Call Me Crazy... But I Want MFP Female Role Models!

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Now for a real post from me.

I want to nominate all the lovely ladies on my FL:
    Cranq
    The 2 Ambers
    Otter
    Rebecca
    Joy
    Klara
    Mia
    Lish
    Yoovie
    Hayley
    Chelle
    VJ
    MB
    Juliemouse
    and more (too lazy to keep typing but I <3 you gals)

And a few who aren't on my list but I'm incredibly inspired everytime I see them post:
    usmcmp
    Sara
    Mirey

ETA: LorinaLynn!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Cranq
    The 2 Ambers
    Otter
    Rebecca
    Joy
    Klara
    Mia
    Lish
    Yoovie
    Hayley
    Chelle
    VJ
    MB
    Juliemouse

And a few who aren't on my list but I'm incredibly inspired everytime I see them post:
    usmcmp
    Sara
    Mirey

MIA!?! AS IN ME!?!? YOU ADMIRE ME?!?!?!?!?

I... I don't know what to say!!!!! :D

Jake_sparkly_eyes.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Too many posts to quote. Just wanted to thank all the awesome ladies for the mention. I actually admire all of you as well even though we aren't friends. Incredible advice and inspiring stories. You ladies are great role models!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has found success through MFP is my role model! :drinker:

Only acceptable definition of success judging by the majority of the posts I see:

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

I vehemently disagree. the woman I named in my post I did so because she can squat 275lb to parallel (or it might have been more than that, can't remember the exact number but close to 300lb). And there are a lot of men and women here whose goals are about what they can do, like running marathons or lifting heavy things rather than aesthetics (although let's face it looking good is generally a side effect of achieving those goals but that's beside the point)

not that there's anything wrong with having a goal to look great in a bikini or have 6 pack abs........... but it's far far far from the truth that these are the only things considered as indicators of success on this site.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Cranq
    The 2 Ambers
    Otter
    Rebecca
    Joy
    Klara
    Mia
    Lish
    Yoovie
    Hayley
    Chelle
    VJ
    MB
    Juliemouse

usmcmp
    Sara
    Mirey

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

x2

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

"the 2 Ambers" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    not to get all sappy, but...

i think you are missing the point of this site. in fact, i think lots of people are missing the point of this site.

this is not really a calorie counting site.

it's not even a fitness site.

it's a self-improvement site. i don't know if the folks who run MFP understand that, but that's what it is. in 16 months here, i've learned that's what binds the community together. everybody on here is trying to improve something about themselves. for some people that's weight loss. for others, it might be how far they can run. however, for a large majority of people, it's also about feeling better about themselves because they are working on some aspect of their lives or relationships that they are unhappy about. sure, most people come here for the calorie counting... but they stay because they realize that everybody on here can relate to what they are going through, even if we don't have firsthand experience with it. try doing that on facebook or at your next Thanksgiving dinner with your extended family. you'll quickly learn that you'll get better understanding and support here, among your friends than almost anywhere else.

so when i see a thread calling out people as being role models, i understand that it is NOT about their abs or their tiny bikini. it's about who they have helped and about the progress they have made in overcoming the things in life that were holding them back. i know some of the women listed here so far... and i know the REAL struggles that they are going through beyond just weight loss (or fitness). when i think of their progress, that's what i think of first and foremost. that's why they are role models. the fact that they are also accomplishing fitness goals at the same time is just the "cherry on top".

*steps off soapbox*

*slow clap* that was awesome. Who is going to start the male role model thread? Anyone? Anyone?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

i think you are missing the point of this site. in fact, i think lots of people are missing the point of this site.

it's a self-improvement site. i don't know if the folks who run MFP understand that, but that's what it is. in 16 months here, i've learned that's what binds the community together. everybody on here is trying to improve something about themselves. for some people that's weight loss. for others, it might be how far they can run. however, for a large majority of people, it's also about feeling better about themselves because they are working on some aspect of their lives or relationships that they are unhappy about. sure, most people come here for the calorie counting... but they stay because they realize that everybody on here can relate to what they are going through, even if we don't have firsthand experience with it. try doing that on facebook or at your next Thanksgiving dinner with your extended family. you'll quickly learn that you'll get better understanding and support here, among your friends than almost anywhere else.

so when i see a thread calling out people as being role models, i understand that it is NOT about their abs or their tiny bikini. it's about who they have helped and about the progress they have made in overcoming the things in life that were holding them back. i know some of the women listed here so far... and i know the REAL struggles that they are going through beyond just weight loss (or fitness). when i think of their progress, that's what i think of first and foremost. that's why they are role models. the fact that they are also accomplishing fitness goals at the same time is just the "cherry on top".

*steps off soapbox*

*slow clap* that was awesome. Who is going to start the male role model thread? Anyone? Anyone?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1190190-call-me-crazy-but-i-want-mfp-male-role-models
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

No :angry:.

You're doing it wrong. It's N:angry: If you're gonna quote her, quote accurately.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have SOOOO many on my FL ... But I think for this topic : Crazie4lulu, Sarauk2sf, Miz_Sparklez, Cali_Chica, _EmmaStrong_, and firestarter911 deserve a Soecial shout out :)))
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Cranq
    The 2 Ambers
    Otter
    Rebecca
    Joy
    Klara
    Mia
    Lish
    Yoovie
    Hayley
    Chelle
    VJ
    MB
    Juliemouse

usmcmp
    Sara
    Mirey

MIA!?! AS IN ME!?!? YOU ADMIRE ME?!?!?!?!?

I... I don't know what to say!!!!! :D

Jake_sparkly_eyes.gif

Haha I didnt mean you because I dont know you yet!
    I meant the other Mia lol

But we can change this and my list could be modified to be "the 2 Ambers and the 2 Mias"
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Where do I start? SO many AMAZING ladies on my FL!!!

Miz_Sparklez
    SoVi
    CrazieforLulu
    Firestarter911
    Firecracker
    Leather_N_Lace
    emtbabe
    Fivethreeone
    Mireygal
    Firstsip
    Quadgasm
    Kendle_Warrior
    BadBamaJama
    KANGOOJUMPS
    Mom_4_More_Muscles
    Iceberg_Simpson
    Iron_Lotus
    TinkerbellsDeception
    Lil_Lanie
    MacInCali
    InForBacon
    redheaddee
    suelegal
    jerseypeach0209
    Miska
    Mmm_drop
    catneon
    adini749
    Factory_Reset
    ProgressNotPerfection
    calibriintx
    AmyP619
    silvergurl518
    workout_fish
    Candi_Land
    Fozzi43
    ipuffyheart
    misvandyk_82
    MB_Postif
    MinnieInMaine

And then there's some of my newbies who I already love cuz they kick BUTT!!!!

Mia_Ragazza
    RachelIX04
    LishLash79
    gembug79
    Aint_Misbehavin'
    sassyrayofsunshine
    tageekly
    parys1
    KCoolBeanz
    TheSlorax

This sums up a good portion of the INCREDIBLE ladies on my list, but you ALL deserve a shout out for inspring me every day to be a better and stronger me!! :heart:
  • PrintUSMC
    PrintUSMC Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    JRHM

and

Mireygal76

---i could use more role models of both sexs---
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Miz_Sparklez
    SoVi
    CrazieforLulu
    Firestarter911
    Firecracker
    Leather_N_Lace
    emtbabe
    Fivethreeone
    Mireygal
    Firstsip
    Quadgasm
    Kendle_Warrior
    BadBamaJama
    Mom_4_More_Muscles
    Iceberg_Simpson
    Iron_Lotus
    TinkerbellsDeception
    Lil_Lanie
    MacInCali
    InForBacon
    redheaddee
    suelegal
    jerseypeach0209
    Miska
    Mmm_drop
    catneon
    adini749
    Factory_Reset
    ProgressNotPerfection
    calibriintx
    AmyP619
    silvergurl518
    workout_fish
    Candi_Land
    Fozzi43
    ipuffyheart
    misvandyk_82
    MB_Postif
    MinnieInMaine

Mia_Ragazza
    RachelIX04
    LishLash79
    gembug79
    Aint_Misbehavin'
    sassyrayofsunshine
    tageekly
    parys1
    KCoolBeanz

This sums up a good portion of the INCREDIBLE ladies on my list, but you ALL deserve a shout out for inspring me every day to be a better and stronger me!! :heart:

I :heart: you!
  • Dan_Druff
    Dan_Druff Posts: 104
    Options

No :angry:.

You're doing it wrong. It's N:angry: If you're gonna quote her, quote accurately.

tumblr_inline_mnoqvwoB7N1qz4rgp.gif
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

it's a self-improvement site.

QFT. I love this.:flowerforyou:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There are so many I can't even list them all... I watch (sounds creepy but I promise I'm only lurking the threads) all the ladies that have been listed... some I'm friends with, most I'm not (mostly because I don't feel like I have the "cred" yet to be their friends)... and y'all just inspire me and motivated to keep on trying... even when I want to quit and give up and use my time doing something else.

Keep on keepin' on ladies... without even knowing it you are motiving all (or at least some) the rest of us lazy butts. :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Miz_Sparklez
    SoVi
    CrazieforLulu
    Firestarter911
    Firecracker
    Leather_N_Lace
    emtbabe
    Fivethreeone
    Mireygal
    Firstsip
    Quadgasm
    Kendle_Warrior
    BadBamaJama
    KANGOOJUMPS
    Mom_4_More_Muscles
    Iceberg_Simpson
    Iron_Lotus
    TinkerbellsDeception
    Lil_Lanie
    MacInCali
    InForBacon
    redheaddee
    suelegal
    jerseypeach0209
    Miska
    Mmm_drop
    catneon
    adini749
    Factory_Reset
    ProgressNotPerfection
    calibriintx
    AmyP619
    silvergurl518
    workout_fish
    Candi_Land
    Fozzi43
    ipuffyheart
    misvandyk_82
    MB_Postif
    MinnieInMaine

Mia_Ragazza
    RachelIX04
    LishLash79
    gembug79
    Aint_Misbehavin'
    sassyrayofsunshine
    tageekly
    parys1
    KCoolBeanz
    TheSlorax

Love you so effing much! <3333
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    There are so many I can't even list them all... I watch (sounds creepy but I promise I'm only lurking the threads) all the ladies that have been listed... some I'm friends with, most I'm not (mostly because I don't feel like I have the "cred" yet to be their friends)... and y'all just inspire me and motivated to keep on trying... even when I want to quit and give up and use my time doing something else.

Keep on keepin' on ladies... without even knowing it you are motiving all (or at least some) the rest of us lazy butts. :flowerforyou:

Pfft! I ain't got no cred and I went for all of them!! lol.

Also, I have no shame and very little fear aside form spiders... so that could be why...

either way, go for it. The worst that will happen is they'll say no.

or apparently n:angry:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Too many posts to quote. Just wanted to thank all the awesome ladies for the mention. I actually admire all of you as well even though we aren't friends. Incredible advice and inspiring stories. You ladies are great role models!

Likewise! I am humbled and honored to be named among such awesome people.
    Brainy and HelWithIt... you guys both inspire me... and Brainy what you wrote in particular couldn't be more true.

The ones that inspire me aren't on my list because they have 'abs' or 'small bikinis' (though, yeah, some of them do)... they are the ones who have overcome and continue to do so. They are the ones who are in the progress of overcoming... and some of them wouldn't say they have overcome anything... but they are doing their damnedest to get there.

It's all about the war they are fighting...and they are the warriors. Regardless of looks, size... they have determination and willpower. And they are awesome.

I love my MFP family (both those on my FL, and those who are not!)