235lbs obese to 150lbs lean 7-8% body fat

Options

Replies

• smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would've never thought you were the same person! Wow! Are you still married ;)
  • Ladysquire
    Ladysquire Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sweet Jesus you have done amazingly well! A total transformation, good work :)
  • TinTinTin111
    TinTinTin111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look awesome! What a fantastic transformation!
  • SnugglePuggles
    Options
    Holy Awesome!
  • Belinda170
    Belinda170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Your wife must be extremely happily married. LOL Great job!
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! You dont even look like the same man...your face has changed so much! Truly bad *kitten*!!! :smile:
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Read your profile...amazing...you have done..wow..outstanding...very impressed and inspired, thank you for sharing
  • Gemmz2014
    Gemmz2014 Posts: 220
    Options
    Wow!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Awesome Transformation! Simply incredible. One question. I noticed you said ex...and you have two kids. Do you have full custody or is it split etc? Just curious how that played into time constraints etc.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    WHOA! Can you be my personal trainer? LOL Freaking amazing!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    No matter how great a person's body looks in after photos...it's always the facial expression that gets me. It's so easy to see a persons unhappiness, their discomfort in their body, when the camera is pointed at them "before". Then you get to the after pics and their faces say "**** yeah! Look at me now!" Those "after" smiles are as motivating as the physical transformations, maybe more.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Holy wow.... Now that is a transformation! thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • csi4us
    csi4us Posts: 74
    Options
    This is a great transformation! You should emphasize to people here that this did take a long time. Five years of no doubt very very very hard work. A lot of people unfortunately have a distorted view that this sort of thing can be done quickly, when really it can't.

I'm 15 months into my transformation and I'm nowhere near where I want to be just yet. I had enough sense however to lay down a 3 year goal for myself, knowing that this wasn't going to be quick. Maybe it'll take me longer than three years, more like five like you I don't know.

Awesome job! You are an inspiration to MFP!

This is what had in mind to say! This is a lifestyle and doesn't happen overnight! Patience a perseverance! One day at a time.
    Would you please tell me what was the most difficult thing during this 5 year transformation? Diet, logging, getting out of bed to go to the gym? What was your turning point!

Awesome Awesome dedication!
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This is a great transformation! You should emphasize to people here that this did take a long time. Five years of no doubt very very very hard work. A lot of people unfortunately have a distorted view that this sort of thing can be done quickly, when really it can't.

I'm 15 months into my transformation and I'm nowhere near where I want to be just yet. I had enough sense however to lay down a 3 year goal for myself, knowing that this wasn't going to be quick. Maybe it'll take me longer than three years, more like five like you I don't know.

Awesome job! You are an inspiration to MFP!

Yeah, it's a long long road. The body has a *REALLY* hard time coming back from being obese which I was for 12ish (?) years. You can lose weight much faster but to lose fat, put on muscle without putting fat back on, it's rough. I went up/down/up/down just trying to put on lean mass over time until I finally learned the standard cut/bulk CANNOT be done for someone who was previously obese. It doesn't work with the body.

Keep plugging away, consistency is key!

Wow! Amazing work. Along these same lines though, would you happen to have pictures to share of your progress along the way, other than the before and after? I just think it's great to see the in between stages, showing what you have to go through along the way. Helps keep me motivated anyway!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    very lucky wife

Ex .. :ohwell:

Sorry....soooo how YOU doin'?

Dammit! You beat me to it. :tongue:

Fantastic work, OP!!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    WOW !!! JUST WOWOWOWOW !!!
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ]
    I finally learned the standard cut/bulk CANNOT be done for someone who was previously obese. It doesn't work with the body.

^^^ This is so true!! ^^^
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic - great job!!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    You sir, have just won at MFP and given me a much needed shot of inspiration into the bargain! Incredible stuff!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate on your method for putting on lean mass without all the fat that comes along with bulking? Did you just eat a little above maintenance and then do mini cuts? I'm down 55 lbs from 230 lbs and I am looking to increase my LBM because I'm lacking muscle. I don't really want to bulk/cut because of the reason you stated.

Pretty much exactly! You have to be patient with it. I'd spreadsheet my diet so that I was ~250 over maintenance and I'd do cardio as much as possible and lift crazy as much as possible. I mean even now, I'm still only 150 lbs @ 5'5" so I haven't put on a TON of mass but enough that while I'm lean I look good.

If I gained too much weight I'd so small cuts and carb cycles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!