No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You look like you've lost even more weight than you have. Your guy friends probably won't say anything because it's apparently a thing that guys won't compliment other guys. My dad lost a little weight but it was really obvious in his face, and the first thing people asked him was if he was sick because he'd been at the same weight for years. It's a weird thing.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You're looking great and there is a huge difference for sure. Maybe if you're around the same people every day, they don't notice because the change is gradual. Hit up some people you haven't seen in a few months! I'm sure they'll notice off the bat. Keep it up!

This is so true! Sometimes people can tell something has changed but they can't tell what. It might also do you well to go shopping for something in a style that shows off your new physique. I have noticed that a lot of people just wear the same baggy style in a smaller size when they lose weight. It's not flattering at any size. Show us what you got! :)
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I find myself being the contrarian yet again.

Dude, you are the only one who was stressing about your looks, so you are the only who to whom the change is important. Other people notice your personality, and that hasn't changed. You are still as friendly, helpful, rude, or sarcastic as before. So unless you have also undergone a personality change -- if you became *****y because you don't get enough to eat, or if you became helpful because it is now easier for you to get up and move around -- there's little reason to expect people to notice.

If your interactions with other people have not changed, why would their interactions with you have changed?
  • AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    That is a HUGE change! I don't know why so many people don't say anything. I have lost about 55lbs. and very few people mention it!!!! It IS upsetting when you have been working so hard at it for months, but we just have to remember the reasons we are doing it, and make sure we have plenty of small goals that we reach often to remind us that we ARE getting somewhere!!! Seriously though, you can tell BIG TIME that you have lost a lot of weight. No worries there - it's working!!!!! :)
  • Efleury8001
    Efleury8001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticeable. In fact I think the pictures look like more than a 25lb difference. Congrats!

People often don't give compliments for many reasons but that doesn't mean they didn't notice or even say something like "Boy so-and-so really lost some weight huh?" to someone else. Also, I don't know where you live but it might be that it isn't as noticeable if you are now normally wearing bulky winter clothes.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow your doing amazing maybe you need to kick them in the butt
  • red869
    red869 Posts: 59
    Options
    There is a huge difference; well done on the loss!! I'm certain people have noticed but maybe don't want to comment in case they offend you in some way.

I've lost 29 lbs and so far only one person has commented. I personally can tell that I've lost a fair bit of weight, if others don't see it, then it doesn't really bother me!
  • Alicestella54
    Alicestella54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous ! Hold your head up high and strut your stuff !!!! Believe me they notice:flowerforyou: !..
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Big difference and you look great. Keep at it! :flowerforyou:
  • Alicestella54
    Alicestella54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous ! Hold your head up high and strut your stuff !!!! Believe me they notice:flowerforyou: !..
  • Mongaof9
    Mongaof9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference! You look young.er already . They will notices. Make sure you keear cloths that fit. You look great! Keep it up!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticeable!! I'd be a bit bummed too. Keep it up, you look great!! :drinker:
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Definately noticable - great job! No offense, but you look like a "big guy" - meaning tall and you carry your weight well so the change can be less noticable to people around you every day.
    I went through the same thing - people who were around me every day really did not say anything until I had lost about 45 lbs, and then a lot of comments - but people who comment now still think I weight about 35 lbs less than I really do.
  • DiamondDust75
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! People are stupid. Keep up the hard work, it's definitely working!
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look great - hang in there, people will notice in time. I asked a couple of people I trust directly about this, and they honestly had noticed but didn't want to make a big deal about it to spare my feelings.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but my closer friends and family have said it's because I look mean. People can sometimes interpret your facial expression or assume you will react badly towards their comments.

I'm not a mean person. I'm actually really kind to people! But I have frown face if I'm not thinking about my facial expression.

YOU LOOK GREAT BY THE WAY!!!! :)
  • YesIAre
    YesIAre Posts: 15
    Options
    That 25 pounds made a HUGE difference! Not even looking at the gut, compare the faces in both pictures! Wow! Great job! Lookin' good!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You look great and more youthful. Don't be hard on people who are closest to you, there may be a valid reason as to why they have not acknowledged it.

I wish you continued success on your healthy lifestyle.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's a HUGE diff--especially the stomach. It surprises me that no one has noticed.

Well, it HAS been noticed now. CONGRATS! Looks like more than 25 pounds!!
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look great! People have noticed but with men a lot of people are afraid to comment. Did he want to lose the weight? As others have said people are just afraid to comment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!