what do you guys think of just eating fruits and salads?

Options
124»

Replies

• erendira15
    Options
    thank you all for ur comments ...they really left me thinking
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    i want to do this but what do you guys think?

...ohh and i work in a restaurant so it will be challenge

Sounds terribly imbalanced.

DO IT!!!! Tell us how you are doing after a few weeks. :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you don't win friends with salad

tumblr_m2lkk10j741qm98z0.gif
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    It sounds likes it's missing the essential food groups of steak, beer, and bacon

I've had plenty of salads with steak (usually with blue cheese) and bacon (usually with spinach, or avocado). I've never done beer, but I'd be willing to try incorporating beer into a salad dressing. Maybe a pale ale with citrus -- and I think I'd start with mashed avocado for the fat and emulsifier, or maybe skip the fat and use honey....honey-mustard? Hmmmm...
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Not healthy. Not sustainable.

So no
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why would you do this to yourself?
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    What sort of salads do you mean? If you mean just a few green leaves then no, that's a terrible idea. If you add plenty of legumes, avocados, oil and some nuts, then I'd say go for it.

It's not the most successful strategy for losing weight, but it won't kill you.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of salad you're considering... if it has lean protein (and more than a few strips), dressing that has some good fats, and not just iceberg lettuce.

BUT, that is if you enjoy those foods and don't end up feeling deprived and start binging.

Again, only if you consider the actual ingredients and actively try to get your needed macros. If not, be nice to yourself, that's no way to live.
  • dianelouv
    dianelouv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, after reading the suggestions, that this is the right place for you to get your nutrition information. There's so much misinformation about food. You might read some books about vegetarianism and specifically, Cooking by Michael Pollin, vb6 Vegan before 6 by Mark Bittman, and everything that they suggest to read. Also Vegitarianism for Dummies is good. There's a ton of reading material that will help you think well about your own diet and what you want to do. Vegitarianism is so much fun because there are so many more foods than what most people usually eat. I've been an on and off vegetarian for 30 years. I only don't do it all the time because it's hard where I live here in Mexico. Almost every food has protein and I've never met anyone with a protein deficiency. I believe that's a myth. Have a lot of fun and educate and enjoy yourself!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think that it is an extremely unreasonable restriction to put on yourself, and it will be disheartening when you find that you are unable to maintain it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I think that it is an extremely unreasonable restriction to put on yourself, and it will be disheartening when you find that you are unable to maintain it.
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Getting more fruits and veggies is always a good thing! But I wouldn't do -only- salads, you'd have to eat SO much salad to get enough calories. Maybe have a small fruit salad with your breakfast and then a giant veggie salad as lunch or dinner... you can add hard boiled eggs, nuts and seeds (I love sunflower seeds on salad!), and cheese to add proteins/fats, as well!
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think you could go completely unprocessed if you wished. Fruit in the morning would be healthy and energizing. Salad would be good for dinner or lunch, but I think you should also eat vegetables and nuts/seeds/oats to get protein. You need protein and fiber in your diet.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    No, because protein.

Causes cancer.
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You would most likely lose weight very quickly but that's very restrictive and like the others said not normally sustainable for most people. You have the right idea with the veggies and fruit's but don't be afraid to add some lean protein and healthy fats, and of course the occasional treat! :drinker:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    I think I would be absolutely miserable. Unless the salad was covered in bacon and chicken you can hold the lettuce. Is there an ice cream salad or something too?

526930_682453501783127_1100416009_n.jpg

This almost made me spit water all over my computer. Lol.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's just silly. You need protein (and everything else too)!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Sounds horrifying
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    i want to do this but what do you guys think?

...ohh and i work in a restaurant so it will be challenge

I think it sounds like the 9th circle of Hell.