Call Me Crazy... But I Want MFP Female Role Models!

Options

Replies

• somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has found success through MFP is my role model! :drinker:

Only acceptable definition of success judging by the majority of the posts I see:

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I know i dont have the right to tell anyone what to do, but if we all put the troll on ignore the thread doesnt get more derailed... I should have done that in the first place.

Is there a button for that? It might explain my waning influence. :bigsmile:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm truly humbled and love mia for starting this thread.

all of the women listed so far are AMAZING, whether i'm friends with them or not. i'd like to add my original MFP role model: tallglassofquirky, formerly known as coryida.

<3 this thread.

eta: lorinalynn as well :)<3.

and three of my original friends: amelia_atlantic, namaste1983, laughingdani. props to kristelpoole for telling me about MFP.

mireygal is one of my faves...so i have to list her. i love so many of you so it's not fair to list. i could type 50 names RIGHT NOW. but i have to get lunch...
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Now for a real post from me.

I want to nominate all the lovely ladies on my FL:
    Cranq
    The 2 Ambers
    Otter
    Rebecca
    Joy
    Klara
    Mia
    Lish
    Yoovie
    Hayley
    Chelle
    VJ
    MB
    Juliemouse
    and more (too lazy to keep typing but I <3 you gals)

And a few who aren't on my list but I'm incredibly inspired everytime I see them post:
    usmcmp
    Sara
    Mirey

ETA: LorinaLynn!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    sarahuk and quite a lot of others. many of the women on my friends list

and the men too. because why do we have to only have role models the same gender as us? I know some issues (like working out when you have PMS) are gender specific and some goals may be different based on gender (e.g. how much you can bench), but a lot of issues and goals apply to both genders and our struggles and achievements are not so different.

so yay for all my inspirational and motivational and successful friends and some people here who are not on my friends list who are very inspirational too :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Only acceptable definition of success judging by the majority of the posts I see:

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

I'm pretty sure people explained their reasons for their selections and they are all valid, legit reasons. So they may have ab ore bikini pictures, but that may be due to their confidence they now have. Be happy for them and their success!
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

So very wrong.

Cranq is very successful and she shows off in a catsuit not a bikini.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I know i dont have the right to tell anyone what to do, but if we all put the troll on ignore the thread doesnt get more derailed... I should have done that in the first place.

Agreed, MFP Role Model without an e sound.
    curtsy-o.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    There are so many amazing ladies on my FL. But if I had to pick a few--- The Slorax, Kendle_WarriorPrincess, SoVictorious and Luluchick. All of them inspire me to go out and GET IT when I feel lazy! :smile:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    ALL THE BISHES ON MY FL

Special shout out to bajoyaba and fittreelol.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

You've been here a bit over a month and have lost 5 pounds. Looks like you are on track, great job!

Many of us have been here for a few years, gotten into great shape and offer advice freely that many people pay for. The women on my list openly share the struggles we have even after success. We try to lift others up and show them they have what it takes. Yes, looks do play a small part, but there is much more to being a role model than that and I hope you'll get to know some of the people mentioned to see why they were selected as such.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I love all my ladies. The very first ones to inspire me this time last year were:

Sarauk2sf
    The_Dizzle (who has a different name now)
    Fivethreeone (different name back then)
    MoreBean13
    Crankstr (different name now)

Like I said, all my girls are *kitten* kickers. There are some others I'm not pals with that are equally as awesome (usmcmp, quadgasm... I'm talkin to you)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

not to get all sappy, but...

i think you are missing the point of this site. in fact, i think lots of people are missing the point of this site.

this is not really a calorie counting site.

it's not even a fitness site.

it's a self-improvement site. i don't know if the folks who run MFP understand that, but that's what it is. in 16 months here, i've learned that's what binds the community together. everybody on here is trying to improve something about themselves. for some people that's weight loss. for others, it might be how far they can run. however, for a large majority of people, it's also about feeling better about themselves because they are working on some aspect of their lives or relationships that they are unhappy about. sure, most people come here for the calorie counting... but they stay because they realize that everybody on here can relate to what they are going through, even if we don't have firsthand experience with it. try doing that on facebook or at your next Thanksgiving dinner with your extended family. you'll quickly learn that you'll get better understanding and support here, among your friends than almost anywhere else.

so when i see a thread calling out people as being role models, i understand that it is NOT about their abs or their tiny bikini. it's about who they have helped and about the progress they have made in overcoming the things in life that were holding them back. i know some of the women listed here so far... and i know the REAL struggles that they are going through beyond just weight loss (or fitness). when i think of their progress, that's what i think of first and foremost. that's why they are role models. the fact that they are also accomplishing fitness goals at the same time is just the "cherry on top".

*steps off soapbox*
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I find inspiration on my list every day.. and I love all my ladies on there... they all rock it.. and they are all super supportive. but props to three..

Wobbspsfl- She brings it everyday.. and is a champion.. she works so hard, often against the grain and time and time again i admire her
    MB positif- She has dealt with some tough things in life, she always has great advice.. and she often go againt the current, which i love
    Bellairon- people can shoot her down, but she keeps rising up, shes super likable, works hard, is an awesome mom to a busy household and STILL pulls in out of her to keep it real.

These are JUST three ... there are so many more.. ( honestly i could prob write something about each and every female on my list.. and if those women want that.. PM me.. I got something for you all .. you all Rock)

geez.. i need to list them all

i got to say.. i love my entire list.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

Well that's just sad. Perhaps you should go check out bb.com?

I'm inspired by all that are fighting the fight to better themselves and their lives and working towards their goals.

I'm awed by those that have overcome adversity to do so. You're all rock stars in my book.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

not to get all sappy, but...

i think you are missing the point of this site. in fact, i think lots of people are missing the point of this site.

this is not really a calorie counting site.

it's not even a fitness site.

it's a self-improvement site. i don't know if the folks who run MFP understand that, but that's what it is. in 16 months here, i've learned that's what binds the community together. everybody on here is trying to improve something about themselves. for some people that's weight loss. for others, it might be how far they can run. however, for a large majority of people, it's also about feeling better about themselves because they are working on some aspect of their lives or relationships that they are unhappy about. sure, most people come here for the calorie counting... but they stay because they realize that everybody on here can relate to what they are going through, even if we don't have firsthand experience with it. try doing that on facebook or at your next Thanksgiving dinner with your extended family. you'll quickly learn that you'll get better understanding and support here, among your friends than almost anywhere else.

so when i see a thread calling out people as being role models, i understand that it is NOT about their abs or their tiny bikini. it's about who they have helped and about the progress they have made in overcoming the things in life that were holding them back. i know some of the women listed here so far... and i know the REAL struggles that they are going through beyond just weight loss (or fitness). when i think of their progress, that's what i think of first and foremost. that's why they are role models.

*steps off soapbox*

If you were a female I'd name you. Either way you are still one of my role models.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Now for a real post from me.

I want to nominate all the lovely ladies on my FL:
    Cranq
    The 2 Ambers
    Otter
    Rebecca
    Joy
    Klara
    Mia
    Lish
    Yoovie
    Hayley
    Chelle
    VJ
    MB
    Juliemouse
    and more (too lazy to keep typing but I <3 you gals)

And a few who aren't on my list but I'm incredibly inspired everytime I see them post:
    usmcmp
    Sara
    Mirey

ETA: LorinaLynn!
    ^^^ kudos girl.. right back at ya..
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    I love all my ladies. The very first ones to inspire me this time last year were:

Sarauk2sf
    The_Dizzle (who has a different name now)
    Fivethreeone (different name back then)
    MoreBean13
    Crankstr (different name now)

Like I said, all my girls are *kitten* kickers. There are some others I'm not pals with that are equally as awesome (usmcmp, quadgasm... I'm talkin to you)

Ooo Dizzle!!
    Her quads are inspiring.
    And Beans so good with advice