What frustrates you most right now?

Options

Replies

• firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    People who drive 55 in the fast lane, and won't get out of the way. My blood pressure goes so high that I have trouble concentrating on fitness when all I want to do is end them.

^^This. And people who stand, just stand in the way, on the left side of escalators/moving walkways. Drives me bonkers.
  • sabbyfairy
    sabbyfairy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This NJ snowpocalypse! I just want to be able to go outside and run in my shorts and t-shirt without freezing crucial anatomical bits off. :sad:
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    Being heckled by drivers when cycling or running. best one yet has to be "Keep going fat boy!" really just what I need jogging in the freezing cold at 5am.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    still too fat for a bulk.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nothing about my nutrition and fitness frustrates me. Only the amount of time it takes to work does.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm having a REALLY hard time giving up pasta. It is quite literally my FAVORITE food. Last night for example, though I did have the allowance for it, I ate an entire box of shells and white cheddar mac and cheese. I just know it wasn't a good choice, and I only reached HALF of my protein macro yesterday, but I was tipsy and I wanted it ><
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I so feel your pain. I really miss my wine.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Stupid people are always my number one frustration when it comes to anything. Not people who are ignorant of something... but genuine people who refuse to learn/pay attention/educate themselves on something. Whether it's at work, driving, talking, voting, drinking, seriously anything.
  • m0radell
    m0radell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the prime of my youth! I'm supposed to be in the best shape of my life and if my shape now is any indicator to how I will be in the future, it's really scary. I'm angry with myself for even wasting some of these years when I could do so much better.
  • mjjhorto
    mjjhorto Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Free meals are killing me...lunch buffets at a course...parents had just gotten pizza when we visited last night...very hard on the will power
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    The sun.

It is up.

Damn sun.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My number one frustration right now is myself. I'm burned out and trying to make the best of a stressful work situation right now. Most days I wake up and the idea of eating food makes me gag. This morning I had to tote trail mix to work with me because as soon as I get to work I'm starving. I haven't had the energy/motivation to eat properly let alone consider being active which only continues the vicious cycle. Ugh.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That it took me so long to purchase an HRM. All the calories burned during exercise are off compared to the different formulas used out there. I have always known that, but I didn't know how far off. It is no wonder I felt stuffed eating back enough to hit my net calories and remain in a deficit too. Perhaps it wasn't quite as important when I started 160 pounds ago. But it has been difficult to drop on this 9 month 200 pound plateau I have been on. I always thought a food scale was my best investment but I have come to find it was only half of what I needed to really fine tune my dietary needs .
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That there are so many "experts" saying such contradictory things, confusing the heck out of me. I've decided to ignore them all for the sake of my own sanity and just keep things simple.. eat less, move more.

Amen and hallelujah sister! :wink:
  • traumajunkie0601
    Options
    Exactly my problem as well. I am a stress eater and a bored eater. The only thing on my mind is food because there is so much going on in my life that I don't want to deal with, so eating makes it go away. I need to get out of that mindset, because the problems are still there after I eat, only I feel like crap as well.
  • traumajunkie0601
    Options
    What frustrates me the most is I can't get on a schedule and stay there. All I think about is eating, to drown other things going on in my life. I can go for a day or so with no problems, then binge eat until I feel sick. That's why I'm glad I found this site and others who are trying to lose weight, so maybe I can find the support I need. For Valentine's day, my husband got me 3 bottles of body wash and told me I was "fatter than last year, with some areas very obvious." And what did I do when he left for work? Eat. A lot. It is frustrating because I know what I need to do, I just can't seem to keep it up. Plus, I just had a hysterectomy 2 months ago and totaled my SUV last month, so I can't do too much on exercising like I want to. And the chiropractor makes my body hurt so bad I don't want to do anything but lay in bed. This all sounds like a bunch of excuses, doesn't it? But I truly do need to take it easy on my body right now, but I just can't seem to lay the fork down. I just want to scream!
  • Schlackity
    Options
    While I understand that I have lost a lot of weight and people are curious about how I did it, I get a little frustrated when they give me the "you-mean-you-didn't-have-some-medical-procedure/magical-cure" look. They really just don't get it when I tell them I eat whatever I want, but it has to fit into my calories for the day (I don't even think about mentioning macros because they already look too confused). Then if I eat something that THEY don't deem "diet appropriate" I get "Ooooh, you're eating a cookie!"
  • Schlackity
    Options
    What frustrates me the most is I can't get on a schedule and stay there. All I think about is eating, to drown other things going on in my life. I can go for a day or so with no problems, then binge eat until I feel sick. That's why I'm glad I found this site and others who are trying to lose weight, so maybe I can find the support I need. For Valentine's day, my husband got me 3 bottles of body wash and told me I was "fatter than last year, with some areas very obvious." And what did I do when he left for work? Eat. A lot. It is frustrating because I know what I need to do, I just can't seem to keep it up. Plus, I just had a hysterectomy 2 months ago and totaled my SUV last month, so I can't do too much on exercising like I want to. And the chiropractor makes my body hurt so bad I don't want to do anything but lay in bed. This all sounds like a bunch of excuses, doesn't it? But I truly do need to take it easy on my body right now, but I just can't seem to lay the fork down. I just want to scream!

I have started a journal for times when I want to eat but know I shouldn't. I have Microsoft Word on my laptop so I started a document one day and just kept it going. I started by writing out how I got so overweight and why I wanted to lose weight. Then I added to it every now and then. Then I started using it to vent about anything I wanted to. I have had binges that left me feeling downright nauseous. Then I went to the journal and typed until I couldn't type anymore and when I looked back over everything I wrote, my answers were right in front of me. I could see exactly why I was so upset. So now I try to write in the journal BEFORE I binge. I'm up to 90 typed pages so far..LOL.

As for the body wash comment from your husband, I would tell him to shove that body wash in some very obvious areas of his own!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Working so hard to lose 20 lbs and then gaining back 3 lbs in just 1 week on holiday :( Now I have to work extra hard to lose those 3 lbs plus the remaining lbs that have been lingering on for some months now. But I can do this if I stay focused :)
  • robertshurn
    Options
    the day is just started and I'm already at the max of what I should eat; it is frustrating.