What frustrates you most right now?

Options

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm new to mfp, so couple things frustrate me.

I have a scale so weighing everything does not take much time, but at the same time I'm not used to just being able to grab what I want and eat it. Now I am careful to weigh everything out so I can record it properly, some days I'm into it, some days not so much.

I also have an extremely weak right knee and ankle. It makes doing a lot of different exercises harder, so I'm kinda just stuck with rebounding or swimming (can't do that in the winter though). I'm hoping in a few months that issue will get better.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Been here 2 days... Frustration? Seeing so many people concentrating on weight... Drink 3-4 glasses of water and suddenly you have gained weight...Focus on feeling better.. feeling stronger...and be patient.. it isn't like you walked out the door in the morning and came back that eveing with a "weight" issue... YOU are doing this to stop feeling sick and tired... adding the stress of a weigh in... and suddenly your emotionally eating...

I guess that's what we're her for though huh? spilling what is on our minds is part of that stress reliever isn't it???
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of nagging hunger today, so I spaced my meals out into smaller ones. Stayed under my goal but it was still annoying.

It's also annoying when you're expecting to have a great weigh-in at a loss......and you don't.

And of course, water retention. :explode:
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That my squat is stalled at a pathetic 75lbs, sigh. Maybe I need to eat more but I'm already eating 1800 cal on lift days. Still feeling gassed half way through.. Grrrr
  • I so agree with this, I am tired of all the conflicting data that is out there regarding weight loss.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That my OHP won't progress and its driving me insane!

Sympathy hug. I'm on a 2 week squat stall. I cursed the barbell out today, it didn't care. Still stuck
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Everyone around me is eating donuts and yummy things and I am over here like....I'll just eat my leaves =(
  • kordell70
    kordell70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Sunday and the most frustrating thing is when you weigh yourself and you are either the same weight or more. Especially when you are so cautious about weighing & measuring your food, recording everything you eat, etc. It can be demoralizing at times, but I knew this was going to be a long haul to lose this weight.

Also, I know some people say focus on non scale victories, or feeling better, etc. And those are all good goals and part of losing weight for me is to feel better, however, like I tell people MY GOALS ARE MY GOALS PERIOD. If I want to make losing weight an important goal then do not tell me that I am mis-focusing on the important thing of better health and other stuff. I am not mis-focusing, in fact, I am highly focused in that I want the feeling of feeling better but the weight reduction number is important to me and therefore is a metric I want to include for ME every week.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Sympathy hug. I'm on a 2 week squat stall. I cursed the barbell out today, it didn't care. Still stuck

I did some cursing this morning I've been stalled for a month now. OHP makes me feel weak dammit!
  • rlxsn
    rlxsn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    "Friends" who constantly do everything they can to derail / ridicule my goals. "you're too extreme" - "you need to live a little" etc, etc, etc..
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    Right now I am most frustrated that there are two more pieces of French toast in my kitchen but I can't have them. I mean I could, they aren't spoken for, but I can't, y'know?
    In general I am most frustrated that my husband has decided to encourage me by simply telling me I'm doing great and to not worry if I want a cookie, or a cocktail even after I've told him I don't have the calories left for it in my day.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    That fact that I can bench almost as much as I can squat. I got weak legs yo.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    my attempts at getting to the gym today have been foiled thus far... and hubs said this morning he might not want to go when he gets out of his meeting, which, since kids are currently napping, means I might not be going to the gym. >.<
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    The thing that frustrates me most right now is that I don't think they should have had Legolas in the hobbit movie because he wasn't in the book and it seems like they're just trying to drag it out and I don't remember any evil wizards either but whatever
  • madzilla84
    madzilla84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For the last few days I've had my usual PMS-cravings and have just felt constantly hungry, no matter how much I eat. Today I ate way, way over my goal - nothing especially unhealthy, just way too much of it. It's not the end of the world, but it's frustrating because I was doing pretty well this month and I have a feeling I'll undo it all in this last week, just before weigh-in next week. But, it's only a few days and at least it's been healthy stuff (err ... mostly), and I know it'll pass. ;)

Also, we have a lot of new temps in our office sitting all around me who are really young and spend all day every day eating bacon rolls, cakes, biscuits, chips/fries, burgers, chocolate bars, crisps, Coke etc, and never put on a pound. Damn them! ;)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Have you tried fractional plates?
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    That the winter weather is making my asthma kick in to a point where I can't go running and can't get to the gym because of road conditions :mad:

Also that I don't have a full time job :explode:
  • MrsBrown424
    Options
    My children sabotaging my progress. Crying babies and sleepless nights equals emotional eating and sodas the next day. Or my picky toddler who doesn't eat all of her dinner and I have to choose between throwing it away or eating it.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Sunday and the most frustrating thing is when you weigh yourself and you are either the same weight or more. Especially when you are so cautious about weighing & measuring your food, recording everything you eat, etc. It can be demoralizing at times, but I knew this was going to be a long haul to lose this weight.

Also, I know some people say focus on non scale victories, or feeling better, etc. And those are all good goals and part of losing weight for me is to feel better, however, like I tell people MY GOALS ARE MY GOALS PERIOD. If I want to make losing weight an important goal then do not tell me that I am mis-focusing on the important thing of better health and other stuff. I am not mis-focusing, in fact, I am highly focused in that I want the feeling of feeling better but the weight reduction number is important to me and therefore is a metric I want to include for ME every week.

I don't know what your diary looks like or how your week versus weekends go, but maybe you can try weighing yourself on Friday? For a lot of people, the work week is very regimented and routine, but weekends it's easier to cut loose, have that drink or slice of pizza or whatever it is that is maybe causing water retention... IDK, just a thought! :smile:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Have you tried fractional plates?

Thanks! I'll give that a shot