Restaurant Pet Peeves

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    NO, I am not mean like you are. I also wouldn't force someone to have something they don't want.

Nobody is forcing anything on you, they are simply setting a harmless glass of water on your table.

You mean at the restaurants you go to they don't hold your head back and pour the water down your throat??? Man, I go to the wrong places.
  • ceruleanjen
    Options
    I've never personally experienced this but I read somewhere that a group of people from a church went for Sunday lunch after their services. When the waiter came to their table, one woman said, "I want to tell you beforehand that we will not be tipping you because we don't believe in working on Sundays."

If you don't believe in working on Sundays, then don't go out to eat on Sundays and then waiters won't need to work on Sundays!!!! :grumble: I have no problems with what people believe but don't cop the "holier than thou" attitude. You earn 0 points that way ...

THere was a pastor who had a large group go out to a restaurant after sunday church and when the bill came she saw there was 18% grat added because it was a large party, so she croseed it out and put "I give god 10% what makes you think you deserve 18%" and stiffed the server. The server posted it on facebook or something like that, then the pastor found out, called applebees and demanded they fire that server, which they did, then so many people boycotted that applebees until they hired the girl back lol

Geez! Sadly it does seem like a lot of religious people are like that.:-/ I've only really known one person to tip well. He was a pastor and if he was eating at the same place you were and saw you, he would secretly pay your bill AND tip. Need more people like that.

We were once at this Chinese place we love and this "Christian" woman was bragging about all the trips she'd been on and how Christian she was, blah blah blah and then left no tip for our waitress. When the woman left the waitress was almost in tears saying she'd waiting 2 HOURS on that woman. We were pretty pissed so we ended up leaving her like a 60% tip because she was an awesome waitress and it infuriated us that the woman with money for trips didn't leave a single cent. Hate people like that.
  • ceruleanjen
    Options
    The little butt head child behind you constantly kicking the seat with their feet and their dumb *kitten* parents not doing a damn thing about it.

:mad:

I had one of those little trolls on a plane behind me once, on a long flight when I was already in a great deal of pain. The mother, even after my asking politely, glared at me and did nothing to control her whelp. I wanted to turn around, grab that f'ing brat and throw it across the cabin.

I love kids but it's so sad when you encounter ones like that and the parents act as if it's your fault. It's come to the point to where if we encounter a child that behaves or at least a parent that tries, we tell them how much we appreciate that.
  • Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    The little butt head child behind you constantly kicking the seat with their feet and their dumb *kitten* parents not doing a damn thing about it.

:mad:

I had one of those little trolls on a plane behind me once, on a long flight when I was already in a great deal of pain. The mother, even after my asking politely, glared at me and did nothing to control her whelp. I wanted to turn around, grab that f'ing brat and throw it across the cabin.

I love kids but it's so sad when you encounter ones like that and the parents act as if it's your fault. It's come to the point to where if we encounter a child that behaves or at least a parent that tries, we tell them how much we appreciate that.

I'm 6'5". If a kid is kicking my chair behind me, it's somehow my fault because the kid is a sweet little angel. The person in front of me is physically incapable of leaning his seat back, because my knees are jammed into a space 3 inches to small, so I get blamed for their discomfort, nevermind the fact that it leans back all of 2 degrees. I've had the person in front of me complain that I won't let them lean the seat back. The flight attendants demanded I allow them to lean back, and when I stood up, the solution was to upgrade the people in front to first class.

It's not just kids that suck. People suck in general. Especially on airplanes.