Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    All I know is running in -40 is insane. I'd suggest a coat too.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

What's the difference?
    I think Michigan is more miserable.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    thank you!! I've been on here a long time and go in so many threads where people are very nice like would bang and 10/10..

But I don't know why I'm getting such hurtful comments.. I'm NOT practically Canadian..

Yes you are.
    Stop denying it.

Canadian are very nice apologetic people.........so I am sorry for someone calling you almost Canadian
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
    Did you not read? He told her to put on a coat! He doesn't want her to run in just a sports bra. This is only the beginning.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    thank you!! I've been on here a long time and go in so many threads where people are very nice like would bang and 10/10..

But I don't know why I'm getting such hurtful comments.. I'm NOT practically Canadian..

Yes you are.
    Stop denying it.

Canadian are very nice apologetic people.........so I am sorry for someone calling you almost Canadian

Since I'm only half Canadian, I'm only half sorry for calling you almost Canadian.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options

What's the difference?
    Wellllll but they do have Tim Hortons...
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My BF was the same way. It's too codl to run, you need a hat and gloves,you can't run barefoot in the snow, blah blah blah. Well, I showed him! After the doctor amputated my frostbitten feet and hands I hate definitely lost weight! SV!

Now if only I could convince him that we don't need to eat every.single.day. Ugh.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

What's the difference?

It is because there's no Tim Hortons.

Mmmm Timbits
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

What's the difference?

People from Michigan are more meaner, and people from Canadia are more colder. And penguins and such.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

What's the difference?

OMGOSH SO MANY MIND READERS
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
    It's terrible because he's telling her what to do. He's trying to manipulate her by showing "concern". She needs to get out. NOW.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options

What's the difference?

OMGOSH SO MANY MIND READERS
    RIGHT?
  • ElricX
    ElricX Posts: 1
    Options
    My wife has interpreted my wanting to get in shape as a mid-life crisis and attempt to find other women. I dunno what to make of it, I take it as a compliment on one hand but it causes arguments and resentment on the other.

I want to physically be fit while I still have some life in me. LOL. So, OP, I guess, upside is he cares enough to feel threatened still (as far as hassling you when you run in sports bra, or any other blocking type behavior, etc).

For the -40 thing, to paraphrase Sigmund Freud, sometimes a jacket is a jacket.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't read anything into it ... put another layer of clothing on and go for the run.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

What's the difference?

People from Michigan are more meaner, and people from Canadia are more colder. And penguins and such.

You are watching too much Hardcore Pawn. Those people are totes mean!!!
    All I know is that I live in So. IL and it feels damn near Canada right now, stupid winter!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

What's the difference?

Yeah, that sounds about right...
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

What's the difference?

PINGU is the SCHIZZZZZ!!!! (Moi Canadienne)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    If he wanted you to wear a coat, wear a coat.

Hell, at least he let you out of the kitchen.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't read anything into it ... put another layer of clothing on and go for the run.
    NO! If she gives in, the terrorists win!