What frustrates you most right now?

Options

Replies

• RCottonRPh
    Options
    That my husband gave up on our healthy lifestyle we were undertaking together. He lost 50 lbs last year, and me 40. He is gaining a lot of weight back and letting himself go. It was much easier when we were in it together. Now I feel like he is trying to sabotage me and it's all the harder for me to be on track because I watch him sit on the couch eating whatever he pleases. I do all the shopping and refuse to buy junk, so he goes behind my back take out and fast food and tries to temp me to join in. He is having ice cream (my ultimate weakness!) shipped to our house and it's arriving today. All I can do is focus on me...but I wanted him to want to be healthy for him and for us!
  • apercanis
    Options
    Trying not to eat junk/fast food. Living with people that buy it multiple times a week, *kitten* gets tough.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    NOT 100% sure of calorie counts on homemade foods. I do a lot of healthy cooking, and not sure how to determine how many calories are really in a cup of homemade lentil vegetable soup.... I think it's thrown me off.. ALOT...

Use the recipe builder in your food tab. Enter everything into the recipe builder and number of servings and MFP will spit out the calories and other macros per serving. For stuff like that I typically use 1 cup as a serving so I just get my measuring cup out and scoop into whatever holding container I have...how many ever cups that is is how many servings there are in my recipe...though a wolfman serving is usually two of those servings.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm just making bad decisions. It's frustrating.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    The thing that frustrates me most right now is that I don't think they should have had Legolas in the hobbit movie because he wasn't in the book and it seems like they're just trying to drag it out and I don't remember any evil wizards either but whatever

But as the prince of the Forrest Elves Legolas would have been present for any court proceedings or in the event of a possible "threat". He wasn't mentioned by name, but he totally would have been there. (I have had this discussion with every person I know who has read the Hobbit, I haven't seen the newest movie yet so I can't vouch for it's accuracy but I do not remember evil wizards either.)
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am way tired all the time. Being a grad student is the worst. I just want to go home and sleep.
    Also, I live in North Carolina for a reason. WHY IS IT SNOWING
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That I start my day with such resolve and have such grand plans for each day. Yet each day comes and goes and I have only accomplished a fraction of the things I imagined I would. :cry:
    I look at all these amazing people who juggle it all and I can't seem to stay on top of my career, my family, my grad studies and eek out anything more than a handful or pushups, situps, etc at the end of the day. By best is getting 30 minutes of yoga in periodically. And that is to keep me from losing my mind. :mad: :explode:

So in short I am equally grateful and fed up with my busy, full life.
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    The thing that frustrates me most right now is that I don't think they should have had Legolas in the hobbit movie because he wasn't in the book and it seems like they're just trying to drag it out and I don't remember any evil wizards either but whatever

But as the prince of the Forrest Elves Legolas would have been present for any court proceedings or in the event of a possible "threat". He wasn't mentioned by name, but he totally would have been there. (I have had this discussion with every person I know who has read the Hobbit, I haven't seen the newest movie yet so I can't vouch for it's accuracy but I do not remember evil wizards either.)

obama-not-bad.jpeg
  • lauriemueller9
    Options

This and the fact that my sister has an eliptical that I can have but between the 3 feet of blowing snow and below 0 temps I can't even get it up to my house (I live just up the hill from her too).
  • thekeelbystamps
    thekeelbystamps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Being hungry. I make it a point to eat breakfast, otherwise I'm starving all day. Some days, I'm good until lunch, other days I'm starving long before noon. Drives me crazy that I can do the same thing (same job routine Mon - Fri) with the same breakfast (cereal with milk), but some days I want to chew my own arm off before lunchtime.

Hi Ronbo I was the same as you - swapped cereal with milk for porridge made with water and I mash a banana in it and this keeps me going much much longer, good luck & keep going
  • weeds99
    Options
    Salt, Salt, Salt. Everything has way too much salt in it.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    That I am stuck at a desk for the better part of the day instead of up moving...I am lucky that everywhere I need to go at work is up or down a flight of stairs so that helps. I would love to count the flights I do in a day...hmmmm maybe a challenge for myself tomorrow.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The Bazillion trips to the bathroom because I am drinking all this MARVELOUS water! :drinker:

This!! -- I'm sure my boss is thinking somethings up! lol

I just fully started this journey on Jan. 10 and feel I should have lost a little bit more weight than I have so far... I guess I just need adjust and find what works for me :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    The fact I've gained back 13-15 pounds from my lowest point... and the most frustrating part is when people say, "oh, it's okay, it's just a couple of pounds..." :grumble:

Ugh. 13 to 15 is not a "couple" of pounds. And I'm scard that this is the slide down that slippery slope back to being obese. :frown:
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Lack of money for nifty work out clothes... The only sports bras that fit me cost $70. :cry:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    people picking me, then dropping me when I pee on them.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Salt, Salt, Salt. Everything has way too much salt in it.

Truth.
  • nanasudo
    nanasudo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated that I can't drink more wine. Honestly. Everything else is going great; I feel good, I'm losing weight, getting stronger... But that 4 oz. serving looks ridiculous in my big wine glass.
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Healthy food is super expensive here right now.