Call Me Crazy... But I Want MFP Female Role Models!

Options

Replies

• crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    just a shout out to all who mentioned me today on here. muah!!! means a lot to be looked up to this way!!! xoxo
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would like to nominate DopeItUp.

Nobody understands matching your lifting belt to your shoes like Dope does!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I want to nominate him b/c of his consistently consistent advices.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    not to get all sappy, but...

i think you are missing the point of this site. in fact, i think lots of people are missing the point of this site.

this is not really a calorie counting site.

it's not even a fitness site.

it's a self-improvement site. i don't know if the folks who run MFP understand that, but that's what it is. in 16 months here, i've learned that's what binds the community together. everybody on here is trying to improve something about themselves. for some people that's weight loss. for others, it might be how far they can run. however, for a large majority of people, it's also about feeling better about themselves because they are working on some aspect of their lives or relationships that they are unhappy about. sure, most people come here for the calorie counting... but they stay because they realize that everybody on here can relate to what they are going through, even if we don't have firsthand experience with it. try doing that on facebook or at your next Thanksgiving dinner with your extended family. you'll quickly learn that you'll get better understanding and support here, among your friends than almost anywhere else.

so when i see a thread calling out people as being role models, i understand that it is NOT about their abs or their tiny bikini. it's about who they have helped and about the progress they have made in overcoming the things in life that were holding them back. i know some of the women listed here so far... and i know the REAL struggles that they are going through beyond just weight loss (or fitness). when i think of their progress, that's what i think of first and foremost. that's why they are role models. the fact that they are also accomplishing fitness goals at the same time is just the "cherry on top".

*steps off soapbox*

*slow clap* that was awesome. Who is going to start the male role model thread? Anyone? Anyone?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1190190-call-me-crazy-but-i-want-mfp-male-role-models

can someone PM me when they get to "roll" models? I might be mentioned in that one.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Seriously love all the ladies on my FL, the two that stand out the most as my biggest inspirations are Salvaje26 and MiaRagazza_Tosta

Big thanks to everyone who mentioned me!! Hugs :heart:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Seriously love all the ladies on my FL, the two that stand out the most as my biggest inspirations are Salvaje26 and MiaRagazza_Tosta

Moi? I'm honored! Srs

:heart:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Moi? I'm honored! Srs

Yes!!!
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    My role model is Jodi. That girl kicks major butt.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I love all my ladies. The very first ones to inspire me this time last year were:

Sarauk2sf
    The_Dizzle (who has a different name now)
    Fivethreeone (different name back then)
    MoreBean13
    Crankstr (different name now)

Like I said, all my girls are *kitten* kickers. There are some others I'm not pals with that are equally as awesome (usmcmp, quadgasm... I'm talkin to you)
    I couldn't agree more. I also would like to add Mirey. I haven't had the pleasure of picking the brains of these warriors, but I have always admired them for the work ethic and knowledge.

*edit to add that the ladies on my FL is pretty awesome too. Congrats on the hard work and sweat to all the ladies...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Moi? I'm honored! Srs

Yes!!!

see this is what makes it hard. i'd say MB and i'd also say mia. then i'd have a ton of others and that's just from my FL. I think it's safe to say the logic of a free site that counts calories in a straightforward way is a magnet for awesome women with brains and goals.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I love all my ladies. The very first ones to inspire me this time last year were:

Sarauk2sf
    The_Dizzle (who has a different name now)
    Fivethreeone (different name back then)
    MoreBean13
    Crankstr (different name now)

Like I said, all my girls are *kitten* kickers. There are some others I'm not pals with that are equally as awesome (usmcmp, quadgasm... I'm talkin to you)
    I couldn't agree more. I also would like to add Mirey. I haven't had the pleasure of picking the brains of these warriors, but I have always admired them for the work ethic and knowledge.

*edit to add that the ladies on my FL is pretty awesome too. Congrats on the hard work and sweat to all the ladies...

Oh I didn't see this before- Thanks so much! I am honored. :hugs:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I love all the folks on my FL, but I have to say Forrl is the best female role model.

Don't send her a FR though, because she is mine.

But I loves her too! Share, Snowflake! U gots to share!!!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Cranquistador

^Cannot forget Jules <3.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The 2 that instantly come to mind are:
    sarauk2sf and usmcmp (I think that's what it is).
    I'm mirin their hot bods and they're always very helpful and give sound advice on the forums.

AWWWW! :heart:

Add to the :flowerforyou: Good company I have been put with =)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf is my bish

I mean role model
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Anyone who has found success through MFP is my role model! :drinker:

Only acceptable definition of success judging by the majority of the posts I see:

Men - Abs
    Women - Tiny bikini

I vehemently disagree. the woman I named in my post I did so because she can squat 275lb to parallel (or it might have been more than that, can't remember the exact number but close to 300lb). And there are a lot of men and women here whose goals are about what they can do, like running marathons or lifting heavy things rather than aesthetics (although let's face it looking good is generally a side effect of achieving those goals but that's beside the point)

not that there's anything wrong with having a goal to look great in a bikini or have 6 pack abs........... but it's far far far from the truth that these are the only things considered as indicators of success on this site.

Thank you - and thank you to everyone who mentioned me (well, except the dude above me....I am not sure if he even lifts anyway)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Sarauk2sf is my bish

I mean role model

LMAO...:flowerforyou:

well, you did copy me and switch to sumo deads :tongue:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf is my bish

I mean role model

LMAO...:flowerforyou:

well, you did copy me and switch to sumo deads :tongue:

Look. You KNOW I struggle with deads. You're like 50 years old and if I don't get my ish together you're going to pull more than I can.

Gotta do what I gotta do.

also how U doin?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

But Dave promised to match his shoes, belt and gloves when he did the handoff for bench for me at my next meet - and to color co-ordinate them with my purple lifting belt and nerd sox. Sorry Dope, Dave's got you beat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

also how U doin?

Maybe you should be wondering how U will be doin' if I get my hands on you for that one :tongue: