235lbs obese to 150lbs lean 7-8% body fat

Options

Replies

• memi84
    memi84 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look like a completely different person. If I saw the old you and the new you on the street, I would think they were two different people. Congratulations on your success.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    As with others - very nice work.

As you said ask questions...
    Did you find any issues with 'loose skin'?

I got myself down to around 160lb last year and it seemed like I had a bit of loose skin, but hard to tell as it's a good bit of time (err, never at adult weight... maybe never at all, in reality) since I've been that slim.
    I'm a bit taller at 6' or so, but have been on an off around 225 for a good many years and similar age to you.
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Excellent! WTG!!!!! U are soooooooo AMAZZZING!!!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PROOF IN THE PICS! YAYYYYY!!!!! CONGRATS!
  • tchereej
    tchereej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's just amazing....words can't even explain!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    That, my friend, is some bad *kitten* progress. Congrats!

AGREED!

I double that
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    The bizness!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    That is one awesome transformation! WTG! :)
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    excellent job there....before photo just like my current body I hope I can make similar change with hard work and consistency!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm in awe of your hard work! :happy:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    As you said ask questions...
    Did you find any issues with 'loose skin'?

Yes actually and older stretch marks as well. The stretch marks blend in especially when tanning but they're there if you're up close and can be felt if you run a hand across my stomach.

For the loose skin, it could be worse and its not bad when standing but in a prone or pushup position gravity takes over and it hangs. This is why I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon in 10 days for a tummy tuck. The cost will be around $5.5k to $6k. It'll be worth it in the end I hope. I put too much time, money and effort into my psysique to not be 100%,happy with it.

If you want to know if you have loose skin, at home take your shirt off and get into a pushup position and see how much hangs.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Cheers - useful info.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    wow ! fab job!!! :drinker:
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    This is a lengthily process that's been around 5 years now. It would seem as though there's a max size for the image, I'm going to have to re-size stuff it would seem!

Awesome transformation. I needed to see this as I tend to get discouraged when this don't change quickly. Five years is not a terribly long time in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for sharing!
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I can literally count on my fingers the number of transformations that have hit me REAL hard in my 2 years on this site. But this one blows them out of the water. You are a true rockstar. If this isnt inspiring, i dont know what is :drinker: :drinker:
    I hope to someone day write such a mindblowing success story myself
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation. I needed to see this as I tend to get discouraged when this don't change quickly. Five years is not a terribly long time in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for sharing!

Thats exactly it man! Thats the mentality I used and even still use today. I do goals in "chunks". I'd spreadsheet a diet and I'd think, "I've been eating like an *kitten* for 13 goddamn years, what the hell is 12 weeks dieting eating like a normal human being is supposed to eat like? It should be easy. If I can't stick to 12 weeks wtf am i doing with my life?"

Then I'd reevaluate after 12 weeks. Maybe take a short week or mental break and then diet again and after time you just look back and see what you've done.

Over time and consistency, thats all it is then in a few years you'll look back at your old pics and say "Wow I'm actually ****ing winning this war."
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Good job! How long did it take and how tall are you? What was your routine?
  • MrsJS5
    MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!!!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look like a totally different person! Wow! Great job!
  • MrsJS5
    MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Thats exactly it man! Thats the mentality I used and even still use today. I do goals in "chunks". I'd spreadsheet a diet and I'd think, "I've been eating like an *kitten* for 13 goddamn years, what the hell is 12 weeks dieting eating like a normal human being is supposed to eat like? It should be easy. If I can't stick to 12 weeks wtf am i doing with my life?"

Then I'd reevaluate after 12 weeks. Maybe take a short week or mental break and then diet again and after time you just look back and see what you've done.

Over time and consistency, thats all it is then in a few years you'll look back at your old pics and say "Wow I'm actually ****ing winning this war."

Thanks for explaining your thought process. It's helpful to know how others think through making tough decisions.
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a lot of hard work! Very inspiring...thanks for putting this out here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!