Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    OP, sounds to me like your husband is hating and jealous of your journey to fitness. He's obviously trying to sabotage you by making you wear a coat, everybody knows being warm burns less calories and you won't loose any weight.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've seen you help others on here for martial problems before, and i finally need it..

I was going to go running today.. My husband said it was too cold and that he was worried!! Is he worried that I'm going to get too hot and leave him?? is this sabotage?? I told him that I'm my own woman and I'm doing this for me!! He said honey you need to put on a coat and hat if your going to run in -40 windchill.. But I read that running increases your body temp anyway, so i told him to check the science. plus being cold burns more calories!!

I'm really upset right now!! why doesn't my husband get my fitness journey?? any advice??

If you see him being worried about you running in -40 wind chill, then I must say that the problem is you, not him. Replying that you are your own woman, smacks of immaturity to me. If something were to happen, would you want him to leave you alone.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just break up. You know that's the only answer here.
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Coats and hats; a subtle ploy to keep the female populace in check; bras were only invented as a distraction to our true goal of Coats and hats.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Is this thread serious? It was -40 and he said if you're gonna run to bundle up and you think he's scared you'll get too hot?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgiN2YdqtA2JpM1UABDXAjBgcxlZJ7ELGcOdAJnzf2zGo3woA2rg
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Also not canadian lol! I live in michigan!

yeah, that's basically Canada.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

If you're running in Detroit you might want to carry a SIG Sauer P250 or something. Possibly an M-60.
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    From what I see he's just concerned about you.... maybe the way he was talking said something else, but from what you told us I think he's just concerned about you.
    If you feel he's being over protective talk to him about it and try to understand why he's doing that.

If he only does it when you're out in a sport's bra then I think he doesn't want other guys seeing you.... but then you know your husband best.

Edit: running in -40 doesn't really sound good, btw. You'll get warm but not warm ENOUGH, -40 is pretty cold and I live in Chicago so I know xD

Sorry if I sounded rude or anything!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    M-60 surely. Anything else is just not good enough.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

Does he try to feed you hot liquids when you get back? Sounds like he's going to sabotage you no matter what you do. Time to call a lawyer.
  • shall1112
    Options
    obviously you married a selfish a-hole. Kick him to the curb :drinker:
  • Buck_Commander
    Options
    Better watch out...next thing you know he will be advising you to put some gas in your car before you head out on a road trip.

He's just a hater....
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    thanks for some help and no thanks to the rude people on here attacking me!!

He doesn't do it every time, just when i go out running in a sports bra.. I think he doesn't want others to see me?? I only started running since new years.

I agree he doesn't get "it" . And science has proven you burn more calories when you run in your sport bra .
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, as much as I hate to do it, I agree with the husband here.

Put on a coat woman. Or a jacket or for goodness sakes a shirt.

Personal Opinion.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

yeah, that's basically Canada.

I was gonna say this!!

Sabotage!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ask him to pay you. :laugh: :drinker:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    He's a control freak. Get out now!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Ask him to pay you. :laugh: :drinker:

:heart:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, as much as I hate to do it, I agree with the husband here.

Put on a coat woman. Or a jacket or for goodness sakes a shirt.

Personal Opinion.

No, the boobs must be free!!!!