• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My first date with a guy on Friday:

Him: "Oh. I shouldn't have ordered brocolli. It makes me fart."
    Me: **staring in shock**
    Him: "Let's hope I don't fart."
    Me: **face palm**

He's 35. Quite possibly why he's single.

Can I get his number? He's perfect!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Not being honest about intentions. Don't claim you're looking for a soulmate (blech) when you really just want to hook up.

So then, just saying off the bat.....
    "You, me and a hotel room...."

That should do it??

That works. Expectations are laid right out there. :tongue:
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    just be yourself - dont try and be what they want, if they dont like ya move on
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Not being honest about intentions. Don't claim you're looking for a soulmate (blech) when you really just want to hook up.

That should do it??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok...will have to remember that one. :tongue: :tongue:

**writes it down in his black book to successful dating. Summertime_girl approved**
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I had a guy that picked me up and drove me straight to his house without batting an eye. After we sat around for a little while talking he pulled his sheets out of the dryer and asked me to help him make the bed.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Driving us past the local Beth-Israel temple, affecting a German accent, and giving the Nazi salute.

*trying to pick jaw off floor. can't.*

I would've opened the car door and done a tuck-and-roll.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in rules, like you can't do this or talk about this until date 3 or whatever. Just be who you are. That's either going to make the guy really uncomfortable (if he's douchey and trying to play the whole thing like he's following a script), or he's going to be relieved to discover that this doesn't have to be a dog and pony show and that you can just relax and learn something useful about each other. All of the awkwardness and "What am I allowed to say?" stuff tends to go away when you stop pretending and just be real.

preach! i could not agree more.

i have another no-no. maybe it's a no-no on my part for not being familiar with football terminology, but the guy said he sort of had a linebacker's build, and i imagined a quarterback. he showed up with an *kitten* out to mars and was actually knocking stuff down in the store we went to...with his butt. i cut that one short.
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't fret if someone isn't into you. We're not all perfect matches.

Don't be creepy (if you're a dude, don't start asking when you want kids if you're a woman)

Just enjoy it. Enjoy the atmosphere, take each first date as a compliment. Even if you don't match, they thought you were attractive and interesting. Its important to never feel down.

Chill C:

Also, don't take advice from people on the internet :P
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Clipping your nails and/or cleaning your ears with your keys.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

That should do it??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok...will have to remember that one. :tongue: :tongue:

**writes it down in his black book to successful dating. Summertime_girl approved**

LOL! I didn't say it would get me into the hotel room, I merely approve of the directness of the approach.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Driving us past the local Beth-Israel temple, affecting a German accent, and giving the Nazi salute.

Is there a Duck Dynasty break up card for this situation? I feel like there should be.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    No no=telling me that you were playing with a dog and it bit you and you went into such a rage from this that you blacked out and beat the dog to death. That would be (and was) a deal breaker.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options

PLEASE say that this is a sick joke....OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    recieving a junk photo text after he drops you off......seriously buddy, only after date two!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I had a guy that picked me up and drove me straight to his house without batting an eye. After we sat around for a little while talking he pulled his sheets out of the dryer and asked me to help him make the bed.

Sounds like a keeper!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

LOL! I didn't say it would get me into the hotel room, I merely approve of the directness of the approach.

Oh just damn....
    Now you bring in caveats. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

**black book correction, on second thought strategy not all that good. Do not use**
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My first date with a guy on Friday:

Him: "Oh. I shouldn't have ordered brocolli. It makes me fart."
    Me: **staring in shock**
    Him: "Let's hope I don't fart."
    Me: **face palm**

He's 35. Quite possibly why he's single.

I would have had so much fun with that one...

Me: Oh, really I ate beans last night... Three words my friend, silent but deadly
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

next time, don't agree to a date with Bill Clinton. :tongue:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in rules, like you can't do this or talk about this until date 3 or whatever. Just be who you are. That's either going to make the guy really uncomfortable (if he's douchey and trying to play the whole thing like he's following a script), or he's going to be relieved to discover that this doesn't have to be a dog and pony show and that you can just relax and learn something useful about each other. All of the awkwardness and "What am I allowed to say?" stuff tends to go away when you stop pretending and just be real.

Being who you are isn't a good idea for most people, because most people are self-absorbed idiots with messed up priorities.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    When a guy tells you he loves you after one date. OMG... RUN!!!

this has happened to me before. Guy was all sorts of crazy.