Replies

• usteward
    usteward Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • J3ss1caD
    J3ss1caD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Marinate the salmon in some teriyaki sauce... Wegman's has a teriyaki sauce that's glucose free, lactose free, and vegan.

But yea.. marinate it for a few hours.

Cover baking sheet in tin foil. Slice an orange into thin slices.. spread on baking dish forming a rectangle shape. Plop salmon on top (skin down if there's skin).. cook at 425 degrees for about 25-30mins.

My oldest daughter HATES fish.. but this.. she'll eat!

Good luck!!!!

please don't do this with a good quality piece of salmon :( one that's gone off, sure...

What's wrong with that :( Its soooooo good!!!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Marinate the salmon in some teriyaki sauce... Wegman's has a teriyaki sauce that's glucose free, lactose free, and vegan.

But yea.. marinate it for a few hours.

Cover baking sheet in tin foil. Slice an orange into thin slices.. spread on baking dish forming a rectangle shape. Plop salmon on top (skin down if there's skin).. cook at 425 degrees for about 25-30mins.

My oldest daughter HATES fish.. but this.. she'll eat!

Good luck!!!!

please don't do this with a good quality piece of salmon :( one that's gone off, sure...

What's wrong with that :( Its soooooo good!!!

cook it any way that you like it. I have about 50lbs of salmon in my freezer. I cook it anyway I think of. That person would prob scold me for breading salmon as well and frying in a lil olive oil.
  • StillLisa106
    Options
    I like to brush on some marianade made from dijon mustard, olive oil, onion granules w/parsley, black pepper, sea salt, minced garlic and lemon juice. Bake in the oven. Yum!

I second mustard. Dijon, or any coarse and spicy mustard. Salt, pepper and dill.
  • MABoxall
    MABoxall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I steam a couple of thawed filets (Sams Club Frozen Filets) in a fish steamer I got at Bed Bath and Beyond. Before steaming, soak the filets in lemon juice - it takes away the fishyness and freshens it. I put dill and lemon slices on it, but you can even let it soak in soy sauce for more flavor. Microwave with the steam vent closed for 5 minutes. Perfect each time!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Well, when a mommy salmon and daddy salmon love each other very much....

Ha, You beat me to it. :wink:
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Baked with a little lemon, then topped with a greek yogurt/dill sauce. I make it up. Mix dill and little lemon juice in the yogurt.
  • r_jen
    r_jen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyMami1612
    Options
    I highly recommend the fish glaze/ marinade by tastefully simple. though a light breading such as pico crumb is nice too
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Since I love salmon and eat a lot of it, I mean a lot, I'll tell you what my favorites are. Minced fresh garlic, chopped rosemary, fresh ground black pepper, salt, and a little chopped fennel seed. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil Cook on the Traegger.

If you want perfectly cooked fish (not dry) poaching is the wonderful. Can either be done in oven or on stove top. Again, put above spices on, or can be as simple as lemon pepper, any green herbs you like (or any other dry rub), a few very small dots of butter, place in a shallow glass pan and add water or water and a little white wine to come up halfway to top of fish. Cover and steam on low rolling boil for about 5 minutes. You can pull it apart a bit to check for doneness. Do not wait until there is no pink as it will continue cooking after you remove from heat. Better to pull it off while a slight bit of pink inside. I always thought poaching was a boring tasteless way to cook and IT IS NOT. If you are new to this method, don't be disheartened if it doesn't come out perfectly first try. It is very easy and very tasty.
  • gregs_gal
    gregs_gal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My very favorite way to make it is like this:

Sprinkle both sides of salmon with salt and pepper
    Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium/medium high heat.
    Put the salmon in the pan (skin side down) and cook about 3 minutes
    Flip and cook about 3 minutes more

This way is also delicious cooked on the grill.

*Note: Depending on the thickness of your fish you may need to cook for more or less time. I watch it and when it looks cooked about 1/3 of the way through, that's when I flip it.

White Onion Marmalade or Healthy Tartar Sauce (based off the flavors in our more traditional homemade tartar sauce)
    1 white onion thinly sliced (I use a mandolin)
    2 cloves of garlic minced
    juice and zest from one lemon
    fresh or dried dill to taste

In a pan heat a little olive oil. Add garlic and onions and cook until the onion soften (at least 6 minutes). Add lemon juice and zest and a liberal sprinkling of dill. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Pair with a salad of mixed greens, green onions, thinly sliced fennel, grape tomates, and homemade vinaigrette.
  • Mycrazypumpkins
    Mycrazypumpkins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've used that recipe. I just sprinkle the green tea all over it real thick. It gives it a nice flavor....and good for you. Now I sprinkle the green tea on chicken and pork chops.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Smoke it in a wood smoker with Applewood chips for 4-5 hours, then Lather it with Curry Powder and Garlic Pepper and cook it in a little coconut oil. Yumm
  • marcusriedner
    Options
    Baked in the oven with a bit of olive oil and lemon juice and salt. Then to finish I cover it in Borsin cream cheese and warm it in the oven. Suitable for high-fat, low carb eating.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Get salmon steaks. Much better than the dyed pink salmon filets.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Barbecued with seasoned salt, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, sea salt and then eat with Grey Poupon.

Must have been caught within 2 days ago or forget the whole thing.
  • futurejedi
    Options
    cinnamon spice on the grill
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    look at the store for a ceder plank you will love it. Just soak the plank in water for a couple of hours, spray the plank with pam ans put the salmon skin side down on the plank season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 til to desired temperature.

Edit Make sure it is a cooking plank for the ceder. don't get it from a Lowe's as it might be treated with chemicals
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Take a frozen filet (still frozen) and make an aluminum foil pouch for it. Drizzle with olive oil, your choice of seasonings, dash of lemon juice. Seal tight, bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes. Comes out perfect every time.

+1
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    look at the store for a ceder plank you will love it. Just soak the plank in water for a couple of hours, spray the plank with pam ans put the salmon skin side down on the plank season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 til to desired temperature.

Edit Make sure it is a cooking plank for the ceder. don't get it from a Lowe's as it might be treated with chemicals

I salt on the plank and do not oil the plank. I let the skin stick to the plank so that the fillet slides right out of the skin.