Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Does lemon water count as water? :drinker:

NO :angry:

Only the purest water counts - you know that. :laugh:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I mean, maybe...The only truth I can see to this is if you're substituting lemon water in place of sugary sodas/juices/other high calorie drinks. I mean, just replacing one regular Coke (12 oz ) with the same volume of lemon water will save you about 120 calories. So...you might notice some weight loss with just that one change in diet.

*shrug* Is it the magic weight loss bullet? nope.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/benefits-of-cayenne-pepper/

Warm lemon water with cayenne, just makes it taste good, and it will boost your metabolism if you drink it every day. Don't knock it until you try it. There are also many health benefits that go along with it too.

knocking it....

so I can eat 1000 calories over maintenance and just drink lemon water and cayenne and I will keep losing weight?

LOL Wow, I never said that. I just said it was good for you. Way to start an argument for no reason. LOL
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Warm lemon water with cayenne, just makes it taste good, and it will boost your metabolism if you drink it every day. Don't knock it until you try it. There are also many health benefits that go along with it too.

knocking it....

so I can eat 1000 calories over maintenance and just drink lemon water and cayenne and I will keep losing weight?

LOL Wow, I never said that. I just said it was good for you. Way to start an argument for no reason. LOL

you said it would boost my metabolism...so that means that the calorie surplus would be negated by the boost in metabolism, right?
  • Adding lemon into your Plexus Slim pushes out toxins even more. It's a great cleanse for your body, and very natural!

-PlexusChangedMyLife
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Eek there are a lot of replies!!!

I think a lot of the replies are a little exaggerated. Yes, taking in lemon water will not make you burn off more fat or anything like that. . . so in that sense the people saying "NO" are right. BUT. IF you replace SODA with lemon water-- that is if you are a person who hates drinking plain water and therefore goes for soda or juice or other sweet drinks for most or all of your liquid intake-- then YES, lemon water will help you lose weight if you replace all the sodas and juices with it because then you are no longer consuming all the sugar, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, calories etc. contained in sodas and juices.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Adding lemon into your Plexus Slim pushes out toxins even more. It's a great cleanse for your body, and very natural!

-PlexusChangedMyLife

tumblr_m6ujcgtoAh1rxm1ywo1_400.gif
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is what I've heard of lemon, adding lemon helps the water to be alkaline, which is great for losing weight.

◾Lemons are antiseptic
    ◾Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
    ◾Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys
    ◾Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
    ◾Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
    ◾Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
    ◾Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

starting every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water, it ignites the metabolism early in the morning, so if you are on a weight loss journey this could be the most important of the lemon water benefits.

this
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

knocking it....

you started the argument by making a completely baseless statement. he only asked you to clarify. still waiting....
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is good for other benefits. Alkalizes the body, helps the immune system, helps rid your body of bloat as lemon is a natural diuretic and makes you have to use the bathroom, which is good..but not fat loss per se.

A cup of warm lemon water is a great way to start the day!! :)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is good for other benefits. Alkalizes the body, helps the immune system, helps rid your body of bloat as lemon is a natural diuretic and makes you have to use the bathroom, which is good..but not fat loss per se.

WHY do people keep saying that lemon alkalises the body?!
    a) lemon is acidic
    b) we have BUFFERS in our body precisely to PREVENT alkalisation, because if your blood were too alkaline, you would be dead!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

a) lemon is acidic
    b) we have BUFFERS in our body precisely to PREVENT alkalisation, because if your blood were too alkaline, you would be dead!!
    Meaning it helps level out the ph balance of our bodies. We have a lot of acid coming from other areas...pollution, cigarette smoke, etc... And this helps to balance it out.
  • mortuseon
    Options

a) lemon is acidic
    Meaning it helps level out the ph balance of our bodies. We have a lot of acid coming from other areas...pollution, cigarette smoke, etc... And this helps to balance it out.

Assuming what you said about cigarette smoke was true, why would more acid help to level out the body's pH (surely adding more acid would just lower the pH further), and why do we need something to level it out when we already have these very handy buffer systems in place to do precisely that?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

a) lemon is acidic

OMFG. I weep for the state of science education.

i-cant-even.gif
  • peloise
    peloise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it does. I think it help make water taste better so you are more likely to drink more cups throughout the day but I dont think it provides any additional nutrition that would assist you in losing weight more rapidly.
  • peloise
    peloise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bahahaha I am obsessed with that gif...I really feel like that sometimes and my boyfriend make fun of me for saying "I can't even" or "I just can't" sometimes.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

But citric acid is acidic, not alkaline.

Edited to add:
    Whoops, nevermind, literate people have already arrived.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Edited to add:

No, no no, see, its the minerals! It has minerals that alkalize the blood! Magical minerals that, despite being alkaline, somehow do not dissociate in the lemon with the highly acidic lemon juice. Only in your body.

Minerals.
  • mortuseon
    Options

Edited to add:

No, no no, see, its the minerals! It has minerals that alkalize the blood! Magical minerals that, despite being alkaline, somehow do not dissociate in the lemon with the highly acidic lemon juice. Only in your body.

Minerals.

Of course, for that highly desirable & potentially fatal condition, alkalosis!