No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• KateAnnS
    KateAnnS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look super! You might say you "sucked it in" for the picture, but you ca totally see a difference in your face too. Congrats on your success!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Seriously no one has said anything to you?
    You completely lost your gut!!!

Congratulations and keep on working! Looks to be a lot more than 25 lbs! No idea what you'll look like with another 25 down!
    This! I was thinking the exact same thing!

You have done a great job, congrats!
  • bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. People have to have noticed. If you hang around with mostly men then no man is really going to comment on your weight if they're the kind that are "manly" and will never comment on their other male friends appearances. I think you did amazingly. Not only did you shed pounds, but it looks like years off your life. Good work!!
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was down almost 25 last year. I did one thing for me, and it had unintended consequences. i went and bought some clothes that were out of my comfort zone. Tighter shirts, non-pleated tighter pants, more stylish and brighter colors. I couldn't get from one side of the work site to the other without people commenting. Try it.
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!

Some people just don't know how to come out and say that you have lost weight, especially if they have never had to do it themselves.
  • Appalachiacola
    Options
    I think it is a gender thing. Women who lose weight get more positive feedback then men who lose weight.
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    People are just scared to be wrong, and I am always a little sketched out by mentioning someone's weight to them unless it's been previously mentioned to me. "Hey, have you lost weight?" sounds more like "I noticed you were fat before" to me. So please don't take it to heart. You look great :)
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    People have noticed. It's very noticeable. It's just a dangerous topic, so people avoid talking about it.

I agree. People, such as neighbors I was not really close with and my apartment manager, didn't say anything about my weight until I was about 165 pounds. I started at 238 pounds. Some people commented on my weight, when I got to 191 pounds, like family and a few neighbors, but the neighbors I was closest with, didn't say anything at all to me. One still has never said anything to me, even though I know she notices that only half of me is around. My other neighbor has avoided me like the plague, since I now weigh less than she does. My dad didn't notice anything with my first 30 pounds either. Anyhow, I agree that it could be a dangerous topic because people may be hesitant to say anything, in case, you are losing weight due to a serious illness or cancer, so they might just look and not respond for a while. Others could be jealous or waiting to see what happens before they approach you about it.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well I am doing really well. I feel good and think I look better. I am close to 25 pounds down, another 25 and I will be very happy with myself. I am just a bit bummed no one has commented. So now I look to you guys.. ha. I am not that concerned because I do this for myself, but some positive comments would be nice to see. How long does that take? Or do people just not want to say anything? Or just not that noticeable yet? thanks folks!

Apparently I can't read as my topic suggests.. Yikes.

32385725_7689.jpg

They're jealous! Well done you look awesome :-DDD congratulations!
  • enlighted09
    enlighted09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. I am trying to get where you are. Your stomach is gone and your face is much thinner. Forget other people. :tongue: As long as you can toot your own horn, blast that thing as loud as you want. This is for you not them. Keep up the good work.
  • ScottishGirlXO
    ScottishGirlXO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look brilliant! Just by looking at your pictures you look so much happier & healthier.
    Great job - absolute inspiration. Keep the good work up!!!! :)
  • vjtadeo
    vjtadeo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL. :smile:
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well I am doing really well. I feel good and think I look better. I am close to 25 pounds down, another 25 and I will be very happy with myself. I am just a bit bummed no one has commented. So now I look to you guys.. ha. I am not that concerned because I do this for myself, but some positive comments would be nice to see. How long does that take? Or do people just not want to say anything? Or just not that noticeable yet? thanks folks!

Apparently I can't read as my topic suggests.. Yikes.

theyre jealous
    I agree!
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look really good you can definatly notice you have lost your stomach and your legs looks a lot smaller to. May be people think your ill and thats why they havnt mentioned it to you. Especially if you have lost the weight fast x
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I really can't imagine no one has noticed anything. The differences are very clear. Maybe no one dares to say anything? Like will he keep it off or if I say something I might upset him, or some people barely give compliments, etc... You doing absolutely great!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I cant believe no one has noticed. you have done so well. I know exactly how you feel as i too last year was waiting for the comments and all of a sudden they came in. Then I noticed how three close friends of mine hadnt said a word. Since then one of them has told me well done. The other two may never say anything as some people do not like too. i know that now but at the time it was frustrating. very well done on your hard work.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Looks way more than 25lbs, congrats you're looking great!
  • cloudylemonade
    cloudylemonade Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look so much happier and healthier! I'm guessing people haven't mentioned it as they may be slightly jealous or afraid of offending you in some way! Have you lost the weight over a long-ish period? I lost 21 lbs over a year and no one noticed or commented other than my mother and partner!! =) I think if you wore slimmer fitting trousers people would notice it even more =)
  • melysa39
    Options
    Not sure why no one has said anything. Huge difference!!
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well done you :happy: you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!