 windchill then you really need to evaluate what's going on inside your head, seriously.
    Going out in -40 windchill without a coat is just bloody stupid.