Guest Speaker today at my work - what I learned

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
1 - The adrenal glands handle all stress and they can't distinguish between physical and mental stress. Being stressed releases cortisol which makes you store belly fat.

2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

3 - Sugar is bad.....awful....Wheat bread should be considered a dessert because it is a 71 on the glycemic index

4 - Actually.....all grains are bad. It's a worthless food group and every grain should be considered a dessert

5 - You have to eat 25 apples today to get the same nutritional value from one apple in the 1940s.

6 - Cereal companies take all nutrients out of the grain and then spray it with 6 synthetic vitamins and minerals....that's what enriched and fortified means.

7 - You really need to watch carbs and sugars. Calories don't really mean anything. All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) say your body doesn't really know calories....It just knows hormones.

8 - You should only eat a max of 72g of carbs and 9g sugar per day.

At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery.

9 - Everyone needs 5 supplements....He went through it so quickly I didn't catch them all but they included multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and fish oil....along with two others.

10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

11 - Joint pain is pretty much always caused from poor nutrition.

12 - Detoxing is great but only if you are up for it. You need to eat right and exercise first before starting your full body cleanse. He did a detox once when his body wasn't ready and ended up with hyperthyroidism. He started eating right though and it fixed itself.

13 - You should only eat 3-4 oz. of protein at a time. Any more than 4 oz. and the remainder is immediately stored as fat instead.

14 - Juicing is great....watch the fruits though. Only 3.33 C (max) fruit per day and 10C vegetables per day (min)

15 - If you are trying to lose weight eat your fruit late at night before you go to bed so you can burn off all the fruit sugar while you sleep.....Otherwise you have to burn the fruit sugar off first when you exercise.

16 - You should do a parasite protocol every year because 9-10 people have parasites inside of them.

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    *slams 10 ounces of filet*

2rpp6ph.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    ^ Enjoy your 6oz of fat.....
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    The liver healing thing sounds legit. I wish I could have been there.
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My head hurts now...
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    And someone got paid for that. Oy.
  • a_doublej
    a_doublej Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Of course he brings up a line of supplements he sells and profits from.

It makes sense now.

Wait, no, it doesn't.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You know what I learned from your guest speaker today?

Crack is whack, yo!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif \m/
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

He's a doctor.......and a nutritionist.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

This thread is now bookmarked for future "you don't know better than a DOCTOR" posts.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Could somebody please run your hands down my back? I need to make sure my liver is healthy! How do I make sure the other organs are working right? :tongue:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

This thread is now bookmarked for future "you don't know better than a DOCTOR" posts.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hahaha wow. This was awesome/terrifying.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    first-i-was-like.gif
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit. I'd throw my money at him.
    wayqylJ.gif
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What kind of doctor is he? I understand that anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist" without any credentials.

I would be skeptical of his information, especially since he seems to be selling something. Was there any scientific results backing up his claims?
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    "All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) "

Can't stop laughing :devil: :noway:
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Say what?! My jaw just sorta hit the floor. I was all thinking..ookkkkk. Maybe this person is on to something?

Then I kept reading.