Replies

• phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    The plateau that I cannot get through:(:(:(
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    what frustrates me most is being at or around the same weight since january 15th . i saw a new low that day (216.9) ive seen around 1-2 pounds higher every day since. a couple days ago i saw a new low 216.1 and now still seeing 217-218. it truly is frustrating. i eralize daily fluctuations. but this has been for a couple weeks. i hit the gym hard 6 times a week. staying under. just not moving so much right now.

I hear ya!! Sick of being in the 190's and it seems I can't get out of them!!
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    I guess my frustration is the fact my weight has been pretty much the same for the past couple of weeks whereas the 3 weeks previously it had dropped steadily from 182 down to 175.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuations. I weighed yesterday after being away on vacation for a week and was pleasantly surprised with a 4.8 lb loss after a brief plateau. absolutely ecstatic...immediately updated my weight in the system, posted my weekly weigh-in for one of my groups and checked off my 1st 5% loss. woke up and weighed this morning, boom! up 2lbs. wtf?!?!

maybe some is water weight? it is my tom and I drank extra water and some cranberry juice yesterday due to feeling like a uti might be coming on...also more water and unsweetened iced tea since returning home anyway, just b/c it is more convenient...may have been slightly dehydrated on vacation due to the lack of routine.

I have another group weigh-in tmrw so I am hoping that my weight stabilizes at the lower number so I don't have to post a gain after being so happy about a big loss. definitely think I should go to a weekly weighing instead of obsessing over the scale on a daily basis. it just leads to a lot of disappointment and shame even though I know that daily fluctuations are a normal occurrence.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    ^^ same. Thinking about switching to weekly weigh-ins instead of daily ones.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Two things:

My consistency.
    The way I look in my clothes ;(
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    THE WEATHER. Oh my god I want to go to the gym but my car is giving the icy roads a big old side-eye right now. And we're supposed to get another 4-5 inches overnight? NO THANKS.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    I always get extremely hungry at night and feel like I'm eating for the next day if I eat quite late.

I can never have only tbsp of peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter.

I think fats and carbs are bad "evil", despite knowing how important they are. I do eat them of course, but its a weird feeling to describe.

I drink coffee and tea sometimes for no reason. It's no cals (black), but its become a weird habit (not even hungry).

I work my arms more than my legs, but I know it should be the other way around.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    The cold weather, I would love to get out more, do the gardening, go to the park, wear summer clothes! Can't wait for Spring/Summer.
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    what frustrates me most is being at or around the same weight since january 15th . i saw a new low that day (216.9) ive seen around 1-2 pounds higher every day since. a couple days ago i saw a new low 216.1 and now still seeing 217-218. it truly is frustrating. i eralize daily fluctuations. but this has been for a couple weeks. i hit the gym hard 6 times a week. staying under. just not moving so much right now.

I am the same today as I was on 1/19/14.... very frustrating! But I will keep it up an maybe something will happen :)
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My husband keeps bringing home delicious off-limit food

This!!!! My husband and daughters have been on late night donut runs lately.... drives me crazy, and if that wasn't enough, they then come home and heat them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up which makes the whole house smell like a bakery!!! Uggghhhhh!!!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Right now, what frustrates me the most is my mind. I have too many things going on at the same time and I lack a definite plan.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    All this damn chocolate sitting around me!!!
  • fallenangel316
    Options
    That there are so many "experts" saying such contradictory things, confusing the heck out of me. I've decided to ignore them all for the sake of my own sanity and just keep things simple.. eat less, move more.

^^ This.. so much THIS!!!
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I hate being 'skinny fat', I know an ED will probably have lowered my amount of lean muscle mass, but I'm too anxious about fat gain and the intimidating free weights section of the gym to start a bulk. And this is ALL MY OWN STUPID FAULT.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Money, or rather lack thereof.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    People who drive 55 in the fast lane, and won't get out of the way. My blood pressure goes so high that I have trouble concentrating on fitness when all I want to do is end them.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck. ...
  • Courage1895
    Options
    Not being where I want fast enough. Looking in the mirror and wanting to cry after I eat something I know I should not have because I know I am only hurting myself.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    "Well you look smaller but you're still fat." - EVERY day.
    OR my other favorite, "You were SO skinny in high school. What happened?"- this at least once a week. Who are these quotes from? My mother.

OMG. I know exactly what you mean!

I've had the same from my mother and sister for YEARS. My sister even wrote me a long email (copied everyone! yeah!) about how I was going to die. AND they still don't get that it's none of their business..

I've reached peace with my Mom by telling her if she mentions it again I won't visit her. I'll just turn right around and get back on that trans-Atlantic flight home.

Didn't reach peace with my skinny sister, but felt good telling her to shut the f&*k up.