Early Stages of Dating -- No-Nos

Options

Replies

• fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    id have to go on a date to have any stories first. feelsbatman.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Happy to amuse! That is why it is my favorite. There are others. I like to think I have gotten better at weeding out the bad ones. Truth be told, I simply don't go out much, and that suits my life right now.

Another favorite:

Met a gentleman on line, we decided to go for a movie. He picked me up, and we were both hungry so we stopped at Subway for something quick. When the cashier was about to ring it through, she asked if it was together, he said NO. That's fine, I have no problem paying my own way. It's only a $4 sub anyway. We got to the movie theater, and he said "don't worry about it, I got a coupon." It was a Tuesday night, dollar theater show. He brought a coupon to save a dollar! I never saw myself as being a gold-digger. I certainly feel that if people are happy at what they do, the money is less relevant. This date was the one that made me realize that maybe money does matter more than I realized.

I actually went out with him a few more times. Once we were walking around and I hadn't realized how cold it was. I mentioned the chill and she said that he also found it quite chilly, he then pulled a sweater out of his backpack and put it on himself (realistically, I shouldn't have expected the share, but many guys would have at least offered a warm hug). The third time I saw him (I wasn't considering them dates at this point, I just thought he was fun to talk to and hang out, although quite clueless about dating), he asked if I saw things going anywhere, and I said no, that I enjoyed hanging out with him, but there would never be anything more. He then asked if we could have sex. I can't blame him for trying really, and I continued to hang out with him. Nice guy, just not great perception for what is going on around him.

I think I might pee my pants from laughing.

Another example of something to get out on the table, if you're into that sort of thing :wink:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    oops. wrong place
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Receiving junk pics after a first date could have saved me a lot of disappointment in a few instances.....just sayin.

Wow I feel pretty fortunate right now....some of you have had some downright awful first dates. My first date deal breakers are if he pressures me to get into his car or come to his house. Considering like 99.9% of my dates are with guys I meet online, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why I wouldn't want to do either of those things right off the bat. If the guy doesn't understand, or isn't respectful of where I'm coming from, then see ya. Oh, or if they think that having a first date with me AND my daughter is acceptable. No freaking way.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    -patpatpat-
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Asked me to go on a vacation with them and their family! It was nice but way too clingy!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    January 27, 2014 2:45 pm
    QUOTE:

First date. Still drinking my first drink. noway When I went home I discovered you can look up pervs online with just a first name.

Sounds legit.

Quite legit. He was a convicted sex offender. A pedophile. You can look up these people online by County and first name on the registered sex offenders list. I found his photo shot online and was able to find out from news stories what he did by searching his name.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Quite legit. He was a convicted sex offender. A pedophile. You can look up these people online by County and first name on the registered sex offenders list. I found his photo shot online and was able to find out from news stories what he did by searching his name.
    Scary.
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Suggesting marriage and children. He stalked me for a year or so when I cut contact.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    -patpatpat-

when will it be my turn for the awkward date
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    -patpatpat-

You're going to have to find an awkward person first haha
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Some of these stories are downright scary. Exactly why dating is scary as hell. I would say constantly checking your phone is a big no-no.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Date no-nos for me

1. the woman must like Italian food
    2. the woman has to be at least 7 foot tall (stilts are acceptable)
    3. the woman must drive a smart car or similar car because she thinks its better for the environment
    4. the woman must like the exact same colors as I do

Other than that.. I'm pretty open to who I date.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    January 27, 2014 2:45 pm
    QUOTE:

First date. Still drinking my first drink. noway When I went home I discovered you can look up pervs online with just a first name.

Sounds legit.

Now this makes sense. I always look up a guy before we go out for this reason. On the sex offender's site, and on the circuit court site.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    -patpatpat-

If you have never been on an awkward date, perhaps you are the one making it awkward.. :tongue:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    -patpatpat-

I'll give ya a turn :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm back on the dating market and I'm curious to know what are some of the worst offenses that someone has committed when you've gone on a first date with a person or in the early stages of dating someone?
    Coming on WAY too strong.

Smelling bad.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Junk pics the next morning. Grabbing your thing. Texting during the date.
  • TexasEngr
    TexasEngr Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Junk pics the next morning. Grabbing your thing. Texting during the date.

Definitely texting during the date ...