I've lost 45 lbs in 3 months on this special diet!

Options

Replies

• 86myHeadache
    86myHeadache Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A great post to end my day on. Congrats and Thanks :drinker:
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    awesome possum....keep countin'!:wink:
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with everything Dr. Oz says, but I assume he knows diet is implicated in cancer, sure it is also better to be thin and to exercise, but if you never eat vegetables, that is really bad for you. I always think diet (as in what you eat every day) and nutrition, nutrition is just as important.

People die of cancer every day who have eaten vegetables and were thin their whole lives...

Then again, my wife has taken care (in home) of seniors in their 90's who eat bacon and eggs with buttered white toast and drink coffee with sugar and cream every day.

Btw, I like vegetables and fruit too, and try to incorporate them into my diet (as in what I eat) every day. ;-)
  • Nascha333
    Options
    MFP set up my daily caloric needs at 2,190 a day at the start for a projected 2 lb per week loss. It's a 2,060 a day now. I went over that number 1 time in the first 90 days.

Today was going to be one of those days but then i came back to read your post and how you said in those 90 days you had went over once. It is what i struggle with most i think. I make progress and then ease off for a day or two i guess because i feel like i've done so good. Instead, i decided to turn today around and work off those extra calories so that i still stay within goal. I need to keep consistant if i'm going to continue to see results like you have. Hopefully in the next 90 days i too will stay within goal more than i have in the past. thank you for the inspiration!
  • CCalhounNelms
    Options
    You Go, you should be very proud of yourself going through the Holidays and all....maybe I'll try that.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love your diet! Same "plan"here.. Not as fast but a good comfy steady one... Good luck to you and me too... Cant wait to see progress pics... If you up to it ,post it please!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    People die of cancer every day who have eaten vegetables and were thin their whole lives...

Then again, my wife has taken care (in home) of seniors in their 90's who eat bacon and eggs with buttered white toast and drink coffee with sugar and cream every day.

Btw, I like vegetables and fruit too, and try to incorporate them into my diet (as in what I eat) every day. ;-)
    I am not saying it doesn't happen, go read on the American Cancer Society website, if you drill down to risk factors and how to prevent cancers, you will see every one recommends more fruits and vegetables, some say limit red meat (like colon cancer), etc. They have some good stats to back this up with.
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    By eating whatever I "choose" to eat, keeping and daily logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and getting in some modest to moderate exercise a few times a week, I managed to lose 15 lbs a month from 10/21/13 to 01/21/14.

MFP set up my daily caloric needs at 2,190 a day at the start for a projected 2 lb per week loss. It's a 2,060 a day now. I went over that number 1 time in the first 90 days.

I've managed to lose thus far through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, college football bowl games, birthday parties, New Years and NFL playoff games ;-)

At times, I've eaten hamburgers, fish & chips, fried chicken, burritos, steak, pasta, cake & chocolate candy. Just not every day, or, in excess.

I joined a weekly support group and weigh-in for accountability and also receive encouragement here on MFP. I'm reshaping my thinking process from "I can't", to "I can!"

Frankly, I'm tired of making excuses for being fat...

This is a process, a balance of my life long one, I understand that. I haven't reached my goal yet, however, I'm on my way!

Cheers!

now that's my kind of diet!
  • Chrisstinne3
    Chrisstinne3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome - day 1 and gives me super hope!!!!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Awesome - day 1 and gives me super hope!!!!

That's great!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Love your diet! Same "plan"here.. Not as fast but a good comfy steady one... Good luck to you and me too... Cant wait to see progress pics... If you up to it ,post it please!

I'm not much on taking selfies ;-)
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Everything works if you go about it the right way. I've lost 49 lbs this last year using the 'more output, less input method too!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've only got one concern. I have a hard time getting filled up on stuff I like, for instance, this is what a typical day might look like for me.

Breakfast= coffee, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, toast with peanut butter
    Lunch= Bolongna and cheese sandwich with mayo, chips, coke
    Dinner=meatloaf, mashed potatoes, rice, roll, sweet tea

I'm sorry, I just don't like vegetables and I never will. I don't like salads either.

The reason eating like this is hard for me is because later in the evening after supper, I start getting cravings for junk food, like donuts or honey buns or reeses or something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that it's all about calories in versus calories out, but I would like to get full and not be craving stuff all the time. Does this make sense? Have you had this problem, anybody?
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Gotta bump this thread ;-)
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    An update, I've now lost 58 lbs on this "special diet"
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yup everything in moderation. It really does work. Congratulations. I think you would call it sensible eating and no deprivation.
    By eating whatever I "choose" to eat, keeping and daily logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and getting in some modest to moderate exercise a few times a week, I managed to lose 15 lbs a month from 10/21/13 to 01/21/14.

I've managed to lose thus far through Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, college football bowl games, birthday parties, New Years and NFL playoff games ;-)

At times, I've eaten hamburgers, fish & chips, fried chicken, burritos, steak, pasta, cake & chocolate candy. Just not every day, or, in excess.

I joined a weekly support group and weigh-in for accountability and also receive encouragement here on MFP. I'm reshaping my thinking process from "I can't", to "I can!"

Frankly, I'm tired of making excuses for being fat...

This is a process, a balance of my life long one, I understand that. I haven't reached my goal yet, however, I'm on my way!

Cheers!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great progress, and smart to change your thinking too. Wishing you much success with your goals.
  • rakebrlosh
    Options
    Hi
    :happy: congrats tell me what you diet is. I have been I started MFP Dec 2013 have gained I am on 1100 calories a day
    thanks
    :sad: Lorelei:
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's a really special diet. Don't think I could follow that...JK! Calorie counting and exercise works miracles:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!