Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

Good men are a prize. Sounds like he cares. Also, put a shirt on if he doesnt like you running in a sports bra. Small sacrifice if you ask me.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    Is this thread serious? It was -40 and he said if you're gonna run to bundle up and you think he's scared you'll get too hot?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgiN2YdqtA2JpM1UABDXAjBgcxlZJ7ELGcOdAJnzf2zGo3woA2rg

I can't tell either
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Cardio, just not necessary. Now if he ever tried to stop you lifting..... that would be a problem and you'd have to get a divorce.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ask him to pay you. :laugh: :drinker:

HAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    thank you!! I've been on here a long time and go in so many threads where people are very nice like would bang and 10/10..

But I don't know why I'm getting such hurtful comments.. I'm NOT practically Canadian..
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't like how some people are being really rude or discouraging. Telling this woman to break up or being rude about her husband isn't gonna help her!! She's not saying it's the end of the world, she's just having a little conflict and she wants help.
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    You could leave him for me!?

I won't care at all about your well being as long as you do certain things....

This is SO not true....

he told me he didn't want me running that I would get too hot....

so he built me a nice little padded 8 by 8 cell....I told him I STILL needed to run...so he put in a little hamster wheel type thingy...

now I can do what he tells me to AND run...AND not get too hot...or too cold....

and he gives me a nice protein shake every morning with my eggs....

mmmmm mmmmmm good.
  • LadyBenihime
    LadyBenihime Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he is genuinely worried.. it really doesn't sound like sabotage
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    thank you!! I've been on here a long time and go in so many threads where people are very nice like would bang and 10/10..

But I don't know why I'm getting such hurtful comments.. I'm NOT practically Canadian..

Yes you are.
    Stop denying it.
  • GoreWhore72
    Options
    I've never understood men who think it's okay to tell women what to do.

So, that's why I take Jiu Jitsu........ :laugh:
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hypothermia sounds like the perfect revenge!! Strap on that sports bra and get out there!
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A -40 wind chill is cause for concern for anyone doing anything outside. I would say that he was speaking from a point of caring about you. However, I will tell you what works in my house for anything, if you bring up a problem then offer a solution. Even if the solution is not accepted. At least it takes out the thought of sabotage.
  • Focusisfab
    Options
    This example looks like a legitimate concern to me. Dying on the wrong battlefield here. Some arguments are just not worth the energy or emotion,
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

What's the difference?
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Should we encourage her to remain in such a terrible marriage? We CARE about her!

But how did you decide her marriage was terrible? I mean yeah a guy shouldn't be stopping his wife from doing what she loves (especially exercising) but from what I understood (maybe I got it wrong) he doesn't do it every time, and this incident it was -40 outside when she wanted to go running. How does this make her marriage terrible?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he wants a traditional sub/Dom thing with you. First he tells you what to wear on your runs, next thing you know, he'll hand you money at some point to buy him a beer or something.

Stand your ground, OP. Coat today, dungeon tomorrow.
  • GoreWhore72
    Options
    You could leave him for me!?

I won't care at all about your well being as long as you do certain things....

This is SO not true....

he told me he didn't want me running that I would get too hot....

so he built me a nice little padded 8 by 8 cell....I told him I STILL needed to run...so he put in a little hamster wheel type thingy...

now I can do what he tells me to AND run...AND not get too hot...or too cold....

and he gives me a nice protein shake every morning with my eggs....

mmmmm mmmmmm good.

HAHAHHAHAHAAHHA!!!! Sounds sweet. The protein shake handed to you with your eggs.
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Honestly.. It sounds to me like he was being genuine in his concern. However, if there is a history of your husband trying to talk you out of your workouts then yes, sabotage. Which sucks... Spouses, partners, family should all be on board with your journey. Oh, I imagine he gets it, he probably feels threatened by your success.. Is he fit and healthy or are you leaving him behind in that department?
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

yeah, that's basically Canada.

I was gonna say this!!

Sabotage!

I read your mind.