No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and healthy. You also look fit and intimidating so I agree with the others that its jealousy and also people struggle with their own weight problems so sometimes complimenting someone emphasizes their struggle and makes them feel insecure.

An example of how jealous people can really be is a situation I experienced with a friend that happened a few months ago. When I was near the 50 pounds lost mark, a "friend" that I see often told me that I was GAINING weight. When you're 5'1 where every pound matters and lose 50 pounds theres no way one would appear to be gaining weight. I just goes to show you how mean, jealous and unsupportive people can really be.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! I can't believe that no one has said anything! You can definatley tell! Keep up the awesome work! You are an inspiration to alot of us on here. So SMILE :wink:
  • awak3ned
    Options
    They must be blind if you think no one has noticed. Good for you! You look great!
  • susan12c2001
    susan12c2001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There is a difference and I am sure they noticed. Honestly I think people don't comment on men losing weight as much as they do women. Sure that doesn't help but remember you did the work, be proud and I am sure folks will notice.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    No comments, or compliments. :-( Probably because you look like a different person now and can't be recognized as the overweight one you were.

Keep up the good work!
  • zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What?! You look amazing well done
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    sorry no one has noticed friend but you look great and congratualations
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well I am doing really well. I feel good and think I look better. I am close to 25 pounds down, another 25 and I will be very happy with myself. I am just a bit bummed no one has commented. So now I look to you guys.. ha. I am not that concerned because I do this for myself, but some positive comments would be nice to see. How long does that take? Or do people just not want to say anything? Or just not that noticeable yet? thanks folks!

Apparently I can't read as my topic suggests.. Yikes.

32385725_7689.jpg

Wow! You look great and I cannot believe you haven't received any kudos! keep up the good work and share your tips if you have them:)
  • tammyjane42
    Options
    It is very noticeable, you should be proud and like someone else said on here, it may be you are around the same people all the time and it is just normal for them. But you look great keep up the good work!!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Anyone who honestly hasn't noticed might be a little crazy. You look great!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I see a huge change, I would have guessed you lost a lot more than 25 pounds. Maybe guys are less likely to comment on something like that and girls just don't want to say anything that might offend?
  • jayclock
    jayclock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well done. You are a similar build to me. And face shape. I can certainly notice it, but having reduced from 231lb (105kg) to a current 198 (90kg) I can afford to wear much slimmer fitting clothes. You look like the clothing is still loose and baggy to hide the weight, which of course is no longer necessary. A snugger fitting t shirt and skinnier jeans will make a visual 15lb drop on how others see you.
  • slymgym56
    Options
    Well done the photo shows a big differnece. I know what you feel like though I lost 3 stone and no one said a word and it was very noticable but as you say I am doing it for myself so what the heck keep the good work up.

Alison
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a HUGE difference! You look so healthy now!

I don't know why nobody has said anything, but I do remember one time I commented on my bf's friend's weight loss and I was like "you look great!" and he was like "I don't feel great, I have Crohn's disease and that's why I dropped so many pounds"

Oops... :(
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look terrific!

I'm not sure why no one has said anything about it, there's definitely a difference. Maybe people are feeling awkward about saying anything to you? The only person who has said anything to me without it being a fitness related conversation is someone who's not afraid to say anything to anyone.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE has noticed! Sometimes people are shy about saying anything for fear it will come out sounding like, "You sure were fat ...." or something else. Two of my RL acquaintances have lost considerable weight, but I haven't mentioned it to them. Okay, when I see them this week, I'll tell them how great they're looking.

BTW, you look awesome! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ummm... REALLY?! You can completely see the difference! You look great! Keep it up.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's a huge difference, very noticeable! You are doing great. I've noticed it seems to be about 20 pds for people to start noticing it on me and at 25 pds more people start noticing. I'm guessing people may start commenting soon, they probably are starting to think it but not sure if they should say anything or not. It's harder for people to see the change when they see you every day, go see someone that hasn't seen you since before you started losing, they are going to be shocked! Well done to you and your hard work! You look so much happier now!
  • grammcaa
    grammcaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi congrats thats amazing i know you had to work to lose that much weight dont worry about others keep doing it for yourself
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It might be rude to comment on weight anytime to anyone. You lost weight equals, " you were so fat". Should we really give update status to people's weight and looks to their faces anytime? Doing it for yourself and how you feel and being happy and confident and a good person is what matters. The gift of health is first and foremost the motivator to be there for yourself and their for your friends and family as a fit person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!