No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    R U kidding me. You look totally different. Great Job.
  • nomorebigdaddyo
    Options
    Really? That 25 pounds lost looks great on you? I can't believe nobody has said anything! Night and day to me. Good job!
  • apnovack
    Options
    Looking good! Not sure why no one has said anything....jealous? I would have said something!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    They notice.... you will notice that they look at you longer or glance at different parts of your body, the thing is they are afraid to say something. I get this all the time. It did take me about 30 lbs or so before someone said something to me and now I have lost 114 lbs and my boss and the other girl in my department have still said nothing to me about my weight loss, even though everyone else in my office talks about it all the time. I even get those 'you don't need to lose anymore' comments from other people. It is a touchy subject for some to bring up I guess, or like they are jealous and want to lose weight too, but haven't figured out how yet. I think you look amazing and your belly is defintely much slimmer, keep it up and you will get there. Just know it's for you not for them!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Completely sympathize, no one noticed until I hit 37 lbs and even then people thought I had only lost 15 lbs
  • DezSheMeetHerGoals
    Options
    I think that people generally do not comment on a guy's weight. They may find it weird or out of place. The truth is that you look fantastic and i am sure you feel fantastic, which is what really matters. Cheers to your weight loss and your taste in music!! Motorhead rocks!
  • NannerJo48
    Options
    I agree with nicolen220, there could be many reasons why people are not saying anything. Don't worry about them, you look great and keep it up as long as you are doing this for you and no one else.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    They probably dont notice because you look like a completely different guy!

Well done!
  • carolynfeola
    Options
    I'm with everyone -- you're doing an amazing job and I hope you're feeling fantastic! This is always what I say to people who've lost weight, not commenting on his/her body. It's IMO a better way to acknowledge the commitment and effort ---- the true thing that we want to be acknowledged for. And it really can't be taken offensively, like saying, "wow, you've lost SOOOOOO much weight" -- as if you're saying you thought the person was huge before. As much as I love how it feels to lose weight and of course how much thinner I look, I am one of those people that is horrified and feels terribly self-conscious if someone comments on my weight. It's so funny, those of us who don't want the body comments are the ones that get them, and those of us who want the acknowledgement don't get enough! :)
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Big difference! Awesome job.
  • NannerJo48
    Options
    Way to go Nicole on 114, you look fantastic. I am up to 90 lbs lost right now and it is amazing the different responses you get from different people. I also was told to stop cuz I was " losing too much" but you have to do what you feel is right. Now I am trying to shrink my skin cuz I have this clump of saggy skin as I was big for 30+ years.. Suggestions anyone?
  • cmasonrock
    cmasonrock Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your an inspiration my friend!
    Keep up the great work!!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It's definitely noticeable. Maybe with guys it's less of a topic of conversation. Even for me as a woman, I've noticed that people are hesitant to say anything. They kind of start to say I look great/lost weight, and I make a point of saying that I've been working on it. Often people are worried that it's because you've been sick, so they don't want to be like, "you look GREAT as you battle this medical condition." As soon as I tell them that it's been intentional, they get all relieved and happy for me. (But I'm still not the one to bring it up--I only clarify if they comment.)

Even at my physical last week, I went to see a new doctor, and I made a point to tell him that I lost weight *intentionally* recently. He still questioned me to make sure it was on purpose and not due to something medical. (Now, he doesn't know me or what I've been up to at all, but a part of me was offended that he didn't think I did it. I thought, "I've worked darn hard for this--NO, it's not due to a medical condition!")
  • jennybauer
    Options
    Your gut is totally gone!! You look great. Keep up the terrific work!!
  • brazosrider
    Options
    Seriously noticeable! Maybe they are just jealous. I've been blessed with church family who seem to comment every week. Even my noticed. You are doing great!! Don't let their not noticing drag you down. Maybe they are unhappy with themselves or too self absorbed to realize how much you have lost. It will happen sooner or later but don't let it get you bummed.
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can certainly notice. You are looking great, keep it up.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Are you hanging out with visually impaired people?!!!?

You look A M A Z I N G

So so well done and congratulations!!!!

What a great achievement.

Ok, this seriously made me laugh this morning!
    Guys, when I first posted this, I was just looking for some honest compliments. You guys have blown me away! I was so pumped last night I could barely sleep. Thank you all so much. I had no idea you people would be so inspirational to me! I feel GREAT this morning! I can't say thank you enough!
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    It's definitely noticeable. Maybe with guys it's less of a topic of conversation. Even for me as a woman, I've noticed that people are hesitant to say anything. They kind of start to say I look great/lost weight, and I make a point of saying that I've been working on it. Often people are worried that it's because you've been sick, so they don't want to be like, "you look GREAT as you battle this medical condition." As soon as I tell them that it's been intentional, they get all relieved and happy for me. (But I'm still not the one to bring it up--I only clarify if they comment.)

Even at my physical last week, I went to see a new doctor, and I made a point to tell him that I lost weight *intentionally* recently. He still questioned me to make sure it was on purpose and not due to something medical. (Now, he doesn't know me or what I've been up to at all, but a part of me was offended that he didn't think I did it. I thought, "I've worked darn hard for this--NO, it's not due to a medical condition!")

I have my physical next month, and I can't wait to hop up on that scale as my doc always mentions that I need to lose some of that belly.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look great!!

I am sure people have noticed, in fact everyone that knows you has. There could be two things going on here:

1) They are JEALOUS! Some people do not like complimenting the hard work of others because they themselves need to lose weight or are not happy with their own bodies.

2) It is hard to say "you look amazing, you've lost weight!" sometimes because that is implying that the person did not look amazing before the weight loss. It is difficult to find the right words without saying you used to be fat and now you are not, so some people tend to just keep their mouth shuts in fear of insulting you.

Regardless of what people say or think, you should be proud of yourself!
  • willdb76
    Options
    Clearly noticeable in your face, as well as your gut. Well done!

Sometimes guys are a bit reluctant to comment on another guy's appearance (hence the reason for the phrase 'no homo!', and people might also be worried about saying the wrong thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!