Freelee the banana girl rant

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hon.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't know who that is. And I didn't read the comments.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hon.

szpsctexevbwcosrfxfy.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    you all need to educate your selves. You are going off of her "being mean" "condescending" "rude" she is straight up factual. Um and she was born with an inverted chest disorder so she has implants that she got WAY BEFORE she went vegan! AND all of you are obviously jealous of her and don't want to admit it. RAW beans? no 801010 person advocates raw beans. you don't need protein! you people just believe what the government backed meat industry tells you will make you fit. they only way your life style works is with restriction. quit kidding yourself. have some guts. my goodness. blah blah blah your feeeeelings.

Lol.

Today I learned that breast implants might be a liability in the tinfoil nutter community.
    And that they have a forum. IN.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    She's the type of Vegan that make the rest of us look like nutters and the world would be a better place if she went to remote banana covered island with no internet
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    She is such a farce!!!

She tried to say in her FAQ that renal disease comes from a crap diet and lifestyle, which is complete rubbish. My mom had damaged kidneys from a strep infection long ago that didn't get treated properly.

She grew up eating very healthy and we ate very healthy growing up.

Everything she spouts is either a farce or a myth.
    Exaclty what I was going to say!! She said she doesn't have health insurance anymore because her diet will ensure that she will never get sick again. Um.... your diet won't help you if you're in a car accident and need to be hospitalized for injuries, or if you take a tumble off your bike and break something, no matter how many bananas you eat!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I consider her channel (and her boyfriends) entertainment. They like to say controversial things because it generates more views. This is the reason why they continually make fun of (non raw vegan) celebrity pictures and diets. They love controversy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/durianriders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Freelea

The only reason they can eat so many bananas without gaining weight is because they exercise MUCH MORE than most people. If you doubt this, look at the activity durianrider logged on Strava this January: http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600

ri6k5s.jpg

rt4048.jpg

Of course fat raw vegans exist. Just eat like these two do but sit on the couch. I think its funny they say you can eat an "unlimited" amount of the food they suggest without gaining weight.

On a positive note, durianrider often gives good reviews of cycling gear, etc. They are both pretty funny/entertaining whether you agree with them or not
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    She's another nobody who does whacky things to get attention. I bet when the camera's off the bananas go away and the tube of icecream comes out.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Another ridiculous vegan I saw lately was some chick who ate 9 pounds of lettuce for dinner and talking about it like it was a completely normal behaviour.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    this-****-is-bananas-o.gif
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    just another dumb *kitten* trying to get famous/sell some BS to people who are dumb enough to believe her.

I know someone who tried her diet. Had to stop because fruit was fermenting in her stomach and she looked semi pregnant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik1yqVuUti4&index=122&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA
    Hope that helps :tongue:
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    how does she have time to do anything other than eat to eat that amount of raw fruit and veg ect..she's annoying and i would get sick of that "life style" real quick.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    She is such a farce!!!

She tried to say in her FAQ that renal disease comes from a crap diet and lifestyle, which is complete rubbish. My mom had damaged kidneys from a strep infection long ago that didn't get treated properly.

She grew up eating very healthy and we ate very healthy growing up.

Everything she spouts is either a farce or a myth.
    Exaclty what I was going to say!! She said she doesn't have health insurance anymore because her diet will ensure that she will never get sick again. Um.... your diet won't help you if you're in a car accident and need to be hospitalized for injuries, or if you take a tumble off your bike and break something, no matter how many bananas you eat!

Disingenuous of her as she lives in a country with a public health system
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    read her online posted blood test dummy. her b12 is fine. 40 percent of the country is b12 deficient. 40 percent of the country is NOT vegan . derp derp do the math.

I would venture a guess that way less than 40% of the country (I'm assuming the US) is vegan. Nice try, though.

tumblr_mb50znvDAi1r95m39o1_500.png
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i love freelee and she's the reason i went vegan and have overcome my digestive disorders and low energy.

so many people out there keep saying eating only fruits isn't good for you. first of all she doesn't eat only fruits. I don't think they understand the huge variety of fruits, grains, veggies that exist out there because they are only used to packaged foods that had to first be produced in a factory in order to be edible.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    read her online posted blood test dummy. her b12 is fine. 40 percent of the country is b12 deficient. 40 percent of the country is NOT vegan . derp derp do the math.

What's a blood test dummy? Or did you mean blood test, dummy? Commas are important. Ask grandma! Also note the use of the "quote" function.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I would venture a guess that way less than 40% of the country (I'm assuming the US) is vegan. Nice try, though.

tumblr_mb50znvDAi1r95m39o1_500.png

yep her b12 is fine BECAUSE SHE TAKES INJECTIONS. :noway: Her boyfriend DurianRider (Harley) injects her in the arm with b12 every month or so. If you don't believe me it's at the end of one of her blogs and shes always been open and honest about it.

I stopped drinking the low fat vegan koolaid when I started to notice how crazy most of these people were. Like Freelee and DR seem to be convinced Robin williams died because he wasn't a vegan and a lot of her followers were going on about how raw veganism and low fat diets make it IMPOSSIBLE to be depressed or get Parkinsons disease or etc. :noway: :noway:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with SOME of what she says but I finally unsubscribed from her. All she does now is tell celebrities (youtube and hollywood) how fat they are and what not. Too much negativity. I get that shes a money grubber, she admits it but I just don't want to watch it anymore.

Also she says she "doesn't execise much" but her strava profile proves otherwise. She'll bike ride for 2 hours at a time and burn almost 2000 calories, so yeah consuming 5k calories a day works for her. Same thing with DR it's not uncommon for his strava data to show him burning 3k calories OR MORE a day. He's an ultra cyclist though and he's open about it.
    all I'm saying is take what these guys say with a grain of salt. If it works for you great, but for some of us (including me) it doesn't.
  • browneyes6082
    browneyes6082 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE Freelee and Durian. I only watched 2 videos of theirs and I knew all I needed to know about what kind of people they are. The one where Freelee tore apart Jenna Marbles by calling her fat and body shaming a perfectly healthy woman to shreds in front of millions of people. And the one Freelee filmed of Durian in a mall going up to YOUNG healthy looking teenage girls and telling them that they were overweight and should be ashamed of themselves. Disgusting.