What frustrates you most right now?

Options
What frustrates you most about your health/fitness/nutrition right now?

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    what frustrates me most is being at or around the same weight since january 15th . i saw a new low that day (216.9) ive seen around 1-2 pounds higher every day since. a couple days ago i saw a new low 216.1 and now still seeing 217-218. it truly is frustrating. i eralize daily fluctuations. but this has been for a couple weeks. i hit the gym hard 6 times a week. staying under. just not moving so much right now.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That there are so many "experts" saying such contradictory things, confusing the heck out of me. I've decided to ignore them all for the sake of my own sanity and just keep things simple.. eat less, move more.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm at a plateau and the scale isn't moving.

So I'm relying on my measurements and have changed from MFP + Workout calories eaten to TDEE.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I think just waiting until I reach a significant amount of weight lost, I'm happy that I'm losing at a healthy steady pace, but I'm sure most people can agree they'd love to see the lbs just slide off. That said, I know it's healthier to lose 2lbs or less a week so as long as I'm losing I'm happy.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The samething is going on with me. My low was 221 on 2/16 . Now I am at 223 and it is not moving so upset.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated that I can't drink more wine. Honestly. Everything else is going great; I feel good, I'm losing weight, getting stronger... But that 4 oz. serving looks ridiculous in my big wine glass.
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My extreme desire to eat! I'm having such a hard time changing my mindset. Reminding myself (especially when I'm not hungry) that I don't need food to make me feel good.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Retaining water due to an increase in exercise.

All last week my normally sedentary job was very active with lots of walking, moving fairly heavy boxes, etc. Then an active day on Saturday. On Sunday, I did a much longer bike ride (trail) than usual and got a good workout from that but the scale bumped up a tad and hasn't moved yet.

I find that SO frustrating!!! I'm sort of glad I didn't exercise much when I FIRST started using MFP last March, because I'm pretty sure those exercise-based "gains" or "stalls" would have put me off the whole thing w/o seeing losses right away. :-/
  • ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Being hungry. I make it a point to eat breakfast, otherwise I'm starving all day. Some days, I'm good until lunch, other days I'm starving long before noon. Drives me crazy that I can do the same thing (same job routine Mon - Fri) with the same breakfast (cereal with milk), but some days I want to chew my own arm off before lunchtime.
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm at a plateau and the scale isn't moving.

So I'm relying on my measurements and have changed from MFP + Workout calories eaten to TDEE.

What's TDEE? :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Being hungry. I make it a point to eat breakfast, otherwise I'm starving all day. Some days, I'm good until lunch, other days I'm starving long before noon. Drives me crazy that I can do the same thing (same job routine Mon - Fri) with the same breakfast (cereal with milk), but some days I want to chew my own arm off before lunchtime.

When I used to eat cereal with milk this happened to me too. I never knew if I'd be hungry or not during the morning.

Sorry to give you unsolicited advice, but have you considered switching up your breakfast? I find that an egg and toast, egg taco, oatmeal with nuts, etc, fills me up and keeps me satisfied until lunchtime (even though my breakfast is usually 200 or fewer calories including coffee with a splash of milk).

Just an idea!
  • ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks (no apology needed) - I'll give that a shot. Some days (like today) make it really hard to not just chow down anything I can get my hands on.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty much the same weight since September. Can't seem to get below 208lbs. I've been netting 1200 cals when I exercise, and a little more on my rest days, nothing more than 1700. I started the gym last month and have been attending 3 times per week. I walk everywhere within a 2 mile radius.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My weight hasn't changed in over a month but I think I might have hit my maintenance level, just not the number on the scale I was hoping for.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That I can't eat some of my most favorite foods right now.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Thanks (no apology needed) - I'll give that a shot. Some days (like today) make it really hard to not just chow down anything I can get my hands on.

I keep Jimmy Dean Delights in the freezer for those days. Higher protein than cereal, and this time of year it is nice to have a warm breakfast.

Another alternative is to have your cereal with greek yogurt, instead of milk. I like this best with harder cereals, like granolas and Grapenuts.
  • toniistracking
    toniistracking Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know I need to do this but I can't seem to find the motivation right now.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuation. I know its normal but I have seen my weight fluctuate as much as 4 lbs. Drives me crazy sometimes.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    That I have messed up my knees due to poor form and cannot squat or DL right now...or until my knees are better.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That the more I exercise the more I have to eat back. Sometimes I enjoy the extra's, but more often I feel guilty about it. I need to put on weight but I don't want to, I also don't want to maintain. The Eating disorder part of my brain wants me to keep on losing weight, but the logical part wants me to recover and be at a healthy sexy weight for me 19 year old body
    Never ending frustration