Gluten. Dairy. Sugar.

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Went back and checked out the OP's profile.

No weight loss listed. For someone who went on a bit about weight dropping off, this is surprising (on a site devoted to watching one's weight).

Two threads, both about her miracle weight loss. Mention of her blog post about same.

Hasn't posted since January. Not a participant.

Unimpressed with OP as a source of reliable, repeatable advice.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and finding out what works for YOU. Not sure why so many people seem to think what you are doing is wrong or that you are imposing it on anyone. If it works for you GREAT! :smile: You should be very proud
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hmm well I was diagnosed with celiac disease and went gluten free, but I ended up gaining weight. Previously I wasn;t absorbing nutrients as everything was going right through me. I spent a lot of time in the washroom.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Coeliacs disease a year and a half ago... I can't cut out dairy because I'm not allowed and I think cutting out sugar entirely would make my life a very sad one as this would include fruits. However since cutting out gluten alone I have GAINED weight as my body processes the food in my gut more efficiently. I think to label dropping these three "sins" as a miracle cure is to not understand that each persons body has different needs. Personally I believe I need to cut out fats and salts from my diet to help me loose weight, but another person might be different.

I had to cut out starch & sugar, this means grains as well. If you've gone gluten-free, & have gained weight, it might be because GF products are very high in carbs =S

It makes a whole lot of sense (from what I've read) that you need to cut fat to lose weight. High carbs + too much fat = weight gain.
    The longer I'm at this, the more I see that while everyone's different, no one's THAT different :laugh:

Good luck & it's wonderful you've found what works for you, that's more than half the battle! :drinker:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I am fairly sure that by taking out sugar it implies refined sugars and leaves room for fruit and things like agave and honey. When you're commenting on others experience keep in mind that you might have to illuminate these things because they are actually INTOLERANT to them, not just to shed pounds!

sugar is sugar, whether it comes from fruit, cane, agave, honey, coconut, palm, date etc.
    As in, whether you're referring to refined sugar or naturally occurring, it's all the same thing.

edited for grammar
  • comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    That is the only way I can lose weight also - and have lost 56 pounds since January. For people struggling with arthritis - wheat sugar and dairy are the big culprits. I have noticed the pain is much reduced since I have embraced this food plan. Best wishes to you!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    sonofa lol.
  • krissymichelle92
    Options
    To be honest, I know how you feel it'll sound crazy but eleminating these things had similar results for me, but was because I was (excuse my language) literally full of *kitten*. I actually saw a doctor after a few months of losing so much weight worried it'd have a negative impact on me... He explained to me how gluten and dairy was causing digestion problems in my body and keeping me backed up. Put me on probiotics and it done a TON more to my body than I could have imagined. Im not complaining lol
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Great job, I recently moved to china in March and I am a teacher here.
    Which means, my diet has changed similar to this, no gluten (lots of rice) and no dairy!!
    Been thinking of going straight keto or Paleo as before, as I might aswell... I still eat sugar however, I intermittent fast and it cuts drastically on that craving

Good for you, the superior body is of greens and proteins!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!