What frustrates you most right now?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Retaining water due to an increase in exercise.

All last week my normally sedentary job was very active with lots of walking, moving fairly heavy boxes, etc. Then an active day on Saturday. On Sunday, I did a much longer bike ride (trail) than usual and got a good workout from that but the scale bumped up a tad and hasn't moved yet.

I find that SO frustrating!!! I'm sort of glad I didn't exercise much when I FIRST started using MFP last March, because I'm pretty sure those exercise-based "gains" or "stalls" would have put me off the whole thing w/o seeing losses right away. :-/

lol who told you that it's retaining water? Muscle weighs heavier than fat.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bloating/water weight. :(
  • popshoveit
    Options
    Being sick for a week and not exercising (I tried, it was a bad idea) and then feeling really lazy and anxious because of my time away from the gym.
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    portion control. I struggle with it often I just want to stuff my face!
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    -51 celsius weather in March...aaaargh How do I get my outdoor walking in when it's so freaking cold!!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Retaining water due to an increase in exercise.

All last week my normally sedentary job was very active with lots of walking, moving fairly heavy boxes, etc. Then an active day on Saturday. On Sunday, I did a much longer bike ride (trail) than usual and got a good workout from that but the scale bumped up a tad and hasn't moved yet.

I find that SO frustrating!!! I'm sort of glad I didn't exercise much when I FIRST started using MFP last March, because I'm pretty sure those exercise-based "gains" or "stalls" would have put me off the whole thing w/o seeing losses right away. :-/

lol who told you that it's retaining water? Muscle weighs heavier than fat.

It is normal to retain water when starting a new exercise routine or increasing duration/intensity. Your glycogen stores increase in your muscles, and for each gram of glycogen, your body retains 3 grams of water. Muscles convert the glycogen to glucose and use it for fuel during exercise.
  • BenPVolk
    BenPVolk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The cost of fresh fruits and veggies...
    That my wife has filled the house with sweets and junk food and leaves it out all around me...
    That the 40 pounds I've lost looks like nothing in the mirror...
    That I'm still afraid to jog/run at my current weight...
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Not giving into stress eating. it is so easy to "feel better" after a pint of ice cream or some beer but I know I shouldn't...
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My children sabotaging my progress. Crying babies and sleepless nights equals emotional eating and sodas the next day. Or my picky toddler who doesn't eat all of her dinner and I have to choose between throwing it away or eating it.

Throw it away. I have the same issues with my toddler and with him, if I just get enough for myself (because he's already eaten) he wants mine. If I get enough for both of us, he doesn't want his. I'm learning that it's more of a waste to put unneeded calories in my body then to throw it in the garbage. The $'s already spent anyway so rather than gain a pound because of it, I give it to the garbage LOL
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Not drinking enough water (I've cut soda down to 12 ounces at dinner and have a glass of apple juice many mornings, but since I can't eat/drink anything while I'm working it's difficult for me to get water in other than on breaks/off-time)
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey SKINNYINNOTIME! We should be friends!!!!! My ortho said no more deep squats or lunges for 3 weeks. I have patellar chrondromalasia and tendonitis!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    portion control. I struggle with it often I just want to stuff my face!

yup
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The thing that frustrates me most right now is that I don't think they should have had Legolas in the hobbit movie because he wasn't in the book and it seems like they're just trying to drag it out and I don't remember any evil wizards either but whatever

How YOU doin'?:flowerforyou:
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    The amount of time it takes to lose all the weight.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    the fact that I'm trying to lose 12lb and I've been gaining and losing the same 5lb for a few months now.....grrrrr
  • pattyht
    pattyht Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also find that if I eat oatmeal in the morning, I seem to do better throughout the whole day. What is frustrating me is that I have lost a significant amount of weight before( over 150 pounds) and I have gained between 20-30 pounds ( fluctuating) back in the last few years and that I KNOW what I need to do but I just cant seem to keep doing it! Grrr...
  • dpvike80
    dpvike80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Injuries.......I am currently fighting plantar fasciitis which has affected my running and some elbow tendonitis which is having an impact on my lifting.